Garth Brennan gets a tuggie from Bernard Sutton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maxy Walker View Post
    He clearly raked it towards himself off the goalpost, obvious knock on. Sutton is just stating the obvious, they got it wrong.

Who cares though, we won. Swings and roundabouts after the dragons one against us on Anzac Day.

The thing is, it wasn't clear or obvious to me he knocked on, in fact I can't see any way he knocked on. Nor was it clear to the match officials, or Trent Robinson.

You may be right. I am very prepared to admit that at the very least it was a matter of opinion.

But I am certain there were many other instances of clearer errors made by match officials in all the games on the weekend. But Bernard dwelled on this one decision and demoted the young ref who had a pretty good game. That's poor leadership.

But you're right, who cares, we won.

I just felt like calling out Bernard, who is at best one very weird individual. And the whinging sook Titans coach who elected to dwell on an unfavourable call rather than the fact his team couldn't beat our reserve grade side.

Comment

Yeah, Brennan complained about a possible forward pass from Baptiste, but what about the pathetic attempt at a tackle from the Titans player on Farmer that followed it? Still, you've got to feel some sympathy for him. That game was kind of their GF - it is now pretty much impossible for them to make the semis.

Comment

The funny thing that old mate Bernie didnt acknowledge is that it was a proper professional foul coming off a line break. Wallace never attempted to get onside and without him SOS gets over untouched.

Comment

For the record, the pass was a metre forward from Baptiste.
          Embrace the Hate! JC

Comment

Ha.. Tuggie!
            Nice one, P1
            ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

How many fair tries have we had disallowed over the years? Let's talk about them.

Comment

Don't the NRL own the Titans? Coach Brennan is a sook and a disgrace.
                Last edited by The Sack; 07-18-2018, 10:56 AM.
                Sickie Lame .... King of Bestiality

Comment

ok we knocked on. they stripped the ball first , it went forward. our scrum feed 20 out. we score. same result.

funny how Sutton said in his first release "we got the sos try wrong but nothing else to answer to for that game. (referring to the flat pass to Farmersilli). and yet Brennan says Sutton admitted the pass was forward in their conversation.
                  1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

Originally posted by The Skeez View Post
                    Ha.. Tuggie!
                    Nice one, P1
                    Isn't Wristy the correct term?

Comment

The Suttons are halfwits of very dubious character.

Garth Brennan on the other hand is actually a terrific bloke, he is doing what many expect a coach to do
                      The Internet is a place for posting silly things
                      Try and be serious and you will look stupid
                      sigpic

Comment

Funny how Bernie didn't come out and say the Storm were offside & Billy not square at marker and we should have got a penalty to win the game.

We're heating up so look for the anti Roosters rhetoric to increase.

Comment

Sutton made a dick of him self and a few scribes and ex refs have paid him out ...look at the rules for balls off the post and its a try ..that what the vid ref done. .end of story for me . ball come off post not another roosters player. Look it up like I did and you will see .For the record i thought no try as well .Till i read it
                          Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Originally posted by The Brain View Post
                            Sutton made a dick of him self and a few scribes and ex refs have paid him out ...look at the rules for balls off the post and its a try ..that what the vid ref done. .end of story for me . ball come off post not another roosters player. Look it up like I did and you will see .For the record i thought no try as well .Till i read it
                            Yeah, www.theroar.com.au has an article on it.

Bernie - you should resign!

Who referees the referee who referees the referees?!

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                              Funny how Bernie didn't come out and say the Storm were offside & Billy not square at marker and we should have got a penalty to win the game.

We're heating up so look for the anti Roosters rhetoric to increase.
                              And the fact that their only try was an obstruction.

Or that Napa shouldn't have been penalised (let alone binned) against Brisbane.

At least they said the Nightingale try on Anzac Day was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post

And the fact that their only try was an obstruction.

Or that Napa shouldn't have been penalised (let alone binned) against Brisbane.

At least they said the Nightingale try on Anzac Day was wrong.
                                Why would they say it was an obstruction, when not even our players thought it was? Maybe our players don’t actually know the rules either.

Comment

Working...
                                X