What if

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if

Imagine we used that Cronk money to bring back Maloney this year instead and had a combo of Keary/Maloney. Dont see why it was not considered seeing as probably one of our biggest mistakes since 2000 was not resigning Maloney to that 3 year contract he wanted. He's younger then Cronk, goal kicker, can game manage, better runner of the ball, great player all around and definitely the Australian 5/8 this season. Penrith are reaping the rewards of signing him. I just knew he would take Penrith to the next level with him around.. he always seems to bring the success with him. Great player and served us well during his stint

Will be a great battle of the halves this weekend, CANNOT WAIT

Not taking a shot at Cronk in any way. Just trying to get the forum talking and kill some time at work on a slow day
    Last edited by David Bill Williams; 06-14-2018, 12:25 PM.

This season still has a lot of twists and turns to come!
    What if Cronk delivers us a Premiership this AND next season?
    As we all know, hindsight is 20/20, so just sit back and enjoy the ride!!

Comment

Stop living in the past mate.

Comment

Why would you want Keary and Maloney together? Keary is basically the lite-version of Maloney.

What if our club wasnít stupid enough to dump Maloney for Hastings.

Comment

What if your aunt had balls?

Comment

Originally posted by 200 IQ View Post
            Why would you want Keary and Maloney together? Keary is basically the lite-version of Maloney.

What if our club wasnít stupid enough to dump Maloney for Hastings.
            How so? Keary's running game is better, Maloney's kicking game is better, Maloney's ball playing is better, Maloney is a goal kicker.
            The only thing similar is the primary position they play .

But yes agree to your second statement

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post
              What if your aunt had balls?
              Then you'd be married to her xD

Comment

What if C A T really spelled Dog?

I donít believe any other sides were a shot at getting him as he was a swap deal for Moylan so no matter what dollars may have been thrown around, it wouldnít have happened.
                I love porcelain hand dryers.

Comment

What is the issue with Cronk?

He is not the reason we lead the comp in Errors, Ineffective Tackles and Handling Errors ....

Though Cronk does lead the comp in kick metres and total kicks...

Comment

Originally posted by David Bill Williams View Post

Then you'd be married to her xD
                    Stranger things have happened lol ...

Comment

Originally posted by Monaco's Fan Club View Post
                      What is the issue with Cronk?

He is not the reason we lead the comp in Errors, Ineffective Tackles and Handling Errors ....

Though Cronk does lead the comp in kick metres and total kicks...
                      The way I interpret that second stat is that weíre overeliant on him for last tackle plays, at the expense of Keary.

In fact this overeliance may also be the reason for the first point you raise also.
                      Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

Comment

Imagine we used that Cronk money to bring back Maloney this year instead and had a combo of Keary/Maloney. Dont see why it was not considered seeing as probably one of our biggest mistakes since 2000 was not resigning Maloney to that 3 year contract he wanted. He's younger then Cronk, goal kicker, can game manage, better runner of the ball, great player all around and definitely the Australian 5/8 this season. Penrith are reaping the rewards of signing him. I just knew he would take Penrith to the next level with him around.. he always seems to bring the success with him. Great player and served us well during his stint

Will be a great battle of the halves this weekend, CANNOT WAIT

Not taking a shot at Cronk in any way. Just trying to get the forum talking and kill some time at work on a slow day
                        Keary's in the worst form of his rooster career and i think Maloney will run rings around him. I don't think our halves are any match for Penrith's. We may be in for a footballing lesson.

Comment

Originally posted by roosterchook View Post

Keary's in the worst form of his rooster career and i think Maloney will run rings around him. I don't think our halves are any match for Penrith's. We may be in for a footballing lesson.
                          I'm not exactly confident myself as were yet to see a truly dominant performance from our side against a top 4 team. I have hope though

Comment

How so? Keary's running game is better, Maloney's kicking game is better, Maloney's ball playing is better, Maloney is a goal kicker.
                            The only thing similar is the primary position they play .

But yes agree to your second statement
                            I donít think any part of Kearyís game is superior to Maloney when they are in full flight although that will probably change moving forward from this season since age will catch up to Jimmy.

Maloney does everything Keary does but better and he does something very good that Keary doesnít do at all which is goal kicking. Letting Jimmy go is definitely in the top 3 dumbest recruitment and retention decisions Iíve ever seen from this club.

Comment

What if SBW comes back "somehow" within the next few weeks after his Rugby Union stint and the Roosters pick-up form, Keary + Cronk start firing and all of our forwards start raging !?

Just imagine... what if !

Comment

Working...
                              X