No announcement yet.

The buck stops with Robinson.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well it’s obvious that the weight of being favourite for a game doesn’t suit us. How often are we heavily backed to win only to lose it due to dumb errors and dumb penalties? It seems like it’s part of the teams psyche...

Comment

Originally posted by Maxy Walker View Post
      The problem wasn’t the coaching. The attacking structures worked well and created plenty of opportunities. Just poor execution was the problem..
      Maaaaaaaaaaate , we agree on something.

I'm sticking with Robbo, but I think Coggy makes a good point about Trent having a blind spot when it comes to his captain.
      I think we need a different dummy half.

Comment

The team has more talent than it needs to win most games but zero inspiration. There is more to coaching than just teaching them how to run around the park.

Comment

Coggy I told you gettid rid of Pearce wouldn't 'fix' anything

Now you want to go after our most succesful head coach since Jack Gibson.

I hope the club have a little more back bone and see the errors of their ways.

The grass isn't always greener on the other side.

Comment

Originally posted by RoosterFanNZ View Post
            was also wondering if robbo knows what the word 'offload' means. might seem to think it has no place in rugby league
            There was heaps of ball movement/off loads from the Roosters forwards last night.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Stehr View Post
              He's skating on thin ice. The only thing that will save him is a premiership win, either this year or next year. That Cleary double deal is looking better by the week. If he doesn't drop Friend and promote Radley it will come back to bite him, the team should've been really up for this, we must be very poorly prepared. Nowhere near good enough.
              No he's not.
              Can always rely on the get rid of Robbo thread after a loss.

Comment

Originally posted by TDK View Post
                This competition goes for 26 rounds not 11 and it’s all about the timing. Robbo knows the team has heaps more growth and won’t be too fussed about dropping a few games along the way. I don’t mind the errors as long as the team is using the ball which is the case. The Roosters will continue to improve and will be ready to go by season end.
                False hope.

Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
                  Coggy I told you gettid rid of Pearce wouldn't 'fix' anything

Now you want to go after our most succesful head coach since Jack Gibson.

I hope the club have a little more back bone and see the errors of their ways.

The grass isn't always greener on the other side.
                  Do you think Trent has got this team up for the important semi final
                  games since 2013 ? Do you think he has addressed our error rate effectively for the last few years ? How about addressing our dumb penalties ? Our fat lazy 9 who has been stifling our attack with poor decision making and atrocious service? His embarrasing use of the bench at crucial times ? Yep, keep telling yourself Trent is the Messiah, personally id rather see our team get past the semis

Comment

Originally posted by Easts75 View Post

Do you think Trent has got this team up for the important semi final
                    games since 2013 ? Do you think he has addressed our error rate effectively for the last few years ? How about addressing our dumb penalties ? Our fat lazy 9 who has been stifling our attack with poor decision making and atrocious service? His embarrasing use of the bench at crucial times ? Yep, keep telling yourself Trent is the Messiah, personally id rather see our team get past the semis
                    2013 Premiers
                    2014 Minor Premiers
                    2015 Minor Premiers
                    2016 2nd last
                    2017 1 game from GF
                    2018 Right in the mix.

He is better than at least 15 other coaches according to those stats.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

2013 Premiers
                      2014 Minor Premiers
                      2015 Minor Premiers
                      2016 2nd last
                      2017 1 game from GF
                      2018 Right in the mix.

Let’s not forget he’s had the top 3 rosters in all of the season’s you mention,apart from 2016...
                      So comparing him to other coaches with less talented sides is a little unfair..
                      Also 2017 was one of the biggest choke jobs in the history of the game,especially when you compare our roster to the Cowboys and the lessons we should’ve learnt from 2014 and 2015..
                      Put that all in perspective and Trent is nothing special in my opinion,athough he talks really well and has the supporters and media fooled half the time.

Comment

2013 Premiers
                        2014 Minor Premiers
                        2015 Minor Premiers
                        2016 2nd last
                        2017 1 game from GF
                        2018 Right in the mix.

lol.
                        All i see is 1 Premiership, no other GF's with some great rosters.

Comment

Originally posted by David Bill Williams View Post
                          How is it his fault?? We looked pretty good tonight barring those drop balls. A couple of shitty calls and our own errors cost us, he’s not the one out there dropping the ball
                          When the poor discipline, which includes dropped balls, happens for the last 4 years, then yes the coach has to share the blame. He does not put enough emphasis on ball security. If he did it would have been fixed by now.
                          Embrace the Hate! JC

Comment

Originally posted by Lydon View Post
                            Let’s not forget he’s had the top 3 rosters in all of the season’s you mention,apart from 2016...
                            So comparing him to other coaches with less talented sides is a little unfair..
                            Also 2017 was one of the biggest choke jobs in the history of the game,especially when you compare our roster to the Cowboys and the lessons we should’ve learnt from 2014 and 2015..
                            Put that all in perspective and Trent is nothing special in my opinion,athough he talks really well and has the supporters and media fooled half the time.
                            Absolutely he talks well and is probably a top bloke. He is just an average coach blessed with a very good team. People on here were carrying on like we were flying aftwr last weeks win against a depleted Warriors side but yet again we failed to get up against a team that was barely FG standard on paper.

Comment

2013 Premiers
                              2014 Minor Premiers
                              2015 Minor Premiers
                              2016 2nd last
                              2017 1 game from GF
                              2018 Right in the mix.

The PF last year was a debacle. Let's start with Toupo on the bench for 70 minutes, I am still to find a logical reason for this. Our discpline let us down badly. Dropped balls on the first after scoring points ! Kicking out on the full not ONCE but TWICE!!!! Haven't seen it done twice in a game even in junior footy in the last 30 years. Some problems are recurring and are not being addressed.

Comment

Well its the which came first the egg or the chicken.
                                The best coaches have the best players thats why they are the best coaches.
                                Which coach in the NRL has a better record than what Robbo has had since he has been at the Roosters?

Comment

Working...
                                X