Interesting question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting question

When we had a penalty shot and Mitchell was lining it up, I noticed all the Warriors players in their usual huddle singing Kombaya with their heads down.

Can the kicker toe the ball through ten metres, pick it up and score? Because there was no Warriors players spread across the try line..in fact they werent even paying attention to the kick?

Is that legal?
    Exonerate the West Memphis Three - www.wm3.org

No. If the team has indicated they are kicking for goal - that is what they have to do.
    "Do you expect me to talk"? "No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die".

Comment

Originally posted by Roosterfarian View Post
      Is that legal?
      It used to be.............................mind you , the rules change every round now.

During a penalty shot, the defending team must defend their line in case the ball hits the cross bar or fails to go dead.

Comment

Parra scored a try in the eighties like this
        Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Originally posted by 007 View Post
          No. If the team has indicated they are kicking for goal - that is what they have to do.
          I suppose Mitchell could kick it very, very badly. Like along the ground towards the corner post into the waiting arms of an attacker.

Comment

Originally posted by The Brain View Post
            Parra scored a try in the eighties like this
            You’re an old bastard!

Comment

All those obscure little rules have been removed, e.g the play the ball area, hence making an opportunistic unpredictable game boring and predictable, and easier to ref and control outcomes.

Comment

He has to make a genuine attempt at kicking the goal.

Technically he could've 'accidentally' shanked it and just picked it up and scored.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

Technically he could've 'accidentally' shanked it and just picked it up and scored.
                  After the slater drop kick then everything is standard attempt I guess.

Comment

yes that's correct R6 the intent has to be there

Comment

Yes must make a genuine attempt at goal. However you can say you are going for touch and turn around and drop kick a penalty goal.

Comment

So if a goal kick comes back/rebounds off the posts, towards the goal kicker, can he pick up the ball and score a try?

Comment

Originally posted by crikey chris View Post

So if a goal kick comes back/rebounds off the posts, towards the goal kicker, can he pick up the ball and score a try?
                          Of course!

Comment

Originally posted by crikey chris View Post

I have seen a few tries scored off missed penalty goals, I remember Mark Harris scoring when Ken Wright skewed a goal across the face of goal at the Sports Ground against Cronulla in 1979, the ball bounced into the in goal and Harris swooped on it to score. Kevin Hastings hit the up right up with a penalty kick at goal at Penrith Park in 1980 and the ball was regathered and was passed out to Ian Schubert who scored.

Comment

Souffs got one today, I actually thought Reynolds knocked on facing the wrong way but they gave it...souffs.

Comment

Working...
                              X