Gould omits Cordner from his NSW Blues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Johnny73 View Post
    The old adage of "only being as good as your next start" comes to mind. Cordner has been part of a lot of losing sides. I know he's not the only one to blame but being a one trick pony doesn't get you very far.
    It's a shit adage and only Queensland seem to get that. You never see them drop a player for form reasons, hell their whole dynasty began with them picking a group of proven performers who weren't in the best of form.

It boggles the mind that the powers and knowledge to be in NSW still don't seem to have realised that.

To the point where there's calls to drop our captain because he's had a slow start to the season after returning late back to pre-season because he was off scoring the only try in the world cup winning our country the game.

Funny game some times.

Comment

I like his thinking...
      - Cords is clearly past it
      - Cleary and Reynolds are in much better form than Keary
      - Jimmy the Jet is the fastest man on the planet for sure and schooled Latrell on the weekend... pick him fo-sho
      - Napa is a loose cannon who got sent off... he should be taught a lesson by being hooked from Origin
      - Fergos hands are too slippery and he has a chequered past so does not deserve to play Origin
      - Macca is much better than Friend so should replace Smith for QLD and Australia
      - Teddy has lost his way... Trbo is miles ahead for the FB role

... anybody else I missed out on? My preference is to exclude all of these under-performing flogs from Origin. They ahould all play club footy instead.

Comment

At least Gallen defended Cordner pointing at his injury for his slow start to the season..
        I Agree with a few on here that Gus is probably lighting a fire under Boyd

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

It's a shit adage and only Queensland seem to get that. You never see them drop a player for form reasons, hell their whole dynasty began with them picking a group of proven performers who weren't in the best of form.

It boggles the mind that the powers and knowledge to be in NSW still don't seem to have realised that.

To the point where there's calls to drop our captain because he's had a slow start to the season after returning late back to pre-season because he was off scoring the only try in the world cup winning our country the game.

Funny game some times.
          This Queensland never drop players bullshit is nauseating and equivalent to Souths being the pride of the league. They’ve basically had the Australian test team for over 10 years of course they don’t need to drop players; even before their run the concept was started to be talked of as dead and irrelevant because NSW won a few.

Comment

Gus is smoking too much funny stuff if he thinks Cordner has stagnated in the last 3 years.

Comment

Originally posted by 200 IQ View Post

This Queensland never drop players bullshit is nauseating and equivalent to Souths being the pride of the league. They’ve basically had the Australian test team for over 10 years of course they don’t need to drop players; even before their run the concept was started to be talked of as dead and irrelevant because NSW won a few.
              You're pretty well spot on the money there. They haven't needed to drop anybody, well at least until they got smoked in game 1 last year. Then all of a sudden the loyalty card went out the window and they made changes. It's easy to be loyal when you're winning games.

Comment

Originally posted by Random Rooster View Post
                Gould is telling both Robbo and Cordner that his game has to evolve. ........its actually great advice. Yes his attack is way too predictable, so add another dimension or two in his game....he has the talent to do so
                Totally agree with your thoughts about the message Gould is getting out there about Boyd.

Just on Gould, more often than not i share the same views as him however, he is an interesting character....forever the master of spin. For e.g.
                In the opening rounds of 2018 he insisted young Cleary shouldn't be picked because he's not ready. Only 2 weeks ago he said much the same about Latrell - Gould had them both in his team last night.
                P.S I too would like to see them both chosen as the Blues embark on a fresh approach.

I also love the way he drives his own agenda by naming Tamou up front to partner RCG and left Klemmer out all together! Really Gus, Tamou has been very ordinary since arriving at the foot of the mountains. Gould's icing on the cake = Maloney as Blues capt.

Comment

I won’t be surprised if he misses out.

Comment

It's a continuation of Gould's death-riding agenda against Robbo. He hasn't let up about how awful our attacking game is these days. Having a dig at Cordner's game and how it hasn't evolved in 2-3 years is another back-handed dig at Robbo's coaching and how our game plan hasn't evolved in years and not only is it affecting his golden boy Cronk, it's also affecting our captain and his ability to make the SOO team. I can see straight through the Gus agenda.

He did the same thing to Gallen - death-rode him and the Sharks and Blues continuously - even after they won a premiership he called the 2016 premiership soft.

Gus has a brilliant football brain but I cannot stand his contiunous ego-fed agendas. He's been doing it for years. I still remember before we signed Brian Smith out of the blue, Gus was going on and on about how he loves Brian Smith coached teams in his commentary. Then lo and behold a few weeks later it was announced we had signed Smithy.

Comment

Originally posted by theGman View Post

Totally agree with your thoughts about the message Gould is getting out there about Boyd.

Just on Gould, more often than not i share the same views as him however, he is an interesting character....forever the master of spin. For e.g.
                      In the opening rounds of 2018 he insisted young Cleary shouldn't be picked because he's not ready. Only 2 weeks ago he said much the same about Latrell - Gould had them both in his team last night.
                      P.S I too would like to see them both chosen as the Blues embark on a fresh approach.

I also love the way he drives his own agenda by naming Tamou up front to partner RCG and left Klemmer out all together! Really Gus, Tamou has been very ordinary since arriving at the foot of the mountains. Gould's icing on the cake = Maloney as Blues capt.
                      He named Tamou and Merrin! Over Klemmer and Vaughan.

Absolutely crazy and proof that his opinions shouldn't be taken as gospel.

Comment

I’m sure a week ago Gus said Cleary shouldn’t be picked just coming back from injury,only to name him in his team last night lol

Comment

Cordner had that great combination running off Pearce which seems to have disappeared with Cronk, like all the other stuff that has disappeared with Cronk.

Comment

Well let's just hope our recent finals performances disappear with Cronk, too

Comment

Originally posted by Maxy Walker View Post
                              Cordner had that great combination running off Pearce which seems to have disappeared with Cronk, like all the other stuff that has disappeared with Cronk.
                              Do you suspect that Cronk had something to do with JFKs assasination as well ????

Comment

Originally posted by eddie View Post

Do you suspect that Cronk had something to do with JFKs assasination as well ????
                                No that wasn’t him he would have missed for sure

Comment

Working...
                                X