No announcement yet.

Ryan Hall?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have just read a couple of articles in English newspapers from overnight and they are reporting the Ryan Hall has rejected an offer from Leeds for next year. They state that he will be leaving the club at seasons end to take up an offer from an NRL club. Guess thatís us!

Comment

I suspect Ryan Hall will sign a minimum 2 year deal,doubt he comes all the way here for 1 year..

Comment

Hall is a proven performer for England knows how to score a try the only concern might be age but if he is coming here for the right reasons welcome to the club!.

Comment

Originally posted by rozza View Post
          Hall is a proven performer for England knows how to score a try the only concern might be age but if he is coming here for the right reasons welcome to the club!.
          It sounds to me like he has achieved everything he possibly could in his career in England and he is coming over to scratch an itch to see whether he can cut it in the best competition with a side that is a genuine premiership contender and he will be on the end of one of the best backlines in the comp. I'd imagine Uncle Nick will find him some nice lodgings in the Eastern suburbs during his stay near the beaches, so in answering your question yes I do think he will be coming for the right reasons.

Comment

Well nrl.com 2hrs ago said his deal with the roosters is Ďall but over the line.í I donít mind the prospect of him joining our club. He is solidly built, and he always manages to score at least 1 try in every test Iíve seen him play in...why not?

Comment

For 500k I would of kept Fergo. Hall has been a great finisher in Super league but we all know there is only three or four good games played in super league each week and the rest is an ISP level competition. Hall would not have experienced the rigors of a week to week tough competition like NRL. Every game in the NRL is like a match played between the competition leaders in super league. Plus he is on the wrong side of 30.

Comment

I hope not .5 years too late for my money he will now be way too slow for NRL.
                Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Michael Gordon is 34, and Brett Mullins was 30 or so when he came to us also.
                  Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

Comment

Originally posted by Salvatori Grubber View Post
                    Michael Gordon is 34, and Brett Mullins was 30 or so when he came to us also.
                    True. But Gordon was a first class goal kicker & experienced NRL fullback to help organise the defensive line. Mullins was a proven NRL rep player. This guy is unproven at this level and has a massive frame, hope he can turn quickly for kicks behind the line etc. In saying that Im happy for the club to take a punt on him, doubt he is on massive coin by todays standards

Comment

I guess the only thing im worried about is not so much Hall's age, but if he can cope in arguably a tougher, more defense-pro competition which is the NRL.

Comment

justin carney look a like
                        1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2017

Comment

Ask Billy Slater about him...Ö

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8asYn_MxGE

Comment

Originally posted by MurrayHewitt View Post
                            I posted this on the Fergo thread but i thought it might be relevant to some who dont know.
                            íAs someone born and raised in leeds who now lives in new zealand, i can comment on what you will get out of Ryan Hall and that is meters and tries.

His meters made this season is the top per game of any player in super league, forward or back. Ive never seen him drop a ball clean and at 6 foot and 17 stone and lightning, he is a freak.
                            Don't think Joe Burgess, for god sake there is no comparrison. Joe Burgess was on the end of moves for a scintilating wigan side.
                            Ryan carries leeds forward every game. Honestly the Roosters are onto a winner here. Mark my words, weíve got a rare good English back here and any who thinks heís here for a holiday will be proved very wrong.
                            Thanks for the clarification Murray. I've seen Hall play a bit too and yes totally different, and far more suited to the Aussie game, than Joe Burgess. Much more like Bill Boston and likely to motor over the top of an opponent. Hall does have really good hands and a great sense of balance along that touchline. Has scored some amazing tries. The one where Slater hit him with a full body shoulder charge and Hall still managed to get the ball down was MAGIC!

I think he has virtually averaged a try a game for the British Lions and he has played for them often enough. Saw him score a long distance try earlier this season, so he still has retained his pace. It's only a matter of him adapting to the harder Australian grounds and the relentless pressure of the NRL season. But he's the same weight as Fergo, just a bit stockier in build and probably just as quick. I hope he goes well and could become a Roosters club favourite.

Comment

Originally posted by roosterproud View Post
                              justin carney look a like
                              yep, the disgraced Keg on Legs.
                              He didnt do much for us did he. Can root though

Get out of the way, I'm next

Comment

Sounds like it must be done as he has been freed to go
                                Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Working...
                                X