Carney to be a rooster again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 200 IQ View Post

That was 8 years ago and it’s all been down hill for him since. Now he’s 30 or so, unfit, bouncing around UK clubs and we are bringing this clown back
    I'm not expecting him to a starter. Just a decent origin replacement for when Keary and/or Teddy go

Comment

If we get an injury or two he could well be wearing the tricolours.
      Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

How is signing Carney even feasible when North’s are Souths feeder Club?
        If we are waiting for the Bears to distance themselves from Souths and unite with Easts that could take some time..
        Doubt the Carney to Easts rumour has any legs

Comment

Todd has signed with the Bears and will play next week. An up yours to Souths.

Now need the divorce papers with Souths to be signed.

Heres hoping....it would be a pleasure to be associated with quality people like Greg Florimo and Perry Lopez.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

Heres hoping....it would be a pleasure to be associated with quality people like Greg Florimo and Perry Lopez.
            It depends on your definition of a quality person.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

Agreed !!!!
              The Bears were hard done by when the NRL made them amalgamate with the chip stealers. Such is the feeling between those clubs, it was always going to end in tears.
              Anyway it appeals to me if we could steal a whole club from souffs.

Comment

Originally posted by 200 IQ View Post

That was 8 years ago and it’s all been down hill for him since. Now he’s 30 or so, unfit, bouncing around UK clubs and we are bringing this clown back
                Huh no?

Since then he has played NRL, gone to the UK, sued the Sharks for wrongful dismissal ($$$), come back to challenge himself (NRL is his standard), gained maturity, been prepped for 1st grade by playing for a Cowboys feeder and then been struck with bad luck because his mum got sick (forcing him to return to NSW).

I doubt the Roosters care about Todd Carney. However, we lost the Roos and need a feeder club. Souths have gone and prematurely announced that they own the Central Coast. Gaining the Bears as a feeder would be a MASSIVE gain on multiple fronts. If Todd Carney comes with them then even better...

Originally posted by oldrooster View Post

Agreed !!!!
                The Bears were hard done by when the NRL made them amalgamate with the chip stealers. Such is the feeling between those clubs, it was always going to end in tears.
                Anyway it appeals to me if we could steal a whole club from souffs.
                About time after all the eastern suburbs feeder clubs they have pinched. However, I suspect all thats gonna happen is that Souffs wont use Todd Carney and wont put him under their cap either as he will be a Norths player. If the two split, Norths MIGHT then magically buy out the Titans, use their players and have Todd Carney (plus a few other Souffs deserters) on their books. Im surprised this rumour hasnt been floated. Norths could have their own agenda and be on the verge of something big! Id love to see that TBH! Fark Souffs redemption story... maybe the mighty Bears are back?
                Last edited by ism22; 05-23-2018, 09:03 AM.

Comment

He's better than anything else we have to replace Keary during Origin and we do still have that 30th player spot open.

Stranger things have happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
                    He's better than anything else we have to replace Keary during Origin and we do still have that 30th player spot open.

Stranger things have happened.
                    JT do you think Keary will pip Golden child Cleary in the Blues team?
                    Reports around the traps seem to say otherwise at the moment

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

Huh no?

Since then he has played NRL, gone to the UK, sued the Sharks for wrongful dismissal ($$$), come back to challenge himself (NRL is his standard), gained maturity, been prepped for 1st grade by playing for a Cowboys feeder and then been struck with bad luck because his mum got sick (forcing him to return to NSW).
                      Downhill performance wise. He hasn’t come close anywhere at any time to replicating his 2010 form and that was 8 years ago. Are we joking here about bringing this dickhead back?

Comment

Carney's best attribute in 2010 was his speed. He used to beat his man on the outside and create opportunities as a result. He has lost a lot of that speed is a lot less effective. If he was anywhere near the quality of the 2010 version clubs would be snapping him up in a heart beat. The lack of interest I think is testament to his declining abilities

Comment

Maybe he can throw passes that someone can actually catch.

Comment

Originally posted by Lydon View Post
                            JT do you think Keary will pip Golden child Cleary in the Blues team?
                            Reports around the traps seem to say otherwise at the moment
                            I heard that was the case a few weeks ago. It may have changed. I hope it has.

Comment

The fewer players we have selected for SOO the better. Geez I hope Keary doesn't make it.

Comment

Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post
                                Carney's best attribute in 2010 was his speed. He used to beat his man on the outside and create opportunities as a result. He has lost a lot of that speed is a lot less effective. If he was anywhere near the quality of the 2010 version clubs would be snapping him up in a heart beat. The lack of interest I think is testament to his declining abilities
                                He'd still be able to read a game better than a lot of halves.

Comment

Working...
                                X