SCG, 2019-21 Home Ground

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCG, 2019-21 Home Ground

Just heard from the club regarding the relocation to the SCG next season so the new stadium can be built, to be completed by early 2022.

There is an open day for members at the SCG before the Dragons game to look at the facilities and walk onto the ground.

Made me a bit sad to think the SFS won’t be our ground anymore. Have had plenty of great memories there. Makes me feel the players have something extra to play for this season. There are maybe 5 more games before they knock the joint down.

Reminds me of when we played at Henson Park when the stadium was being built.

Anyway, let’s make the most of it til then and get them home with the Cup this year. Go Easts!
    ..it’ll be interesting to see

The SCG has always been our 2nd home, it'll be great next year, such an historic place.

Comment

Hopefully the next game I see there will be better than the last. Our former halfback and his kicks out on the full.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Stehr View Post
        The SCG has always been our 2nd home, it'll be great next year, such an historic place.
        Great ground, shit place to watch league

Comment

I won’t go watch a match of league there again, dump of a ground for league. Unfortunately no membership for me until sfs is redone. Might just get the out of town member pack.

Comment

Hard ground the SCG. Hopefully the surface doesn’t cause injury.

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post
              I won’t go watch a match of league there again, dump of a ground for league. Unfortunately no membership for me until sfs is redone. Might just get the out of town member pack.
              It’s a change the club isn’t responsible for and couldn’t avoid. Support your Roosters!

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

It’s a change the club isn’t responsible for and couldn’t avoid. Support your Roosters!
                Still will, just not at “home”

Been there a few times and never enjoyed it. Will still watch them at Bruce, and will have to make a trip to the new parra stadium which looks impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post
                  Same for my family, we are out for a few years now. Watching League at the SCG is just not enjoyable

Comment

Looks like our crowd numbers will be down significantly. I agree it’s a crap ground to watch league but I’d attend a game anywhere to support my team.

Comment

All the members reserved seats in the Bob O’Reilly stand. Chookpen on the concourse only, no chookpen undercover.
                      Day games sun in the eyes all day. Terrible seating plan.
                      Looking at the proposed seating map the Brewongle, the Clive Churchill and the Victor Trumper stands not allocated for members.
                      A lot of members are not going to be happy. I guess visitors get the best available seating in those stands at an inflated price.
                      The club is not taking care of the members who support them every week. Very disappointing.

Comment

I still cannot see why we have to spend billions building a new stadium here + our at Homebush.

Stuart Ayre will probably lose his seat in the next election when the Libs are bundled out of office and the whole thing will just become a messy, failed vote buying expedition.

PS - I still think we should play at ES Marks.

Comment

Originally posted by RoosterChick View Post
                          All the members reserved seats in the Bob O’Reilly stand. Chookpen on the concourse only, no chookpen undercover.
                          Day games sun in the eyes all day. Terrible seating plan.
                          Looking at the proposed seating map the Brewongle, the Clive Churchill and the Victor Trumper stands not allocated for members.
                          A lot of members are not going to be happy. I guess visitors get the best available seating in those stands at an inflated price.
                          The club is not taking care of the members who support them every week. Very disappointing.
                          Loved Bob O'Reilly in his days with us, but there might be a merging of the Bill O'Reilly Stand and the old Bob Stand.

Agree with the posts re the SCG and its suitability for watching league and also sitting in the sun.

I expect there are existing agreements with the SCG Trust and our headquarters, etc and other clubs at other grounds, but to be honest I would have preferred us to have investigated options such as Hensen Park - North Sydney Oval - Concord Oval and a possible country game at Bathurst and a tour of the suburbs and Sydney's League history as the only club to have participated in the competition at grounds of our historic opposition like Earl Park (St. George), Pratten Park (Wests), etc for games like the Cowboys and Gold Coast.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post
                            I still cannot see why we have to spend billions building a new stadium here + our at Homebush.

Stuart Ayre will probably lose his seat in the next election when the Libs are bundled out of office and the whole thing will just become a messy, failed vote buying expedition.

PS - I still think we should play at ES Marks.
                            Actually i don't think it is completely ridiculous some of the stadium investment should have also gone into the second tier sporting facilities.

Comment

Originally posted by Frozen Chook View Post

Loved Bob O'Reilly in his days with us, but there might be a merging of the Bill O'Reilly Stand and the old Bob Stand.

Agree with the posts re the SCG and its suitability for watching league and also sitting in the sun.

I expect there are existing agreements with the SCG Trust and our headquarters, etc and other clubs at other grounds, but to be honest I would have preferred us to have investigated options such as Hensen Park - North Sydney Oval - Concord Oval and a possible country game at Bathurst and a tour of the suburbs and Sydney's League history as the only club to have participated in the competition at grounds of our historic opposition like Earl Park (St. George), Pratten Park (Wests), etc for games like the Cowboys and Gold Coast.
                              My mistake. Bill O’Reilly stand!

Comment

Working...
                              X