2020 Halfback..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 Halfback..

Given our current half is likely to retire next year, the 2020 halfback spot is open.

Watching PNG play with Lachlan Lam playing at 7 against senior international opposition, made me think we should bring up from within. He was solid with a tactical kicking game. Went well.

The other bloke who could step up is Sean O'Sullivan who gets a run for NSW residents at 5/8 in the Origin curtain raiser. Goes good.

The question is, do we sign an established half or promote a junior?

From what I’ve seen from Lam, he is worth sticking by in the long run. And if we need a father/son coach like some are touting, get Adrian in.
    ..it’ll be interesting to see

Originally posted by The Skeez View Post
    Given our current half is likely to retire next year, the 2020 halfback spot is open.

Watching PNG play with Lachlan Lam playing at 7 against senior international opposition, made me think we should bring up from within. He was solid with a tactical kicking game. Went well.

The other bloke who could step up is Sean O'Sullivan who gets a run for NSW residents at 5/8 in the Origin curtain raiser. Goes good.

From what I’ve seen from Lam, he is worth sticking by in the long run. And if we need a father/son coach like some are touting, get Adrian in.
    I liked what I saw from Lam yesterday and he has Cronk to teach him. I think we promote a junior.

Comment

Young Lam is a definite option, Cronk hopefully is working with him already if that is the case.

Comment

Lam reminds me a lot of Keary, as he's very quick footed. As he continues to learn to take the line on he'll develop well. The fact that the Roosters have promoted O'Sullivan to Wyong is a good sign for him and he's been very solid

However, I feel as though our 'Plan A' would be to sign an established half due to the fact that we hold premiership expectations over the next few years with our current squad. We saw a couple years ago the effects of promoting young halves and even Melbourne with Croft hasn't worked out

Comment

The form out of those games last night has always proven to be as weak as piss

Comment

I'm with you on this. Give Lamb chops and son of O'Sullivan a shot.
            I think we get a good hooker instead as friendy will be past it. I like that katoa from penrith.

Comment

Originally posted by Easts75 View Post
              The form out of those games last night has always proven to be as weak as piss
              Disagree, this was a chance to mix it in a game with NRL standard opposition and not only be competent but help guide his side to victory as underdogs off a short preparation. Played strong.

..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Disagree, this was a chance to mix it in a game with NRL standard opposition and not only be competent but help guide his side to victory as underdogs off a short preparation. Played strong.
                Correct mate,he played well against NRL standard players..
                I’m happy for the Club to persist with Lammy/O’sullivan Instead of paying overs for a timid Cleary whom needs plenty of time to justify the price tag..

Comment

i prefer promoting from within, it would just show how good the roosters are at developing players as we can have him lead around latrell, manu, radley, butcher and maybe another winger. another core group that can serve us well for next 8 years or so

Comment

Unless Lam or O’Sullivan do something incredible we will be in the market for a big name.

Comment

I'd be making a play for cleary, he is the half who will be guiding the blues around for the next 5 years at least if he is injury free. Bellamy has shown you put your money into a quality spine and build around that. He even got rid of inglis who along with meninga is the best outside back I've seen to keep the spine together.

Comment

at least train those two in the fg squad? perhaps one might end up being hooker?

Comment

Seen a lot of Lan and O'Sullivan and don't think either are first grade material. We need to look elsewhere.

Comment

When is Ash Taylor's contract up???
                            Originally posted by Bondi Boy

Pathetic!
                            What a rabble we are.

Oh well, maybe next year

Comment

Didnt see the game but apparently young Sull got motm in the Residents curtain raiser.

Comment

Working...
                              X