Greenburg - NRL to end nit-picking penalty blitz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greenburg - NRL to end nit-picking penalty blitz

Though I suspect that the Roosters' nits will still prove to be irresistible to the referees.

​​​​​​https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/06/12/...lty-crackdown/

Just another fluff piece from the NRL hierarchy. But they cannot admit that they have got something wrong. The refs boss Sutton has been very quiet recently. The NRL is the worst run organisation on the planet...

Comment

while also giving refs to discretion to sin bin when they want on foul play – even if the victim is able to continue.
      https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/06/12/...es-to-sin-bin/

Refs need to understand they aren't the centre of attention

Comment

That bullshit sin bin against Napa for "foul play" cost us that game and shall forever live in infamy.

Comment

Game managers will still blitz us.

Comment

Does stopping the nitpicking mean that Gerard Sutton and Cummings have been given the green light to stop awarding any penalties to the Roosters?

Comment

We've got Cummins this week so that'll be very interesting. I also think he's a Penrith supporter as I went to a juniors carnival a few years back and he was decked out in Panthers gear

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post
                Does stopping the nitpicking mean that Gerard Sutton and Cummings have been given the green light to stop awarding any penalties to the Roosters?
                Yep, that's what it means.

Todd, I feel, suffers from that affliction that many not so bright people suffer from - namely, he's not smart enough to know there are many things he doesn't know.

If you look at his education his qualifications are very underwhelming. But like many dull, single minded dolts, he has overachieved in his career, unencumbered by the self-doubt or ambivalence common in more intelligent people who realise they don't know everything and have limitations.

Comment

Are there any other sports in the world that not only have yearly rule changes but halfway through the season they go back on these changes? It's the same thing with the NRL year after the year they start the season clamping down on some 'issue' because some idiot at channel 9 crapped on about it for weeks at a time, they realise it's shit and ruins game then when this crackdown has already decided matches for half of the competition season they go back on it.

I don't think it would be a stretch to say that the NRL is run as poorly as you could possibly imagine for an elite, top level sporting competition. I don't follow the European or American sports so I would be interested to see if the EPL, NFL etc do the same thing

Comment

It will be interesting to see if fewer penalties will speed up the game and if this will affect the performance of some teams. I read that games this year have had up to 10 minutes more stoppages. This would be valuable recuperation time for teams with bigger forward packs.

Comment

Originally posted by 200 IQ View Post
                      Are there any other sports in the world that not only have yearly rule changes but halfway through the season they go back on these changes? It's the same thing with the NRL year after the year they start the season clamping down on some 'issue' because some idiot at channel 9 crapped on about it for weeks at a time, they realise it's shit and ruins game then when this crackdown has already decided matches for half of the competition season they go back on it.

I don't think it would be a stretch to say that the NRL is run as poorly as you could possibly imagine for an elite, top level sporting competition. I don't follow the European or American sports so I would be interested to see if the EPL, NFL etc do the same thing
                      Say what you will about Sepp Blatter, he has a degree in economics and business. Greenberg completed a sports science degree.

Comment

Originally posted by crikey chris View Post
                        Just another fluff piece from the NRL hierarchy. But they cannot admit that they have got something wrong. The refs boss Sutton has been very quiet recently. The NRL is the worst run organisation on the planet...
                        Cricket Australia must be close!

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit of 66 View Post
                          It will be interesting to see if fewer penalties will speed up the game and if this will affect the performance of some teams. I read that games this year have had up to 10 minutes more stoppages. This would be valuable recuperation time for teams with bigger forward packs.
                          This will help those who wrestle (Storm and wabbitohs) more than other teams.

Comment

Originally posted by 200 IQ View Post

I'm a sports junkie 200 and I follow a lot of different sports and there is nothing that i watch that is officiated with anywhere near the incompetence or bias like the nrl.
                            The point you make about changing rules halfway through a season is ridiculous. The latest one about not passing into the player in the ruck has good intentions yet the other day Mccinnes got penalised because Josh Jackson stayed on his knees and was between the passer and the kicker on the last tackle . The refs have no feel for the game it's become a joke. No wonder people like sterlo are saying its turning them off the game.
                            If Cummings is the main ref against the panthers we are hundreds to win

Comment

Most teams will benefit from the edict, but we will still get fu0ked over by the bunker.

Comment

Working...
                              X