• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post

Because my IQ is only 100.
    100 in dog years

Comment

It must be killing the Pearce fanboys that the Chooks are yet to hit their straps and we are just a win outside the top 4.

Also if Pearce only had their IQ.

Comment

From my pov, I don't think this is a Pearce v Cronk contest.
        Originally I wasn't in favour of signing Cooper, but we signed him. Nothing anybody can say here will change that. Everybody, including 'Pearce fanboys' would love it if Cooper leads us to a GF.
        Belittling Cooper's contribution seems a bit childish.

Comment

Originally posted by Lydon View Post
          I’m comfortable with Cronk at no.7,and do believe in the fact that our best is yet to come..
          At this stage it’s important we win the close games as at the backend of the season when we are playing our best footy we’ll be raring to go,and Cronk will be a major reason for our success!
          Big test this week will bring out the best in us,I have no doubt!
          This is kind of my frustration though, because I fall in the same boat as you. I think we're building well and I'm not calling for Cronk's head because I still have hope we will come good in the business end of the season and hopefully he will be that missing piece to take us to the next level.

But there seems to be a lot of denial around Cooper's current value to the team and an ultra defensiveness around criticising his performance. Now don't get me wrong there's some people out there laying some bait and trolling, like the author of this thread but on the counter there's people who just totally dismiss any criticism of Cronk by turning it into a Cronk Vs Pearce argument.

No one actually seems to want to discuss it and it seems like it's the huge elephant in the room.

We can analyse Jake Friend's game, James Tedesco's game, Robbo's game plans, Jason Taylor's game plans but as soon as it comes to analysing Cooper Cronk you're either a hater or a Pearce fanboy.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

This is kind of my frustration though, because I fall in the same boat as you. I think we're building well and I'm not calling for Cronk's head because I still have hope we will come good in the business end of the season and hopefully he will be that missing piece to take us to the next level.

But there seems to be a lot of denial around Cooper's current value to the team and an ultra defensiveness around criticising his performance. Now don't get me wrong there's some people out there laying some bait and trolling, like the author of this thread but on the counter there's people who just totally dismiss any criticism of Cronk by turning it into a Cronk Vs Pearce argument.

No one actually seems to want to discuss it and it seems like it's the huge elephant in the room.

We can analyse Jake Friend's game, James Tedesco's game, Robbo's game plans, Jason Taylor's game plans but as soon as it comes to analysing Cooper Cronk you're either a hater or a Pearce fanboy.
            Mate I hear your frustration and I do agree with you in regards to certain people dismissing any criticism of Cronk,but ultimately if certain people believe Cooper is adding value then who are you or I to convince them of otherwise?!?

Me personally I believe Cooper needs some time before we can throw him under the bus as I think he deserves similar latitude to what Mitchell was given,but by seasons end if we fail to challenge with this current squad I have no doubt Cooper will be in the firing line ala Mitchell..

It’s Cooper’s opportunity now to make it happen!

Comment

Probably nothing really in it, but I was talking with my old school mate Jason Hetherington the other day and he was saying Cronk wont be playing in 2019. Cronk told him that he isn't playing at the level he expects of himself.

What's our fall-back position?

Comment

Probably nothing in it really, but I had a long term fan of the Roosters in my cab yesterday who said Cooper was seriously considering playing on into 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post
                  Probably nothing in it really, but I had a long term fan of the Roosters in my cab yesterday who said Cooper was seriously considering playing on into 2020.
                  Wayne Leong? If not, they are full of it.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

Wayne Leong? If not, they are full of it.
                    If Wayne believed that, there'd already be a big banner saying so !

Comment

Penwiff will test us, as will the Rain. Actually sadly it's a lot like last year. A lot of very tight wins and losses. Any team can be dangerous on their day.
                      Last edited by PeeGee; 06-11-2018, 02:08 PM.
                      Roosters For Ever

Comment

The excuses for Cronk are just unreal. People have gone all in on kissing his arse for such a long period of time that they have no choice but to come up with some utterly ridiculous crap to save face.

"Wait until the finals he will come good"
                        "If Pearce was here then XYZ negative would have happened"
                        "He needs more time even though he's 35 and on a 2 year deal"
                        "Coaches fault"
                        "Hooker's fault"

Whilst every single player seems to be copping the shit with each new day (even Cordner isn't immune from the criticism) it seems like Cronk only gets put on a pedestal so that the majority can worship him and not only that but other players start copping the shit to be blamed for Cronk performing well under par.

He's done fk all this year. Someone mentioned that we've won a couple of close games in a row which is why we bought him. Umm, last week we survived thanks to a miracle try saving tackle from Tupou so how can that win be on Cronk? This week his craptacular failed kick for touch allowed the Knights another set which they get a penalty, go up field and score a try from. We would have won comfortably if he kicks out instead.

Same thing in the Manly game where the team wasn't settled and controlled at all and strong character in defence saw us on hold on.Where has this mystical game management been all season? Against the Broncos we lead 22-16 with less than 10 to go and that is exactly the type of game that Cronk is supposed to win for us, forget the bullshit refereeing decision we had destiny in our own hands at that point and our halfback was not controlling the game at all.

On Anzac Day the forwards more than held their own against the competition front runners and Cronk came up with nothing, ditto against Souths.

Any other player in the 7 jersey would be hammered from pillar to post over these performances but not Melbourne's favourite son, somehow people like a Storm favourite more than some of our own that have actually put the body on the line for our jersey. It's sickening how much people blindly kiss this guy's arse regularly.

Comment

Originally posted by 200 IQ View Post
                          The excuses for Cronk are just unreal. People have gone all in on kissing his arse for such a long period of time that they have no choice but to come up with some utterly ridiculous crap to save face.

"Coaches fault"
                          "Hooker's fault"

Whilst every single player seems to be copping the shit with each new day (even Cordner isn't immune from the criticism) it seems like Cronk only gets put on a pedestal so that the majority can worship him and not only that but other players start copping the shit to be blamed for Cronk performing well under par.

He's done fk all this year. Someone mentioned that we've won a couple of close games in a row which is why we bought him. Umm, last week we survived thanks to a miracle try saving tackle from Tupou so how can that win be on Cronk? This week his craptacular failed kick for touch allowed the Knights another set which they get a penalty, go up field and score a try from. We would have won comfortably if he kicks out instead.

Same thing in the Manly game where the team wasn't settled and controlled at all and strong character in defence saw us on hold on.Where has this mystical game management been all season? Against the Broncos we lead 22-16 with less than 10 to go and that is exactly the type of game that Cronk is supposed to win for us, forget the bullshit refereeing decision we had destiny in our own hands at that point and our halfback was not controlling the game at all.

On Anzac Day the forwards more than held their own against the competition front runners and Cronk came up with nothing, ditto against Souths.

Any other player in the 7 jersey would be hammered from pillar to post over these performances but not Melbourne's favourite son, somehow people like a Storm favourite more than some of our own that have actually put the body on the line for our jersey. It's sickening how much people blindly kiss this guy's arse regularly.
                          Its even worse when people are saying we would have been better off with Pearce? How do they know that? He got injured this year, we would of been stuck with Cornish.

cronk shouldn’t escape criticism, but we are sitting healthy in 6th halfway through the year.

Comment

You happy with 6th or the way we have got to be in 6th?

Im not but it could be worse.
                            FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by 200 IQ View Post

"Coaches fault"
                              "Hooker's fault"

Good to get that off your chest?
                              But, yeah, here's hoping we can improve our attack.

Comment

Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post
                                You happy with 6th or the way we have got to be in 6th?

Im not but it could be worse.
                                Better than being 11th.

bye in hand also, And if we were in the top 4 at the moment we would be flattering ourselves. To be within 2 wins off top spot is pretty good.

Comment

Working...
                                X