No announcement yet.

Woods mid-season link

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woods won't be coming to easts..thank God for that, but I'll bet there'll be a thread about trying to lure Farah out of reserve grade from souffs to replace friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Lydon View Post
      Listening to Robbo today confirming we have no interest in Tapau and Woods,made me think player like Collins are definetly in the mix moving forward..
      Letís hope itís sooner rather than later as the kid has talent and can be a real asset to our side.
      What has Robbo got to do with anything? Nick runs the place and we will be getting Tapau or Woods, hopefully Woods.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Stone View Post

What has Robbo got to do with anything? Nick runs the place and we will be getting Tapau or Woods, hopefully Woods.
        Hope we get Tapau mate,ball playing beast is exactly what we need..

Comment

Originally posted by Lydon View Post
          Hope we get Tapau mate,ball playing beast is exactly what we need..
          I know what your saying mate Tapau is a beast but he is a very weird cat. You saw the way Radley went after him..I just think in the long run he will cause more problems than good.
          We can get Woods very cheap this year.

Comment

At the right price Woods as a current international would be useful to sign before June 30 as Chooks lack depth in that department as well as centre (no centres on the market though)- Collins I have to say is not NRL standard and Robbo hasn't tested some other youngsters in NRL as yet to see if they are NRL standard either.

Dogs are playing hard ball wanting clubs who sign their players to pick up 1/2 or more of their contract for the remainder of this year at least.- Not wanting to pay for any Dogs contract past this year(2018).

Woods has reportedly a 4 year deal at 800k a year at the Dogs- so any team that signs Woods would have to match the 800 k for years 2 to 4 - Dogs only offering to pay 200k for the remainder of this years contract only to grant a release if Woods wants to leave that is- interested clubs would have to fork out the 800k or whatever beyond 2018 to sign him long term as the Dogs wont be paying anymore past 2018.
            Last edited by King Salvo; 06-09-2018, 01:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post
              At the right price Woods as a current international would be useful to sign before June 30 as Chooks lack depth in that department as well as centre (no centres on the market though)- Collins I have to say is not NRL standard and Robbo hasn't tested some other youngsters in NRL as yet to see if they are NRL standard either.

Dogs are playing hard ball wanting clubs who sign their players to pick up 1/2 or more of their contract for the remainder of this year at least.- Not wanting to pay for any Dogs contract past this year(2018).

Woods has reportedly a 4 year deal at 800k a year at the Dogs- so any team that signs Woods would have to match the 800 k for years 2 to 4 - Dogs only offering to pay 200k for the remainder of this years contract only to grant a release if Woods wants to leave that is- interested clubs would have to fork out the 800k or whatever beyond 2018 to sign him long term as the Dogs wont be paying anymore past 2018.
              At 800K a year, no thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

Collins has had what 2 games in first grade?
                How do you know heís not NRL standard. Saw enough to suggest heís worth persisting with at least.

Comment

Originally posted by One Eyed Willy View Post

Collins has had what 2 games in first grade?
                  How do you know heís not NRL standard. Saw enough to suggest heís worth persisting with at least.
                  Collins has a lot of improvement, I wouldn't be letting him go. Didn't we supposedly have enough money to keep Pearce.. What happen to that money?

Comment

Looks like Moses Mbye will play his last game for the Dogs this weekend before switching to the Tigers. Not sure what the plan is for him.
                    Woods is still up in the air. Wouldnt surprise me if the Chooks ended up with him not this year but next because I think Napa will leave for the Broncos.
                    Foran what a massive disappointment he's been. He would be the one I would be off loading if I were the Dogs.
                    "Originally posted by Elvis Rooster"
                    So while most of us were getting excited about the start of the season our resident Junkie Jim the Jailbird, the guy who would like to break into your house and steal your tv and toaster, Mickey Lane is at it again. Here is his latest beauty.
                    ​"Do you want white or wholemeal toast?"
                    I tell you guys this is one sick son of a bitch;

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
                      Looks like Moses Mbye will play his last game for the Dogs this weekend before switching to the Tigers. Not sure what the plan is for him.
                      Woods is still up in the air. Wouldnt surprise me if the Chooks ended up with him not this year but next because I think Napa will leave for the Broncos.
                      Foran what a massive disappointment he's been. He would be the one I would be off loading if I were the Dogs.
                      They're trying to medically retire Foran

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
                        Good points Mickie. Foran was a waste of space at the Warriors too. Don't care if Napa goes but would prefer Taupau any day over Woods. I still can't understand why Collins isn't getting a run over Baptiste. Against that Panthers pack despite Kikau not being there I think he would be a great bench player. Hopefully Robinson proves me wrong.
                        "Do you expect me to talk"? "No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die".

Comment

Originally posted by easts4eva View Post
                          Woods won't be coming to easts..thank God for that, but I'll bet there'll be a thread about trying to lure Farah out of reserve grade from souffs to replace friend.
                          Farah, Woods and Carney... you could build a team around them instead of Friend, Cords and Cronk. However, it would be very much a poor man,s team.

Comment

Working...
                          X