X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dice View Post
    Cronk may play on for the three-peat

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...04e62968ad2d94
    While it is encouraging that he didn't rule out playing again, his answer was really more like "I don't want to think about that now". I reckon he could probably play in his 37th year, and another million bucks in his bank account would be a nice incentive, but don't count on it.

Comment

• Right now there is no half back in the comp we would want more than Cooper but by 2020 there will probably be a new star out there and we’ll get him to break his contract and join us. It’s how contracts work these days.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spirit of 66 View Post

While it is encouraging that he didn't rule out playing again, his answer was really more like "I don't want to think about that now". I reckon he could probably play in his 37th year, and another million bucks in his bank account would be a nice incentive, but don't count on it.
        Yeah, sound like it's not a question he's thinking about atm. Don't count on it, but don't rule it out either.

Comment

• I think L Lam needs some time still, but has the potential to be what we need. good kid with a good head on his shoulders.
          Munster should never ever be allowed at this club. Our success is built on character and that dick has none
          The Internet is a place for posting silly things
          Try and be serious and you will look stupid
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Kingbilly View Post
            I think L Lam needs some time still, but has the potential to be what we need. good kid with a good head on his shoulders.
            Munster should never ever be allowed at this club. Our success is built on character and that dick has none
            I remember people saying that about Fergo........................
            Carney.................................

Comment

• Originally posted by Kelby View Post

I remember people saying that about Fergo........................
              Carney.................................
              Fergo... Robbo basically simplified the fark out of his game to minimise his percentage of dropped balls per game. He's so tall, athletic and instinctive that this worked wonders.

Carney... complete opposite. Smiffy had NFI and the team was pretty shyte so it was like 'just do your shyte Toddie!!!' He did. My regret with him is that he got sacked for such a nothing 'offence'.

Munster... I just think he's a spoiled, hot headed juvenile. Of all the things you can do, you do NOT intentionally boot a guy in the fukking head!!! He's lucky Manu didn't come out of it with a serious head injury because he woulda been fukked if he did. Dead set wanka!!!

Whereas, Fergo and Carney are just piss heads. Okay Carney p!ssed on a team mate and completely destroyed Goulburn but say what you like... both played clean and were rarely (never?) suspended, penalised, sent off...etc for being douchebags on the field. Just saying - having a few crazy nights on the booze is different from being a grub. I never saw Carney or Fergo intentionally try to injure players or do any grubby/dog acts. There's certain players who do that kinda shyte and I'm glad we never seem to hire them.
              Last edited by ism22; 12-09-2018, 02:38 PM.

Comment

• Fergo is a simple man but not a bad bloke with the right company. Carney is apparently quite a likable fellow when sober. Both though are nothing like the filth Munster is and his type would not buy into what it means to be a Rooster.
                The Internet is a place for posting silly things
                Try and be serious and you will look stupid
                sigpic

Comment

• I reckon someone like Ash Taylor or some young and up and comer will take the spot or Keary goes to #7 and the Chooks find a new 5/8. Still not convinced with Lam as yet.

Comment

• I don’t think cooper should play past next year, I fear that he may end up a Thurston if he does. I wouldn’t mind seeing Ash Taylor replace him, I think under Robbo he can blossom into the star people say he will become
                    EASTS TO WIN!

Comment

• Originally posted by QWERTY View Post
                      I wouldn’t mind seeing Ash Taylor replace him, I think under Robbo he can blossom into the star people say he will become
                      I feel for players like Ash Taylor (who I haven’t seen enough of, yet don’t rate too highly from what I have seen)
                      They get elevated with praise too early and can be seen not to fulfill their promise.
                      It is generally brought on with the salary cap, trying to unearth a cheap, younger player before they’ve actually earned it.
                      The Johns boys are the worst at it, especially referring to halves.
                      ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

• Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

I don’t think Johns is at the club anymore.
                        Brooks signed an extension with Tigers a few days ago.
                        Yeah mate, I have since my original post found out Johns left, but thanks.

Who plays #7 in 2020 is anyones guess, but I think Keary could move to 7 which allows us to go after a young 5/8 like AJ Brimson or even someone like Zac Lomax who reminds me a bit of young Freddy.

However, if Cronk should want to go on another year in 2020 then I will be happy. I really am not sure about our Lambs.
                        Last edited by Parkway_Drive; 12-26-2018, 12:00 AM.
                        Originally posted by boogie

"There's a lot of people competing for title of dumbest chookpen member such as Tommy S, Rusty, Johnny, ROC, Tobin but without a doubt you are the worst, youre thick as a brick christ this is the dumbest thing I've read in a long time you should go back to supporting the panthers"

Comment

• Might have to have a look in the English League, apparently a couple of youngsters coming through that are worth a look.
                          Else Jackson Hastings will he mature, he had big wraps on him as a junior, it was a attitude issue for him.
                          At Manly it appeared as attitude but also for Manly to reduce their salary cap
                          Saw a recent podcast of him where he gets a chance to respond to the Manly/DCE fiasco and his regrets, that sheds some light about what happened in Qld.
                          He also just signed a year extension on his contract with Salford.
                          He might of been a problem child however if he has come good and can eat some humble pie, could be worth a look
                          And he has Rooster blood in his veins.

Comment

• Blake Austin will return :P

Comment

• Originally posted by ism22 View Post
                              Blake Austin will return :P
                              As long as he shaved that poofta goatee.

Comment

• Originally posted by "gaz" View Post
                                Might have to have a look in the English League, apparently a couple of youngsters coming through that are worth a look
                                Pick of the crop is Wigan's George Williams. He has indicated he also wants to test himself @ NRL level.
                                Top passing and kicking game.
                                Will be interesting to see how he performs against us on home soil in the Club Challenge Feb 2019.

Comment

Working...
                                X