Melbourne verses Roosters 2017 /2018 form comparison

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Melbourne verses Roosters 2017 /2018 form comparison

So at the half way point in the season ,round 14, how do the 2017 and 2018 teams form and personnel compare?

Round 14 Melbourne 2017 first on 24 points +106 points differential

Round 14 Melbourne 2018 sixth on 18 points +88 points differential

Round 14 Roosters 2017 second on 20 points +82 points differential , 4 losses upto round 14

Round 14 Roosters 2018 sixth on 18 points +70 points differential, 5 losses upto round 14

Melbourne player losses Tohu Harris and Cronk, whilst Roosters losses Pearce, Guerra, Watson…SKD already mostly absent !

The washup ? Roosters 2018 version very similar to-date to our 2017 version, and Storm have gone backwards more so ! Oh and the Roosters beat the Tigers 40-18 in round 14 ,2017 with Pearce, Guerra and Watson scoring 2 tries each! A work in progress certainly seems fair comment.

Great post mate. Interesting stats.
    Red, White and Bluesters!!!

Comment

Puts our performance this year in good perspective when you put it that way. We're well placed if good enough. No reason to think we can't push for a top four position if we can improve our attack.

Comment

Another interesting stat is the fact that no team has ever won a premiership in June.

Comment

Good call Eddie, each week they mention who the new premiership favourite is because some team has strung a few good performances together .
          The comp doesn't start till after origin just like a golf major doesn't start until the back nine on a Sunday. Form, injuries, suspensions and clowns playing up all have a huge bearing on winning a title , it's a long road that doesn't have a twist.

Comment

Originally posted by gragra View Post
            So at the half way point in the season ,round 14, how do the 2017 and 2018 teams form and personnel compare?

Round 14 Melbourne 2017 first on 24 points +106 points differential

Round 14 Melbourne 2018 sixth on 18 points +88 points differential

Round 14 Roosters 2017 second on 20 points +82 points differential , 4 losses upto round 14

Round 14 Roosters 2018 sixth on 18 points +70 points differential, 5 losses upto round 14

Melbourne player losses Tohu Harris and Cronk, whilst Roosters losses Pearce, Guerra, Watson…SKD already mostly absent !

The washup ? Roosters 2018 version very similar to-date to our 2017 version, and Storm have gone backwards more so ! Oh and the Roosters beat the Tigers 40-18 in round 14 ,2017 with Pearce, Guerra and Watson scoring 2 tries each! A work in progress certainly seems fair comment.
            I wonder if Melbourne will sack their coach?
            "Originally posted by Elvis Rooster"
            So while most of us were getting excited about the start of the season our resident Junkie Jim the Jailbird, the guy who would like to break into your house and steal your tv and toaster, Mickey Lane is at it again. Here is his latest beauty.
            ​"Do you want white or wholemeal toast?"
            I tell you guys this is one sick son of a bitch;

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Brass View Post
              Good call Eddie, each week they mention who the new premiership favourite is because some team has strung a few good performances together .
              The comp doesn't start till after origin just like a golf major doesn't start until the back nine on a Sunday. Form, injuries, suspensions and clowns playing up all have a huge bearing on winning a title , it's a long road that doesn't have a twist.
              Robbo is a master of timing. I think we will be firing when it matters.

Comment

are we without origin stars for this game? im sure cronk will be putting in a big effort? after just beating the riff this week that gaming will be the kick on we need to maintain our position in the 4 !

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post

Robbo is a master of timing. I think we will be firing when it matters.
                  except for prelim finals

Comment

Originally posted by fletch View Post

except for prelim finals
                    Yes, there is that.....

Comment

How about the Cowboys? They made the GF last year and this year they have JT and Scott added to the teamthis year, and where are they now?

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

I wonder if Melbourne will sack their coach?
                        I haven't checked their forum, but I bet there are 3 or 4 threads debating that very scenario. Plus a couple of threads on how Smith and Slater can't play.

Comment

Working...
                        X