Roosters plans for 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roosters plans for 2019

anyone got a telucrap subscription, there is a sports confidential article tonight that apparently outlines our recruitment plans for 2019.

We need a lot of personnel changes for 2019

Comment

Haven’t seen the article. But I would have thought we mainly need some depth in the outside backs, some depth in the front row and a succession plan for Cronk.

Problem is how do you achieve all that when so much of the cap is invested in a handful of marquee players plus Crichton coming on board. No doubt the Tele has all the answers (sarcasm alert).

Comment

I think it is just about where we will play our games etc...SCG

Comment

Yeah it’s not about recruitment, it’s about us playing at the SCG.

THE Sydney Roosters have knocked on the head the NRL’s plan to turn them into travelling nomads next season when Allianz Stadium comes down for its rebuild.

The NRL was hoping the Roosters would basically surrender their home ground for a year and play in their opposition’s backyard.

The Roosters rejected the proposal in a meeting with the NRL yesterday, believing it was a bid to boost crowd figures which would come to their detriment.

They will play at the SCG instead, a move that will provide great pictures for the game.

Also word of advice if you ever need to get around a paywall just put the URL of the site into here and it shows you the article. https://outline.com/

Comment

Lol why would we surrender our home ground advantage? This is elite pro sport and we want to, you know, win!

The NRL are dumb ****s.

Comment

SCG is a shit place to watch footy.

Comment

Just like to say thanks to roostersrule2 , that link works a treat.

Comment

I remember enjoying going to match of the round at the SCG back in the 70s.

All our games at the SCG is the right move. And playing there regularly will give us a tiny advantage - it can take some adjustment, especially for kickers, to get used to playing on an oval ground.

Comment

Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post
                    SCG is a shit place to watch footy.
                    Yes its crap watching footy there, will be attending a lot less games.

Comment

The Old cricket ground hill was the best ..they shouldve left it ..lost its character.
                      Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Recruitment for 2019 should begin with one Nathan Cleary. And moving Cronk to a coaching/Sensai role.

Comment

I went to the SCG in the members to watch us play the Dragons , didn't see game as its an oval ground it was terrible.Thank goodness for Fox . I will be utilising them when we play at SCG

Comment

The SCG is fine if they offer seating in the stands that are elevated but it’s shit on ground level. I would much prefer the SCG to Gosford and stadium Australia though.

Comment

I vote for Rodney Reserve in Dover Heights.

Comment

Working...
                              X