Woods mid-season link

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dice View Post

Bulldogs have 12 players off contract and only $800k to spend. Minimum wage is $100k
    Hasler totally screwed the dogs with his back ended contracts they should be banned from the game. Whatever your contract it should be divided by the number of years and averaged out.
    Woods is still a good player but 900k for a prop who gives you 55 minutes is way overs.

Comment

Originally posted by BenCumminsIsACheat View Post

It's good news. Also says we're sounding out Taupau who I much prefer

"THE Sydney Roosters have distanced themselves from moves to entice Aaron Woods to the glamour club.

Woods looked destined for Cronulla this time last week but talks have stalled with the Sharks, who refuse to budge on their offer. But a reunion with former teammate James Tedesco at Bondi is not on the cards after Roosters officials emphatically ruled out making a play for Woods despite the Kangaroos prop being linked to the club."
      I do feel we need another prop this season, whether it be Woods or Tapau, I was doubting we would get Marty so I had hopes for Woods. Just anybody that can offload really,
      Thanks again for sharing the article

Comment

The only Bulldog I would take is Klemmer.

Comment

Sydney Roosters coach Trent Robinson has categorically denied claims the club are interested in signing big man Aaron Woods.

The Bulldogs' forward has been rumoured to be on the outer from Belmore with the club needing to urgently clear salary cap space for the coming years after a host of back-ended deals.

That's despite Woods signing a four-year multi-million dollar deal with the club.

Moses Mbye is already set to depart the club after signing with Wests Tigers for next season, but could yet make the move before the June 30 deadline this season.

The Roosters are one of a number of clubs rumoured to be interested in signing Woods alongside Parramatta, St George Illawarra, Newcastle and Cronulla who openly declared they were in the market.

Despite the Canterbury-club almost certain to pay some of Woods' salary for next season, Roosters coach Trent Robinson has publicly announced they won't be going after him.

"It's not true at all," Robinson said.

"It's something we don't usually talk about, but when it's talked about our forwards it's ridiculous.

"There's no interest at all."

The 41-year-old was also asked whether the club was interested in signing Manly Sea Eagles big man Martin Taupau and his response wasn't much different.

"It's the same answer," Robinson said.

"There's no interest at all.

"We've been building this squad, we're in a strong position."

"We want better out of ourselves and we're working towards that, but there's no interest in those two players."

The Roosters are currently sixth on the NRL table and travel to Newcastle take on the Knights on Saturday.

Robinson is expecting all four of his Origin stars to back-up including man of the matchJames Tedesco and Blues' captain Boyd Cordner who ran for the most metres out of any forward on Wednesday.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Brass View Post

Hasler totally screwed the dogs with his back ended contracts they should be banned from the game. Whatever your contract it should be divided by the number of years and averaged out.
            Woods is still a good player but 900k for a prop who gives you 55 minutes is way overs.
            Don't laugh, but that's also what Greg Eastwood is on......Woods seems good value compared to that.

Agree about Hasler, he screwed Manly, and then the Dogs. I'm not sure he's right in the head.

Comment

I would have been happy with either of those two to come, but I can live with neither coming.
              You'd think Robbo is not only defending our four props (inluding SST), but also suggesting that Lindsay Collins has a future with us.

Comment

After reading Horry’s article I think it’s time to close this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Horry View Post

Sydney Roosters coach Trent Robinson has categorically denied claims the club are interested in signing big man Aaron Woods.

The Bulldogs' forward has been rumoured to be on the outer from Belmore with the club needing to urgently clear salary cap space for the coming years after a host of back-ended deals.

That's despite Woods signing a four-year multi-million dollar deal with the club.

Moses Mbye is already set to depart the club after signing with Wests Tigers for next season, but could yet make the move before the June 30 deadline this season.

The Roosters are one of a number of clubs rumoured to be interested in signing Woods alongside Parramatta, St George Illawarra, Newcastle and Cronulla who openly declared they were in the market.

Despite the Canterbury-club almost certain to pay some of Woods' salary for next season, Roosters coach Trent Robinson has publicly announced they won't be going after him.

"It's not true at all," Robinson said.

"It's something we don't usually talk about, but when it's talked about our forwards it's ridiculous.

"There's no interest at all."

The 41-year-old was also asked whether the club was interested in signing Manly Sea Eagles big man Martin Taupau and his response wasn't much different.

"It's the same answer," Robinson said.

"There's no interest at all.

"We've been building this squad, we're in a strong position."

"We want better out of ourselves and we're working towards that, but there's no interest in those two players."

The Roosters are currently sixth on the NRL table and travel to Newcastle take on the Knights on Saturday.

Robinson is expecting all four of his Origin stars to back-up including man of the matchJames Tedesco and Blues' captain Boyd Cordner who ran for the most metres out of any forward on Wednesday.
                  No Woods OR Tapau.. Shame

Comment

https://www.roosters.com.au/news/201...rent-robinson/

Comment

That all said, it's like Donny the Goof and North Korea, you don't say anything to spoil the deal.

Comment

I had a chat with a sharkies legend who said he would be “angry and pissed off” if the sharks signed Woods because “he’s soft” lol not a fan of that useless pillow at all and I agree with him.

Comment

Originally posted by 200 IQ View Post
                          I had a chat with a sharkies legend who said he would be “angry and pissed off” if the sharks signed Woods because “he’s soft” lol not a fan of that useless pillow at all and I agree with him.
                          I am happy toacknowledge that Woods has a good offload in him. However whenever we have come up against Woods, do you ever actually fear him? Do you worry he is going to steamroll our forwards, worry he is a going to pull off some big hits in defence? He is your classic supercoach fanboy favourite. Churns out lots of runs and metres without really causing a lot of damage.

Comment

On another note, does anyone of my vintage reckon Hasler could play Columbo in a movie? Ace detective Columbo was. Also very scruffy with a raspy voice
                            Embrace the Hate! JC

Comment

Originally posted by Kingsgrove-Loiner View Post

Don't laugh, but that's also what Greg Eastwood is on......Woods seems good value compared to that.

Agree about Hasler, he screwed Manly, and then the Dogs. I'm not sure he's right in the head.
                              Lol Eastwood on 900k

Comment

Originally posted by John Corey View Post
                                On another note, does anyone of my vintage reckon Hasler could play Columbo in a movie? Ace detective Columbo was. Also very scruffy with a raspy voice
                                LOL Columbo was dishevelled, unshaven and had a raspy voice. But he appeared way smarter than Des. He couldn't certainly unravel Des' backroom dealings though. Des reminds me of Kel in Kath and Kim too. He's got that Russell Coyte 'look' and he's just about done that to the Dogs. probably looking for an old mate right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X