Robbo admits the commentary surrounding our attack is spot on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robbo admits the commentary surrounding our attack is spot on

well at least Robbo finally admitted that our attack is no where near where it needs to be, also admitted all the media commentary about our form/attack is spot on.

seems even Robbo has reached his limits defending our fumbling/bumbling attack, he is thrilled with the heart and commitment in defense, but knows we aren't going deep into September the way things currently stand.

It was getting better, week by week. Obviously this week, we couldn't expect that same fluency w/out our rep players.

I'm not worried.

Comment

our attack at the start of the season was worse than this and that was with origin players, were slowly improving

Comment

He made similar comments a month back.

I don't think there's any denial around our stagnating attack.

Comment

He just needs to read the Chookpen for all his answers
          ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

There's no doubt we need to get to another level if we want to give the comp a shake. We're not playing as well as we were in the previous five years (2016 aside).

Maybe every year is different, and this year we will surge into the semis with confidence and blow everyone else off the park. I think we're capable of it.

Comment

Robbo should be working on his use of the bench he doesn't get full value out of the interchanges. Baptiste is a waste of an interchange the way he is being used. Collins and fpn didn't seem to get many minutes either. Your bench should be coming on an making an impact not just replacing blokes when they are gassed for a 10 minute spell.

Comment

They get in each other's way a lot when they make a break. They over-run the ball carrier causing knock ons and forward passes!

Comment

As Robbo confirmed as I have been saying all along the Chooks are playing at 30-40% capacity with a lot of progression left in them (one hopes) - Too many on here think a win means they are back on track somehow - today they had to really dig deep to win against one has to say a team that is not great in attack even though they kept on inviting them to win the game via their mistakes.

Hopefully all the SOO players get through and be able to front up to what will be a very hard game against the Knights next Saturday at 5:30pm in Newcastle - cannot go into that game with the same side today and expect to win one suggests. Another must win game

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Brass View Post
                    Robbo should be working on his use of the bench he doesn't get full value out of the interchanges. Baptiste is a waste of an interchange the way he is being used. Collins and fpn didn't seem to get many minutes either. Your bench should be coming on an making an impact not just replacing blokes when they are gassed for a 10 minute spell.
                    I think the Baptiste experiment can be put to bed now..replace him with Collins with Radley if needed having a stint at hooker.

Comment

Robbo has the revamped attacking plan in his Rolls Royce - just needs to find the keys to the glove box to unleash it.

Comment

Reminds me so much of last season.

If we get our act together we can win this thing...

Comment

Some of the trick shots looked good, especially the Newcastle game. That's when our halves combined best in attack. And they did it through the middle. Their execution that game was terrific. Reminiscent of Bishop and Millward.

I think what stifles our attack is trying to shift the ball wider when it's not on. It often results in a sliding and therefore crowding that makes us easy meat. Souths fell into the same trap last year. There needs to be more inside angle runs to compensate. That's where the opposition defence is reading Keary's game and forcing him into rushed passes and errors.

Noted yesterday when Ferguson linked into the backline he did so on a straighter trajectory and either split the defence or was able to tie them up to get that great ball away to Tupou. Teddy jinks too much before the line atm and it stifles the runners. I think we have to take the line on - as Mitchell does - and draw the defence in and work off that. If the gaps aren't there, the only way to create them is to move the defensive line to where you want it to be. Easier said than done of course but hopefully that's what we're progressing to.

Once fellows like Tedesco or Manu are in the clear then it's a different story. Their footwork does it's own thing. A bit like Michael Jennings. Tedesco's break against the Gold Coast was in the Jennings mould. Once through he kept stepping and jinking and completely bamboozled the defence. Jennings did the same against the Storm one final in 2015 I think, and Hastings did the rest with a kick right onto SKD's chest.

But to get to that point we have to engage the defensive line more and the breaks will come.

Comment

You know why ,they are causing knock on's and forward passes ccfc bondi,because they line out too flat when we are attacking. Have a look at how the South coach lines his attack up and you will see the difference. Our attack when we have the ball sometimes looks like a straight line of defence no wonder they don't have time to give good passes as the defence is on them all the time

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
                              Reminds me so much of last season.

If we get our act together we can win this thing...
                              I don't have my hopes up.

I'm picturing another incredibly frustrating and error filled finals defeat to a vastly inferior team whose only major achievement was to complete their sets and let us beat ourselves.

If that happens again we might have a new head coach in 2019. The pressure is surely on more than ever for Robbo come finals time.

Comment

Working...
                              X