• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hedger's Heroes and Zeros - Rd 14 vs Knights

1. Teddy 7.5
    2. Tupou 6
    3. Latrell 7.5
    4. Manu 4 - Zero of the Week. He's had plenty of chances but still not good enough
    5. Fergo 8 - Hero of the Week
    6. Keary 7
    7. Cronk 5.5 - All his attacking kicks were 5m too shallow
    8. JWH 7
    9. Friend 7
    12 SST 7.5
    16. Aubo 6.5
    17. Victor 7.5
    13. Liu 7

10. Napa 4
    14. Tetevano 7.5
    15. Baptiste N/A
    18. Butcher 6

Robbo 6. We're winning but only just and against average teams. Penrith next week will be a big one and will show the true character of our team

My zero of the week is Baptiste........zero minutes.........
    Originally posted by Bondi Boy

Pathetic!
    What a rabble we are.

Oh well, maybe next year

Comment

Originally posted by 4 the all in brawl View Post
      He didn't do anything wrong though!

Comment

What does Aubo get 6.5 for? He's a passenger and in my opinion his time is up

Comment

Originally posted by BenCumminsIsACheat View Post
          I think Manu is worse.

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post

I think Manu is worse.
            I had high hopes for him but he's not up to scratch at centre yet. He's solid on the wing but can't see him taking the job off Fergo or Tupou. Maybe a Manu and Fergo switch could work? We saw last week what Fergo can do with some extra ball and more running room

Comment

He didn't do anything wrong though!
              Lol agree but Trent gave him a zero.......as in playing time....
              Originally posted by Bondi Boy

Pathetic!
              What a rabble we are.

Oh well, maybe next year

Comment

Chooks never behind at any stage but that performance wont put fear into other premiership contenders nor confidence in those who think the Chooks are a premiership chance.

Attack

Started well with a try in the first few minutes then went down hill after that - the return of the kick as one of the main scoring options is a major worry- Surely they have more options up their sleave which they will unleash soon as that attack wont cut the mustard against better sides.

Roosters a 3 out of 10 in attack

Defence

The only thing keeping the Chooks in games with such a dysfunctional attack - Wasn't bad tonight but will it keep pace with teams with better attacks - next 2 games and rest of season will tell if it is. Same issues with poor defence reads and conceding penalties - same as all season

Roosters a 5 out of 10 in Defence.

Roosters an 8 out of 20 divided by 2

Roosters a 4 out of 10 tonight

Robbo - same issues every game which need to be addressed in both attack/defence/discipline etc - still playing below par and his bench selections continue to baffle people - 17th player in Baptiste no minutes -is he the new Watson?? - hopefully the Rolls Royce glovebox has the plans for premiership success- Robbo just needs to find the keys to it.

Robbo a 4 out of 10 - a lot of work to do by the coaching staff starting this week against the Penriff Panfers who will play a very up tempo game in both attack and defence for sure - this will be the start of the big test in whether the Chooks are premiership contenders as the jury is still out on this.

Comment

Look, you make a fair point but at least he’s prepared to do what’s best for the team - centre, second row, bench. He didn’t do too much wrong today, it’s just that he doesn’t add a lot. But compared to poor Matto, Aubo is SBW.

Comment

Originally posted by Grant Hedger View Post

Look, you make a fair point but at least he’s prepared to do what’s best for the team - centre, second row, bench. He didn’t do too much wrong today, it’s just that he doesn’t add a lot. But compared to poor Matto, Aubo is SBW.
                    Matto is a good player -need to use his passing/offload skills more than just being a battering ram in attack. Not sure why people bag Matto - Sterlo was quoted as saying he was the best up and coming half in the game and was filthy Parra let him go - Now he's playing backrow those half back skills should be utilised more in a forward sense - Chooks forwards need to pass/offload more and or be trained to do so - the attack is way too predictable otherwise and they rely way too much on the kick for tries.

Comment

Originally posted by Grant Hedger View Post

I'll give you that one about Matterson. Glad he's gone so Radley and Butcher get more of a go

Comment

I'll give you that one about Matterson. Glad he's gone so Radley and Butcher get more of a go
                        Matto will be back in the team for sure

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

Matto is a good player -need to use his passing/offload skills more than just being a battering ram in attack. Not sure why people bag Matto - Sterlo was quoted as saying he was the best up and coming half in the game and was filthy Parra let him go - Now he's playing backrow those half back skills should be utilised more in a forward sense - Chooks forwards need to pass/offload more and or be trained to do so - the attack is way too predictable otherwise and they rely way too much on the kick for tries.
                          When he played those few games at 5/8 for us a couple years ago he had the worst hands. Couldn't catch the ball at all.

We definitely rely far too much on scoring on kicks though. It looks like when we're in the attacking 20 we're content with 5 hit-ups then a cross-field kick. A little bit of creativity would do a world of difference with guys like SST, Liu, Cordner, Fergo, Teddy and Latrell running through hard

Comment

Hedger ~ 4.5

Comment

Originally posted by 4 the all in brawl View Post
                              If we are going to play Robbo football every week which is one out Forwards up the middle then why does the the genius coach still keep picking Baptiste?
                              Radley can go to dummy half if Jake needs a spell and you can have 4 forwards on the bench to play boring Robbo ball.

Comment

Working...
                              X