No announcement yet.

ROOSTERS vs RAIDERS Gameday Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well, i think the we were due for a loss. A winning run will always end, and luckily it ended on a game with hoodoo written all over it. Also, Ryan Matterson isnt a halfback, just use SOS.
    EASTS TO WIN!

Comment

• Originally posted by roosterchook View Post
      We can’t handle pressure simple as that.
      i think we just played dumb football today, and we have handled a lot of pressure quite well this year.
      EASTS TO WIN!

Comment

• Is it just me or would Lindsay Collins have been productive off the bench for us today?

Comment

• Fark some of you sound like we just got knocked out of the finals. Our defence was superb against a massive football side. We scored 2 trys to one
          we got beat coz of a crappy call on Jake. Pump up. It's just a flesh wound.
          Embrace the Hate! JC

Comment

• Originally posted by fletch View Post

Butcher was great today, nearly 120 metres in his stint.
            Yes i thought they were all good BUT they were not JWH. We needed that kind of interchange, not a middleweight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lydon View Post
              Is it just me or would Lindsay Collins have been productive off the bench for us today?
              Ofcourse he would have been, Canberra are a big side and we played a small 3 man bench.....making it harder than it should be.

Comment

• Always knew this was a danger game , i thought we'd loose a game before the finals ... glad we've got it out the way .

Comment

• Refs were inconsistent in their rulings no doubt but we had enough chances to win that game by a few tries.

Before we can blame the refs we must look at ourselves and we were poor to say the least.

I think the game with St George may have painted over a few cracks of just how limited our attack is without Luke Keary.

It is clear that without Keary neither Friend nor Cronk know how to unlock the attacking ability of Latrell and Teddy, our two most potent attacking weapons.

Friend really needs to work on his ruck plays with Teddy, this is Teddy's bread and butter and its criminal that we have a million dollar fullback who has his potential capped because his partnership with our dummy half is almost non existent outside of a grubber kick close to the line.

Cronk needs to work on his selective passing, you can't just keep hitting lead runners all day long its just too predictable. It took 78minutes for Cronks first pass to find Latrell, that is inexplicable and he really needs to start taking some ownership of our attack in yardage sets when Keary's not there, we were so predictable all day.

Our defence was exceptional though, lets not lose sight of that.

I still think we are as good a shot as any at this premiership but this arvo showed up some real attacking flaws in our game. Maybe a bit of a blessing in disguise because Keary being out has exposed a few things that if we can improve on hopefully elevates us to another level.

Comment

• i thought danger game ....worst fears realised

Comment

• Originally posted by Lydon View Post
                      Is it just me or would Lindsay Collins have been productive off the bench for us today?
                      Can he ball play?

If not then probably not.

We didn't struggle for yardage up the guts or teritory today, I thought all the middles were good.

It was our execution in attack and variation that let us down.

Comment

• Originally posted by John Corey View Post
                        Fark some of you sound like we just got knocked out of the finals. Our defence was superb against a massive football side. We scored 2 trys to one
                        we got beat coz of a crappy call on Jake. Pump up. It's just a flesh wound.
                        Not that it’ll happen but if we don’t win the last 2 games, we could be as low as 6th. I think every game is crucial so lets hope that decisions prior to the game don’t cost us a position in the top 4, let alone top 2.

Comment

• I won’t be slashing my wrists. In fairness Canberra were very good and they only scored one try.

Comment

• So much for all the talk in the media about Napa being the leader today. Very disappointing performance but the faster the game the more he is behind the pace. Butcher was excellent when he came on.

Comment

• We had no second phase play without Jared. I thought Butcher was great today. He has a great offload so hopefully he has the confidence to start using it.
                              Embrace the Hate! JC

Comment

• Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

Can he ball play?

If not then probably not.

We didn't struggle for yardage up the guts or teritory today, I thought all the middles were good.

It was our execution in attack and variation that let us down.
                                I thought at certain stages the Raiders were rolling up the middle easily and maybe another big bopper might’ve helped tighten it up..

Not a fan of a spare man sitting on the bench not getting a run,like the rest of us I guess..

Comment

Working...
                                X