X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamayne Isaako

Fingers Crossed

https://wwos.nine.com.au/2018/07/09/...jamayne-isaako

The Sydney Roosters are reportedly “very keen” on signing rising star Jamayne Isaako from the Brisbane Broncos ahead of next season.

Speaking on 100% Footy, Neil Breen revealed the bombshell as the Roosters move to secure the blossoming winger.

“The roosters are very, very keen on Jamayne Isaako,” Breen said.

“He’s a goal kicking winger, he does the business.”

I swear they must read the forums, everv plsyer we talk about gets linked. I like him, but if we have good enough tough would rather use that

Comment

I would love to be wrong but I think it’s a bit of a pipe dream.

Comment

I think it's a good chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
          I think it's a good chance.
          It’s seeming that way..
          Also when Fergo signed with Parra last week you get the feeling Nick had a plan already hatched,that’s how he operates..
          Fingers crossed it’s this kid!

Comment

Originally posted by Lydon View Post
            It’s seeming that way..
            Also when Fergo signed with Parra last week you get the feeling Nick had a plan already hatched,that’s how he operates..
            Fingers crossed it’s this kid!
            I don't think they are related.

We wanted to keep Fergo but simply couldn't match Parra's offer.

But no doubt he was a plan B if that happened.

Comment

If there was a signing to make up for Fergo's loss, this would be it!

Comment

Surely Jamayne would be asking for the same if not more money than what Fergo got at Parra. If we couldn’t match that offer for Fergo, how could we now come up with the money for Jamayne?

Comment

I would say he will stay at the Bronco's so the Chooks will need to either fill the role internally or go to the market place - only winger really available in the market of any stature would be Brett Morris - His Twin Josh signed a 2 year deal with the Sharks.

Comment

I think not locking down Ferguo was a mistake., besides Jamayne and missing out on Mansour (who I think is a bit over-rated) there aren't many viable options out on the market. He's been tearing the house down this season but probably decided to play solid now due to him gunning for a new contract or interest from elsewhere.

Comment

It’s reported Robbo was seen in Brisbane last week meeting with Isaako,seems like we’re going all out to get him..

I worry about signing young Broncos due to the home sickness issue (ala Hodges) but this kid is worth the risk..

Comment

Originally posted by Lydon View Post
                        It’s reported Robbo was seen in Brisbane last week meeting with Isaako,seems like we’re going all out to get him..

I worry about signing young Broncos due to the home sickness issue (ala Hodges) but this kid is worth the risk..
                        He isn't from Brisbane so home sickness shouldn't be an issue. He played Under 20's for the Sharks and would be a great signing if we could get him, don't see it happening though

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post
                          I would say he will stay at the Bronco's so the Chooks will need to either fill the role internally or go to the market place - only winger really available in the market of any stature would be Brett Morris - His Twin Josh signed a 2 year deal with the Sharks.
                          Or Corey Oates, which I do rate but he doesnt want to play wing anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by DP1990 View Post
                            I think not locking down Ferguo was a mistake., besides Jamayne and missing out on Mansour (who I think is a bit over-rated) there aren't many viable options out on the market. He's been tearing the house down this season but probably decided to play solid now due to him gunning for a new contract or interest from elsewhere.
                            Thank god we did not get Mansour. Good player but he plays 6 games a year, would of rathered Fergo over both of them any day.
                            But Fergo had a bigger and longer offer from Parra so we cant really blame him, he declined other teams long term offers last year to sign a cheap 1 year deal with us to show his loyalty for sticking by him and bringing him back into the NRL.. One of my favorite players, will be sad to see him go but I'm happy he gets to ride off into the sunset with his nice contract and not have to worry about winning at Parra

Comment

It wasn't money that was the issue. We apparently only offered Fergo another 1 year deal, and he wanted the security of a longer contract. I think that's understandable from his perspective, but not without risk for the club, given his history.

Comment

Working...
                              X