Official Match Thread - Newcastle Knights vs Sydney Roosters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LargeMike View Post
    Also Baptiste to ride the bench for 70 min again. What a joke.
    try 80

Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

• Originally posted by The Axe View Post

try 80
      It's gotten to a point where I'm starting to think it's an inside joke.

Comment

• I watched with no audio. Our style of game is just so boring and predictable. So many games like this week after week over many seasons. It’s easy for the powers that be to allow the underdog back into a game when there is such a predictable team that know no different due to so the coach’s unconvincing style of game. Tonite was a opportune time for variation with the kicking game but all that was dished up were Mitchell Cronk bombs. Fergo a match winner tonite with the blind play. Like past seasons it’s individual plays that have won us many a game. With all the facilities and resources of this great club I no longer Trust in Trent.

Comment

• Originally posted by bondi paul View Post
          I watched with no audio. Our style of game is just so boring and predictable. So many games like this week after week over many seasons. It’s easy for the powers that be to allow the underdog back into a game when there is such a predictable team that know no different due to so the coach’s unconvincing style of game. Tonite was a opportune time for variation with the kicking game but all that was dished up were Mitchell Cronk bombs. Fergo a match winner tonite with the blind play. Like past seasons it’s individual plays that have won us many a game. With all the facilities and resources of this great club I no longer Trust in Trent.
          We are very boring to watch. Good defence keeping us in games, in 2010 a very boring team won the comp though.

the Penrith game will show if we have some variation against a good defensive team.

Comment

• Originally posted by bondi paul View Post
            I watched with no audio. Our style of game is just so boring and predictable. So many games like this week after week over many seasons. It’s easy for the powers that be to allow the underdog back into a game when there is such a predictable team that know no different due to so the coach’s unconvincing style of game. Tonite was a opportune time for variation with the kicking game but all that was dished up were Mitchell Cronk bombs. Fergo a match winner tonite with the blind play. Like past seasons it’s individual plays that have won us many a game. With all the facilities and resources of this great club I no longer Trust in Trent.
            2/3 tries were through individual brilliance. Wont be good enough against a good team

Comment

• Originally posted by milanja View Post

We are very boring to watch. Good defence keeping us in games, in 2010 a very boring team won the comp though.

the Penrith game will show if we have some variation against a good defensive team.
              Yes very very boring and it’s like Robbo is influenced by Rugby.

Comment

• Originally posted by Louis N View Post

He certainly is. I don't think he's had a bad game this year. Plays like he has spiders on him and very light on his feet. But fullback gives him the license to roam in attack. Five eighth he would handle without a problem. I thought we gave him to much time by not moving up and allowing him to dance around a bit tonight. But that might have been the plan to hold our ground and pick off the runners.
                We handled him well, except when Lattrel ran out of the line. But in that last 10 minutes I was just hoping he would stay at fb and off the ball. He was the only danger.
                Embrace the Hate! JC

Comment

• Originally posted by The Axe View Post

try 80
                  Robinson is clueless when it comes to his use of the bench. The penny hasn't dropped yet, I'm guessing it never will

Comment

• Good solid win. Great defensive win.

The glass half empty vibe on here every week does my head in.

Comment

• When Corder does play...what does he actually do in games?

Comment

• Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post
                        When Corder does play...what does he actually do in games?
                        Very little this year, yet still a whole lot more than Napa, Friend, Manu and golden boy Maubs

Comment

• Originally posted by Easts75 View Post

Very little this year, yet still a whole lot more than Napa, Friend, Manu and golden boy Maubs
                          Do we need players who do very little in games?
                          Friend and Maubs though tackle everything in sight.

"the big Penrith pack that have terrorised their opposition this year."

Oh for "[the big Roosters pack that have terrorised their opposition this year]".

Guess it's different though when you're the Roosters pack seemingly being penalised out of every game you play.

First 4 penalties to the Knights yesterday.

Comment

• Originally posted by mightyrooster View Post
                            It’s very strange. isn’t it? We have the worst players and coach in the comp, yet we are still well and truly in the running for a top 4 spot and even the Minor Premiership. In fact, we’d be in first place now if not for the last minute ricochet try in Round 1 and the refereeing fiasco against Brisbane.

They are cruising right now, improving their completion rate significantly (what was it, 82 per cent last night), tackling well and winning. They have the firepower to blast any team off the park and I remain optimistic they will. (Provided we aren’t subjected to another handicapping by the referees.)

Comment

• Originally posted by Spirit of 66 View Post

It’s very strange. isn’t it? We have the worst players and coach in the comp, yet we are still well and truly in the running for a top 4 spot and even the Minor Premiership. In fact, we’d be in first place now if not for the last minute ricochet try in Round 1 and the refereeing fiasco against Brisbane.

They are cruising right now, improving their completion rate significantly (what was it, 82 per cent last night), tackling well and winning. They have the firepower to blast any team off the park and I remain optimistic they will. (Provided we aren’t subjected to another handicapping by the referees.)
                              This.

I’m stoked we won the game. Away. Origin players backing up. Take the 2 and move on to the big one against Penrith. I think we will put in a great performance.

We are close to the top of the table and have played at about half our capacity. Our defence is great. Just need our attack to gel now.
                              Last edited by Johnny Tobin; 06-10-2018, 10:45 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mightyrooster View Post
                                Good solid win. Great defensive win.
                                You should start your own post match thread MR.
                                One where we could read sensible comments and constructive critism.

Comment

Working...
                                X