No announcement yet.

What the hell has happened to wyong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll be at Henson Park this Saturday to watch Glebe play. I've been helping with them of late, it's a great story.

Easts should take over Glebe. Easts were one of the clubs that stood up against Souffs and Balmain when the league kicked them out. Souffs and Balmain had a monopoly over the competition back then.

Interesting that Newtown are playing the preliminary game against Norths with Glebe playing at 3pm.

Should be a great arvo of park footy!
    Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Louis N View Post
      I
      Unfortunately this experiment was never going to work as Wyong juniors are overlooked for the Rooster guys. So it benefits neither club. The Newtown connection didn't help our juniors but was more consistent as the players were training and playing in much closer proximity.
      This , yep.

Comment

Originally posted by Louis N View Post
        It really doesn't surprise me. They have the names to be playing a whole lot better than that. But most of these guys mentioned are training with the Roosters and then off to Wyong for a weekend game. So it's not as if Wyong Roos are training as a team together.

Unfortunately this experiment was never going to work as Wyong juniors are overlooked for the Rooster guys. So it benefits neither club. The Newtown connection didn't help our juniors but was more consistent as the players were training and playing in much closer proximity.

They did make the grand final last year but they seem to be playing without team spirit or cohesion. That is probably related to the lack of future prospects with Wyong pulling the plug. Last days of a marriage are never the best.
        Depends how bad the marriage was

Comment

Didn't Easts buy Woy Woy in the Central Coast?

Cannot remember exactly whether it was the club, team or everything?

Comment

Originally posted by Vasco View Post
            I'll be at Henson Park this Saturday to watch Glebe play. I've been helping with them of late, it's a great story.

Easts should take over Glebe. Easts were one of the clubs that stood up against Souffs and Balmain when the league kicked them out. Souffs and Balmain had a monopoly over the competition back then.

Interesting that Newtown are playing the preliminary game against Norths with Glebe playing at 3pm.

Should be a great arvo of park footy!
            Nice mate. Is that Massey Cup??? I have NFI about the structures now.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

I know one of the assistant coaches left Wyong because he got sick of doing all the work with little possibility of progressing. He reckons Rip Taylor has been promising to step down from the head coaching role for a while but just continues to hang in there. The assistant coaches were doing all the skills and defensive work and Rip, who he describes as 'old school', would just step in on game days and take control. If the players have gone backwards, then maybe what this guy was saying has some truth. Obviously only one side of the story, the poster from Wyong Roos might know more

Comment

So what do we do next year for our reggies?

Comment

Originally posted by Kelby View Post
                  So what do we do next year for our reggies?
                  Um...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cent...n_Rugby_League

That is presumably the comp the Roos will go back to? Easts will just pick another one from that comp (maybe the Woy Woy Roosters), move the players contracted to Easts (FPN, Cornish, Vunakece, Collins, Frei, Robinson, Baptiste plus a few others) over there and take control of their playing roster. IMO a number of Wyong players will probably move over (magically - so they get to play for an NRL reserve-grade team + earn some $$$... $20k or whatever is decent coin for a random tradie who will never play NRL) and we will continue to play at the same ground.

IMO not much will change and Wyong has probably shot itself in the foot by rejecting us.

PS - why is that team not winning?

1. Robinson
                  7. Cornish
                  8. FPN
                  9. Baptiste
                  10. Frei
                  11. Vunakece
                  12. Collins

... basically because we lack a decent halves pairing and any form of wingers/backs? I rate a lot of those players so it is pretty sad seeing them get themped. What does this say about Easts development? IMO at least half these guys SHOULD be NRL quality by now.

My other bet is that:
                  - Radley is already 1st grade quality so they are down a half.
                  - We COULD take better halves and wingers away from NYC but nobody WANTS a Roos contract because you are not on Easts books and nobody is going anywhere by impressing a sitting duck coach who will be demoted to Central Coasts local comp very soon. Previously, fringe players who could carve up in NSW Cup )like Slime Ankle) would be willing to sign with them because there was a small window of opportunity that they might get an NRL call-up to a champion team if everybody gets injured.
                  Last edited by ism22; 05-01-2018, 07:01 PM.

Comment

What about the Campbelltown Roosters?

Comment

If you think they are going bad
                      Another Rooster related team just had this happen to them.
                      Group 2 Rugby League
                      The Sawtell Panthers led a depleted Nambucca Heads ROOSTERS' outfit 62-0 at HALF TIME when time was called on the contest at Rex Hardaker Oval. 22 April 2018

Comment

Originally posted by 200 IQ View Post
                        Just a quick look at the Wyong stats shows me Faumasilli can barely run for 80 metres so I’m not sure how a guy being average in an average standard of footy is the answer in top level NRL football but he’s the hipsters’ flavour of 2018 so I’m sure it’ll be a never ending call for him to be called up.
                        Not bad for a bloke who only gets 40 mins a game and for some stupid reason is used as a decoy far too often, when Baptiste comes on the Farmer gets plenty of ball, bends the line and offloads, that Wyong contracted hooker is rubbish and will only feed a couple of blokes, maybe ge5 to a game instead of relying on stats that are far too over rated to mean anything
                        Bringer of Rain, Embrace the Hate, Freedom for All

Comment

Originally posted by The Thracian View Post

Not bad for a bloke who only gets 40 mins a game and for some stupid reason is used as a decoy far too often, when Baptiste comes on the Farmer gets plenty of ball, bends the line and offloads, that Wyong contracted hooker is rubbish and will only feed a couple of blokes, maybe ge5 to a game instead of relying on stats that are far too over rated to mean anything
                          I don't need to get to a game to know that a team getting belted week in, week out in reserve grade isn't going to offer us many improvements for first grade besides I saw them play against the Warrios and they weren't impressive in what was apparently one of their better performances this year.

Comment

Originally posted by 200 IQ View Post

I don't need to get to a game to know that a team getting belted week in, week out in reserve grade isn't going to offer us many improvements for first grade besides I saw them play against the Warrios and they weren't impressive in what was apparently one of their better performances this year.
                            If the backs are turnstyles and arm grabbers, your halves clueless and your starting hooker has tunnel vision, your forwards have little chance to dominate, Wyong is the complete opposite to our first grade predicament
                            Bringer of Rain, Embrace the Hate, Freedom for All

Comment

Don't matter what Rip Taylor is like. It's a big negative to have a reserve grade coach who doesn't answer to Robbo. Taylor is coaching a team that puts the benefit of our first grade efforts as a 2nd priority.
                              Last edited by eddie; 05-02-2018, 01:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelby View Post
                                What about the Campbelltown Roosters?
                                Group 6 should be considered as an option for sure- Roosters did have plans in that area buying land for a new ground at Harrington Park and new club but that was ditched and they sold the land instead to I think Bunnings(Westfields) - many clubs in the so called Wests Tigers catchment are not happy at all either with the lack of involvement from what is still a dysfunctional set up-especially my old team and Jarryd Haynes - The mighty East Campbelltown Eagles - Tigers have no money or leagues club and Wests have the money and two very financial leagues clubs - Wests at Ashfield and Wests at Leumeah (Campbelltown) right next to Campbelltown stadium and Wests currently own at least 75% of the franchise which somehow has it's head quarters based at Concord - old Balmain Tigers area instead.

Definitely an opportunity in group 6 especially with the number of new estates being built - Ermington Park/ Leppington being expanded / Gregory Hills/ Oran Park and in the future Badgerys creek etc - sadly the race track is gone at Oran Park -remember going there a lot for car/motor bike/ motor bike sidecar races - even seen the Italian world champion 500 cc Motor Cycle champion race there too- Giacomo Agostini- Also the African Lion Safari too - we had to get the people running the place to help us out as Two of Lions jumped on the bonnet of my Dads Valiant charger station wagon and they wouldn't get off - Not good to look through the windscreen at two Lions staring back at you and sizing you up as a possible meal one has to say - several knuckle heads even got out of their vehicles to take a closer pic of Lions even - crazy stuff
                                Last edited by King Salvo; 05-02-2018, 01:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X