Steve Renouf nearly a Rooster!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Renouf nearly a Rooster!

I thought Iíd post the article as it gives us supporters a great insight into the way Uncle Nick works,he is such a great person to have leading our Club!
    The longer he stays in charge the better off we all are,heís a great asset to have!

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/05/17/steve-renouf-the-day-i-nearly-signed-with-roosters-for-$1-million-a-year/

That's a good read.

Comment

I can only imagine how many deals he has tried to pull off that have come so close,but no one has ever known about?!?!

Comment

Steve Renouf was always my favourite non-Roosters player I wish we could have signed him but by 1997 he was a bit older wasnít he and not what he was earlier in the decade? Iím glad that Freddy was our marquee man back then

Comment

He was something special. But we did have the poor man's Renouf - Matt Sing.

Comment

Originally posted by 200 IQ View Post
            Steve Renouf was always my favourite non-Roosters player I wish we could have signed him but by 1997 he was a bit older wasnít he and not what he was earlier in the decade? Iím glad that Freddy was our marquee man back then
            He wouldíve been about 27 years old,wouldíve been lethal with him,Freddie,Lam and Walker in the backline!

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
              He was something special. But we did have the poor man's Renouf - Matt Sing.
              Underrated player too he always stepped up in the big moments

Comment

Originally posted by Lydon View Post
                He wouldíve been about 27 years old,wouldíve been lethal with him,Freddie,Lam and Walker in the backline!
                Prime Renouf would have been special in that team, when did he quit the broncos after the 1998 win? I donít seem to remember him in the late 90ís early 00ís and because i didnít have foxtel to watch super league he kind of just disappeared for me

Comment

Underrated player too he always stepped up in the big moments
                  Yes but still a poor man's Renouf.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post

Yes but still a poor man's Renouf.
                    Disagree whilst Renouf was an attacking freak Matt Sing more than held his own in that department and to me was a better defender
                    Until the philosophy which holds on race superior and another inferior Is finally and permanently discredited and abandoned then everywhere is war That until there is no longer 1st class or 2nd class citizens of any nation. Until the colour of a mans skin is of no more significance than the colour of his eyes. Then its a war. That until the basic human rights are equally guaranteed to all without regard to race Then its a war
                    Haile Selassie

Comment

Prime Renouf would have been special in that team, when did he quit the broncos after the 1998 win? I donít seem to remember him in the late 90ís early 00ís and because i didnít have foxtel to watch super league he kind of just disappeared for me
                      i think he retired in 1999,but not totally sure..
                      He played for Wigan in year 2000
                      He did have a lot of injuries near the end though,special player in his prime!

Comment

Matt Sing was a good player,Renouf was a freak!

Comment

Originally posted by Lydon View Post
                          And don't forget we also had the poor mans Fergo, Graham Mackay.

Comment

Originally posted by Waylander View Post

And don't forget we also had the poor mans Fergo, Graham Mackay.
                            Yeh Mackay was a Gus Gould signing,also remember the poor manís Jake Friend,David Oídonnell hahaha

Comment

Mckay went pretty well for us in 1995 Scored a try against Norths at home where he carried about 4 players whilst skirting the sideline I have a feelijng he went to Gold Coast the season after
                              Until the philosophy which holds on race superior and another inferior Is finally and permanently discredited and abandoned then everywhere is war That until there is no longer 1st class or 2nd class citizens of any nation. Until the colour of a mans skin is of no more significance than the colour of his eyes. Then its a war. That until the basic human rights are equally guaranteed to all without regard to race Then its a war
                              Haile Selassie

Comment

Working...
                              X