No announcement yet.

Give yourself an uppercut Robbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOS has been on the bench as an insurance policy in case one of the halves/hooker gets injured. The fact that one of our halves/hooker didn't get injured doesn't mean the selection was a mistake.

Canberra played well today but, even with our 16 man team, we could have beaten them if a few decisions went our way and if we'd shown a bit more composure at the end there. And we did score two tries to one.

Comment

Originally posted by mightyrooster View Post
      People are forgetting that SOS is there as injury cover for Cronk only. If Cronk went down who would steer the team around the field with no Keary? Who would do the tactical kicking? That is Robbo’s reasoning and logic. It makes perfect sense to me.
      Me too.
      If Cronk was to go down we would be playing not only without a 7 but also without a 6. No halves. Therefore Robbo has little
      choice but to put SOS on the bench. But no, you lot know better.

Comment

Ok I think I get it. Robbo brings on SOS just in case Cronk goes down so SOS steps in to win the game for us against the Raiders. But since Cronk hasn’t gone down, that decision of having that insurance policy so we don’t lose the game, what da hell happen? I would prefer that we play at our full potential and if something happened to our half than at least we know we did all we could. At least give the kid a go for a few minutes to see what he can do. This tactic by Robbo could prove to be very costly.

Comment

Robbo has out smarted himself again. Playing midget forwards and only 3 reserves against a big Canberra pack.

Comment

I'd imagine Robbo is picking the bench the way he has been because these are the players that he can rely on in defence, and that make few errors in attack. Putting boppers like Collins and Farmer in the squad might help the go forward, but neither of them is particularly useful laterally. SOS is a speed bump as well.
            Originally posted by jism
            I saw Reynolds crying in front of me after the game and yelled out 'WHAT ARE YOU CRYING ABOUT?!?!? GO SAY SORRY TO COOPER YOU GRUB!!!' He looked up at me with a pretty broken looking face.

Comment

Originally posted by <ME> View Post

This is as good as your ‘Robbo is a genius because he limits the ball that Kearey and Mitchell gets.
              You clearly missed the sarcasm.

Comment

Originally posted by ROC181 View Post

You’ve used this ‘the main reason why Cronk was brought here’ on 3 different threads I’ve read today. One I read before the game and 2 on post game. I didn’t believe it the first time and I certainly don’t believe it now. Too hard to come up with different ways to stick the boot at Cronk?
                Who's sticking the boot into Cronk?

I'm sticking the boot into pwn, I mean intheduritt, I mean thracian.

Lighten up ROC. Cronk has been a lot better in the last month of footy, I've got nothing against him it's all in your imagination.

Comment

Originally posted by ROC181 View Post

You’ve used this ‘the main reason why Cronk was brought here’ on 3 different threads I’ve read today. One I read before the game and 2 on post game. I didn’t believe it the first time and I certainly don’t believe it now. Too hard to come up with different ways to stick the boot at Cronk?
                  To be fair to this idiot, he is taking a pot shot at comments I made
                  Bringer of Rain, Embrace the Hate, Freedom for All

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
                    We lost.
                    Let’s sack Robbo he’s useless.
                    Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah.
                    ZZZzzzzz.....
                    this isn’t a sack Robbo thread, this is a WTF are you doing Robbo thread, his bench use has been ordinary from day 1, that and blind loyalty are his biggest Achilles heels.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
                      Makes no sense, SOS is our future, he's the main reason why Cronk was brought here so I don't know why Robbo isn't letting him play with his mentor.
                      But he goes to the Broncos doesn't he?
                      Future?

Comment

I'm really really puzzled by the apparent need for this extra big bopper on the bench.

Here's the forward minutes yesterday:

SST 50 min
                        Napa 40 min
                        Cordner 80 min
                        Liu 57 min (shifted to lock for Rads)
                        Radley 50 min
                        Butcher 26 min
                        Tetevano 40 min
                        Aubusson 57 min (edge)

So who exactly needs a long stint? And why would they be tired? If you want Collins on for 20min, who is he replacing?

That is a stock standard forward rotation we have right there.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

Me too.
                          If Cronk was to go down we would be playing not only without a 7 but also without a 6. No halves. Therefore Robbo has little
                          choice but to put SOS on the bench. But no, you lot know better.
                          So why not have him playing 5/8 from the start? He could have played the last 3 games. That way we could have Matto on the bench as insurance.
                          If we stick to a 16 man team we are not running deep in the finals. If our club only has two halves good enough to play 1st grade then we are in trouble. Look at the Storm, they play Munster, Jacks, Hughes, Smith, and Croft in the halves and keep on going.

We should go back to having a winger on the bench, for insurance.

Comment

Originally posted by The Thracian View Post
                            i am rarely critical of Robbo but fark me leaving SOS on the bench 3 consecutive weeks is a disgrace, either play him or bring in an extra forward, he seems way too non fussed to my likings, no emotion, nothing, he has a plodding, clumsy 5/8 backrower playing 5/8 and a very good ball playing 5/8 spending 240 straight minutes on the bench.

How can he justify this?

we have our most damaging attacking weapon playing outside 2 non passes of the ball in Matto and Cords, he was ne et going to it it early enough to do any damage

it is no coincidence, no Keary, no Latrell influence the poor bugger gets a cold

Am I the only one frustrated with this shit?
                            I am frustrated cos our 7 didn’t win us that game.

I know another 7 who would have copped it royally if he was still wearing our 7.

That kid on the bench would’ve been reamed by those monsters yesterday.

We don’t need to use the whole bench or all our changes,most weeks in fact we don’t.

We kept the best attacking team in the game to 1 try.

I thought we did well considering they were perfect for most of the game. Like the Cowplods.

I would rather be playing lower teams that put in their best performances against us like that than be one of those spoiler teams, like 2016.

Cronkite is to blame. The iceman didn’t cometh.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                              I'm really really puzzled by the apparent need for this extra big bopper on the bench.

Here's the forward minutes yesterday:

SST 50 min
                              Napa 40 min
                              Cordner 80 min
                              Liu 57 min (shifted to lock for Rads)
                              Radley 50 min
                              Butcher 26 min
                              Tetevano 40 min
                              Aubusson 57 min (edge)

So who exactly needs a long stint? And why would they be tired? If you want Collins on for 20min, who is he replacing?

That is a stock standard forward rotation we have right there.
                              Take it one step further. Say Collins is on the bench instead of SOS. How do you get him into that rotation?

Comment

Originally posted by stsae View Post

I am frustrated cos our 7 didn’t win us that game.

I know another 7 who would have copped it royally if he was still wearing our 7.

That kid on the bench would’ve been reamed by those monsters yesterday.

We don’t need to use the whole bench or all our changes,most weeks in fact we don’t.

We kept the best attacking team in the game to 1 try.

I thought we did well considering they were perfect for most of the game. Like the Cowplods.

I would rather be playing lower teams that put in their best performances against us like that than be one of those spoiler teams, like 2016.

Cronkite is to blame. The iceman didn’t cometh.

We would have been 20 behind and never have got back idiot with that other pill popping drop kick

Comment

Working...
                                X