next two games should provide a nice reality check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• next two games should provide a nice reality check

despite winning 5 of the last 6, I suspect the next two games against the Panthers and Storm will give us a big reality check into just how far we are away from winning a premiership.

no idea how 14 weeks into the competition how our attack can still look so pedestrian, something needs to change in the offseason, if it is indeed Jason Taylor handling the attack he needs to go.

if we can't clear the roadblock between our halves and centres we are going to crash out early in the finals as we simply won't have to points in us to trouble any half decent team.
    Last edited by fletch; 06-09-2018, 08:29 PM.

If we don't find something in attack Penrith will bash us. And LM has gotta stop running outa the defensive line.
    Embrace the Hate! JC

Comment

I'm over the moon that Latrell is actually doing the occasional hit up.

Comment

Poor JT has got a limited dummy half and an over the hill halfback to work with at the moment.

He's got enough runs on the board to justify his position, time to start asking some questions elsewhere.

Comment

I can’t wait for the next game. Will be season-defining one way or the other.

Comment

Originally posted by Monaco's Fan Club View Post
            I'm over the moon that Latrell is actually doing the occasional hit up.
            sadly that is how he gets 90% of his touches now, would be nice if we actually gave him some early ball occasionally.

Comment

We will lift for Penrith and play our A game,I have no doubt about that..

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
                Poor JT has got a limited dummy half and an over the hill halfback to work with at the moment.

He's got enough runs on the board to justify his position, time to start asking some questions elsewhere.
                explain why 5 out of every 6 shifts we play the short ball to the second rower and not out the back or a face ball to the centre, that isn't the players, that is coming directly from the attacking structure the coaches have put into place.

Comment

Our execution is so bad, Penrith are a great defensive and offensive team. They have so many options and a 6 & 7 that seem to love playing together. The Cronk / Keary combo isn’t working, Keary is offering 100x more but he’s regularly overplaying his hand and making pretty simple errors. Cronk needs a rocket fired up him - his heart just doesn’t seem to be in it which is immensely disappointing. Jake is just far too slow to keep up with the premier 9s - will never bust the line. We need a proper utility who is quick and will give us acceleration through the middle in the back end of the halves. Radley is definitely our long term number 13 - I don’t think baptise is fast enough.

we’ve seen what tedesco and Mitchell can do on the biggest centre stages . Our issues lie with the 7 and the lack of proper utility to support jake in the last 15 mins of each half.

Comment

Originally posted by fletch View Post

explain why 5 out of every 6 shifts we play the short ball to the second rower and not out the back or a face ball to the centre, that isn't the players that is coming directly from the attacking structure the coaches have put into place.
                    I don't believe that to be true at all. To suggest the coaches are dictating the selection of every pass is ludicrous. Coaches will provide the structure we run with but it's up to the players to choose the right pass because they need to react to what's in front of them.

We used to be the team who were guilty of playing with too much width, for not keeping it straight and direct. Now we're the complete opposite, we're so limited in what we do that even our once notoriously brilliant left edge seems to be void of ideas and our right edge is just flat out non-existent. Do we have a right edge?

The tempo of our play is the key, we're too slow from pass 1 and 2 that by the time the ball reaches our edges the opposition aren't being forced into a defensive decision because they're already set.

Comment

Originally posted by fletch View Post

explain why 5 out of every 6 shifts we play the short ball to the second rower and not out the back or a face ball to the centre, that isn't the players, that is coming directly from the attacking structure the coaches have put into place.
                      That's right Fletch. It's obvious! Nothing to do with the players. Glad you can see this plainly. Too much Cronk bashing going on, along with Teddy etc. They are quality players playing stifling patterns. . We are scraping home on individual efforts ala Micthell and Fergo. Attacking structures are robotic. We are still playing the same moves we played against the Titans in game one 2017.

Comment

Originally posted by Red_Rooster View Post
                        Our execution is so bad, Penrith are a great defensive and offensive team. They have so many options and a 6 & 7 that seem to love playing together. The Cronk / Keary combo isn’t working, Keary is offering 100x more but he’s regularly overplaying his hand and making pretty simple errors. Cronk needs a rocket fired up him - his heart just doesn’t seem to be in it which is immensely disappointing. Jake is just far too slow to keep up with the premier 9s - will never bust the line. We need a proper utility who is quick and will give us acceleration through the middle in the back end of the halves. Radley is definitely our long term number 13 - I don’t think baptise is fast enough.

we’ve seen what tedesco and Mitchell can do on the biggest centre stages . Our issues lie with the 7 and the lack of proper utility to support jake in the last 15 mins of each half.
                        ABC Radio commentators had Cronk as second best on the field.

Glad to get that win under the belt, slippery conditions, away from home, with Origin players backing up (or left out).

Yeah, next week will give a good guage on how we're going.

Comment

I think we won the games expected of us but I don’t think we will win the next 2 games. Penrith halves and pack will flog us big time. Our halves combination are just not clicking. Until it does expect close heart attack wins against lesser teams and thrashing’s by top teams.
                          “Soon will the present day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead”- (Baha’u’llah)

Comment

Our pack should be able to compete with Penriths. Kikau is their most damaging player and he is injured.

Who should we fear, Merrin and Tamou?

Comment

I think we will beat Penrith.......
                              Originally posted by Bondi Boy

Pathetic!
                              What a rabble we are.

Oh well, maybe next year

Comment

Working...
                              X