Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lydon View Post
    Great news!
    Why? I would prefer no rooster is picked.

Comment

Not when it’s only 2 posters with similar agendas..
      Based on my observations on here Maxy you have a lot more people wanting you gone than me mate
      Thats the pot calling the kettle black
      Don't go anywhere Joe. We like you.

Comment

I really hope Keary is picked mate,love him as a player!
        Blokes like Keary and gutherson are what league is all about. Natural footballers who aren't built like a fridge. Great to watch them play. Keary is a tough bastard.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxy Walker View Post

Clearly you have some anger management issues Joe. Try some chamomile tea and a lie down.
          Thanks for the advice Maxy,so honourable of you..

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post

Don't go anywhere Joe. We like you.
            Thanks JT,always liked and respected you mate..
            One of the originals

Comment

Why? I would prefer no rooster is picked.
              You’re right mate,I just felt bad for Cordner hearing all the criticism in the media..
              Might be good for him to lead the Blues this year and help kick start his season!

Comment

Originally posted by Bigchook View Post

Blokes like Keary and gutherson are what league is all about. Natural footballers who aren't built like a fridge. Great to watch them play. Keary is a tough bastard.
                His defence has been immense this year,really surprising given his size!
                Keary is our X factor,no doubt about it..

Comment

You’re right mate,I just felt bad for Cordner hearing all the criticism in the media..
                  Might be good for him to lead the Blues this year and help kick start his season!
                  The only thing it will kickstart is a knee injury. He comes back busted every year. But I see where you are coming from.

Comment

The only thing it will kickstart is a knee injury. He comes back busted every year. But I see where you are coming from.
                    Agreed mate,his knee is a concern..
                    Hopefully our Club has a close eye on it,as opposed to last years series.

Comment

• So Freddy's going to pick Cords against the wishes of Gould. This is like the part of Mary Shelley's Frankenstein when the Monster kills his creator's younger brother and frames the chambermaid.

Gus is going to be chasing Freddy across the Arctic sooner or later.

Freddy: "Slave, I before reasoned with you, but you have proved yourself unworthy of my condescension. Remember that I have power; you believe yourself miserable, but I can make you so wretched that the light of day will be hateful to you. You are my creator, but I am your master; -- obey!"

Gus: "Devil, cease; and do not poison the air with these sounds of malice. I have declared my resolution to you, and I am no coward to bend beneath words. Leave me; I am inexorable."

Freddy: ​​​​​​​"It is well. I go; but remember, I shall be with you on your Origin night."

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post

I'm hoping this year will be a little different. I think he has felt immense pressure in past Origins to do something, anything, to try to kick-start NSW. That has led to him playing battering ram when he's 15kgs shy of where he needs to be to do that, at least in that arena. But he's been surrounded by a team that couldn't punch a hole in a doughnut, and had the ball handling skills of a lesbian, so he felt he had to try to do it all himself.

If Freddy picks the best available team this year, I really think the Blues can dominate, and Cords won't have to turn himself inside-out trying to be a prop & a 2nd rower too.

Comment

• Cordner played exactly the same type of football before his knee injury he never passes the ball so the defence is not kept guessing

Comment

• Gould was accurate with what he said, if you disagree you clearly dont watch football

Comment

• I don't know whether Boyd is playing how he is allowed to play or if what we are seeing is all he is capable of. However the absolute best players in any position are well rounded footballers, the ones who can adapt and cover other positions, who possess a degree of second phase play if a forward or playmaking ability if a back. Boyd doesn't have this and whilst I really respect him highly as a player, I would not refer to him as a great footballer or one of elite status, purely because he is one dimensional. He is very good at that one dimension, running hard into traffic and tackling but this is punishing on this body.

This might sound harsh but it is imo fair. The problem with one dimensional players is that their career longevity at the top is usually reduced because once wear and tear on their body takes over, they quickly wane. You take a guy like Luke Lewis and see how he adapted to a different style of play as he got older, I don't think Boyd can do this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post
                                I
                                This might sound harsh but it is imo fair. The problem with one dimensional players is that their career longevity at the top is usually reduced because once wear and tear on their body takes over, they quickly wane. You take a guy like Luke Lewis and see how he adapted to a different style of play as he got older, I don't think Boyd can do this.
                                If memory serves Luke Lewis started as a winger. Just like Ricko started as a centre. Someone like Mitch Aubbo who can play anywhere but the front row is a priceless commodity. I think it's too late for Cordner to change his ways.

Comment

Working...
                                X