The game has become a joke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The game has become a joke

In an effort to “improve” the game, those running the NRL have turned it into a joke. 20+ penalties a game was to quicken the game but it’s slowed it down, taken 10+ minutes away from having the ball in play and made watching the game unenjoyable. In the first 3-4 weeks not playing the ball with your foot was penalized. Now every six has at least one play the ball with no foot touch - but the refs have moved off that rule. The bunker is an expensive joke. 2 refs have made the game less of a spectacle rather than improved it. The fact that your winger can pack down as hooker and your prop is in the centers shows we’ve given up. Instead of a backline we have left side and right side. Predictable, boring. Plenty of subs means that fatigue is no longer a factor, and mediocre players stay on for extended periods. And don’t try to tell me state of Origin is what it used to be as a spectacle. It’s a packaged, made for TV product. Move aside Todd and let someone in touch with the soul of the game takeover.

It’s starting to look like Yawnion. And you can see how that’s working out for Union in Australia
    I suppose that’s what happens when you let private school prefects run the game. The last 3 CEOs are all rugby or cricket players.
    ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

NRL stands for nearly rugby league.

Comment

Originally posted by Grant Hedger View Post
        In an effort to “improve” the game, those running the NRL have turned it into a joke. 20+ penalties a game was to quicken the game but it’s slowed it down, taken 10+ minutes away from having the ball in play and made watching the game unenjoyable. In the first 3-4 weeks not playing the ball with your foot was penalized. Now every six has at least one play the ball with no foot touch - but the refs have moved off that rule. The bunker is an expensive joke. 2 refs have made the game less of a spectacle rather than improved it. The fact that your winger can pack down as hooker and your prop is in the centers shows we’ve given up. Instead of a backline we have left side and right side. Predictable, boring. Plenty of subs means that fatigue is no longer a factor, and mediocre players stay on for extended periods. And don’t try to tell me state of Origin is what it used to be as a spectacle. It’s a packaged, made for TV product. Move aside Todd and let someone in touch with the soul of the game takeover.
        Brilliant
        Roosters For Ever

Comment

Originally posted by PeeGee View Post

Brilliant
          The NRL is a laughing stock and an embarrassment and frustrations for all Rugby League fans. (Not just ours)

surely they must farking know this.

The Anzac try no-try to Nene, and last nights entire Sutton/bunker debacle is all I can take.

Come on Roosters Illuminati go for the NRL’s collective jugular on this

I’m sick of seeing my kids cry, probably after my kids see me crying...lol. Screaming really.

Roosters For Ever

Comment

NRL = National Rigged League
            The world is full of Kings & Queens,who blind your eye's & steal your dreams!

Comment

Originally posted by Grant Hedger View Post
              8.5/10.

Comment

Unfortunately, it only has AFL as it’s competition, league won’t die, as much as everyone complains, they still watch it.

But how a ref can allow a dummy half to deliberately throw the ball at a man on the ground is terrible, if a sin binned player doesn’t get off the field in under 20 sec, he should be sent for the game, if a player bar the captain goes to the ref when a penalty is blown to time waste, then 10 in the bin. Gotta get all that crap out.

the HIA is making a mockery of the interchange, not sure how you fix that and still keeping a so called duty of care.

Comment

Not Really League

Comment

NRLTalkTheGameUp?

Comment

Of course the game is rigged. You have to have a qld team in the finals, you have to have murduch owed Melbourne in the eight.
                      ​​​​​​The bunker was introduced to help the refs manipulate the results. My passion has waned as i just can't trust the true outcome will result in a good game.
                      Go the Intrust qld comp, its real and fair.
                      ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
                        NRLTalkTheGameUp?
                        #NRLTime’sUp

Comment

Originally posted by infidelrooster View Post
                          NRL = National Rigged League
                          We have a winner.

Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

LOL. Your faith in the integrity of the game would not be restored by the end of the rabbits cowboys game just now.....

Comment

Originally posted by player 1 View Post
                              LOL. Your faith in the integrity of the game would not be restored by the end of the rabbits cowboys game just now.....
                              yes, another game decided by the game managers ...ridiculous ending !

Comment

Working...
                              X