Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happens when Toops gets back?

Only a few rounds left until Toops gets back,
    I think Manu has been playing well on the wing, although he has dropped a few bombs which have lead to teams bombing down to his side as of late..
    Aubbo has tightened up our defense a lot since he has slotted in the centre but does not offer much in attack.

I think the best thing to do is let Toops get his fitness back playing in Wyong for at least 1-2 weeks then Aubbo/Baptiste would drop out of the side when he slots into wing and pushing Manu back into the right center role. I would prefer to have Baptiste instead of Aubbo so he can play the utility hooking role, giving Jake a must needed rest and we can have Radley playing the role Aubbo plays because he can slot anywhere in the forwards really,

1. Teddy
    2. Toops
    3. Latrell
    4. Manu
    5. Fergo
    6. Keary
    7. Cronk
    8. SST
    9. Friend
    10. Napa
    11. Cordner
    12. Matto
    13. Liu

14. JWH
    15. Tetevano
    16. Radley
    17. Baptiste

Aubbusson will be in the 17, Baptiste will drop out. Radley can play 9 if required and Aubbo gives us cover in case of injuries out wide.

Comment

There is a thread asking if Aubusson should be the utility for SOO & now we have a thread implying Aubusson should be dropped from the 17 once Toups returns.
      Thank God for the Chookpen.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
        There is a thread asking if Aubusson should be the utility for SOO & now we have a thread implying Aubusson should be dropped from the 17 once Toups returns.
        Thank God for the Chookpen.
        Different people, different opinions mate.

I think Aubbo is good but not NSW quality. Thats just the Roosters bias talking if you think he is

Comment

i think we send no one to ori9in. lets the rest of the comp contribute to the channel 9 nein money raising exploit. a full strenght team like the choicie bros and Canberra over this period would be great for a change.

But alas i think Keary, fergo, napsta will be gawn for this $40k money grab.
          1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

Originally posted by roosterproud View Post
            i think we send no one to ori9in. lets the rest of the comp contribute to the channel 9 nein money raising exploit. a full strenght team like the choicie bros and Canberra over this period would be great for a change.

But alas i think Keary, fergo, napsta will be gawn for this $40k money grab.
            I think we would be losing:
            Teddy (for sure)
            Latrell (for sure IMO)
            Keary (although I hope Cleary gets back in time to partner Maloney)
            Cordner

Fergo is in great form but I dont think he will be picked

and Napa will be chosen for QLD
            Last edited by David Bill Williams; 05-17-2018, 12:27 PM.

Comment

I like the idea of allowing Toops some time at Wyong, but if he comes back during Origin then we'll probably need him.

Aubbo to the bench, Radley to fill in for Jake, Kurt the unlucky one to miss out (unless he plays the house down in the next couple of weeks).

Toops coming back will be good for us - he's better suited to running the ball off our line than Joey. But I'd like to see Joey making some runs late in the half - his right foot step can do damage to a tired defence.

Comment

He can compete with Jake as the pen's favourite whipping boy.

I personally love Toops and as much as I also love Maubs, I will prefer to see him back in the second row or on the bench. Our biggest problem will be whether Manu's defence is able to hold up playing back in the centres again.

Comment

Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post
                  Aubbusson will be in the 17, Baptiste will drop out. Radley can play 9 if required and Aubbo gives us cover in case of injuries out wide.
                  Makes sense to me.

Comment

Originally posted by David Bill Williams View Post

I think we would be losing:
                    Teddy (for sure)
                    Keary (although I hope Cleary gets back in time to partner Maloney)
                    Cordner

Fergo is in great form but I dont think he will be picked

and Napa will be chosen for QLD
                    Freddy could pick Latrell, I think Fergo will be there as well. If Keary, Teddy and Cords and Napa go we could be missing SIX.

Comment

Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post

Freddy could pick Latrell, I think Fergo will be there as well. If Keary, Teddy and Cords and Napa go we could be missing SIX.
                      How the f*** did I miss Latrell, he will be there for sure

Comment

As good as Fergo has been this year, I Don't think Freddy will pick him. Has made some remarks about a clean slate from those of the past.
                        I think his wingers will come from Addo-Car, Nick Cotric (freddy loves him), and Tommy Turbo (another freddy fave)

Comment

is Keary NSW? i remember an article a couple of years ago about him trying to be qld. has he accepted that he has to be NSW?

Comment

Originally posted by HBK View Post
                            is Keary NSW? i remember an article a couple of years ago about him trying to be qld. has he accepted that he has to be NSW?
                            His heart is with QLD and he even trained with the QLD squad in 2015 or something but unfortunately for him he is only eligible for NSW and apparently Freddy has convinced him he is a NSWer.

If his heart is not in it I hope he doesnt get picked. Sorry to sound selfish but I would rather him play for us Chooks then to play for NSW where his heart isn't in it and he's only doing it for the cheque

Comment

Originally posted by mightyrooster View Post
                              He can compete with Jake as the pen's favourite whipping boy.

I personally love Toops and as much as I also love Maubs, I will prefer to see him back in the second row or on the bench. Our biggest problem will be whether Manu's defence is able to hold up playing back in the centres again.
                              Totally agree.

Comment

Working...
                              X