Nat Butcher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nat Butcher

As someone from out of Sydney I haven’t seen a lot of Nat Butcher but have been impressed with his 2 outings over the last fortnight. He’s so different to our pack, very Corey Parker like I think. Have heard about his offload and against Rabbits he got one away that in my opinion was actually too good for how we play. Early days but gee I like him as a big minute middle 3rd for us.

He'll be a really really good 80 minute No.13 in a few years.

Reminds me a lot of a young Paul Gallen actually, but minus the dickhead.

We should lock him up long term ASAP.

Comment

He failed to impress last year, but has shown a bit in the last two games. Looks like a footballer.
      Lacks size, but plays with purpose.

Comment

He's very sensible and responsible for his age.

His younger brother Egan is the jewel in the crown. By far our most impressive player in SG Ball. Like his bro he grew up a prized vermin junior playing mainly 5/8 and lock. Excellent ball playing skills.

According to Weidler's column in Sunday's Herald, Egan is highly sought after especially by Nth Qld (bloody Peter Parr loves raiding our stocks) but looks likely to sign with us.

Comment

I'm a huge Butcher fan.

I love what I've seen the past two weeks and I hope he's a mainstay for the rest of the year.

A middle 3rd forward who can offload is exactly what we need.

Comment

The 20's GF the Chooks won a few years ago was thanks to his leadership and skill.
            If he doesn't drop the ball or miss tackles, he'll be in the 17 every week.
            ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Very impressed by Butcher this year. When he gains confidence and more minutes we”ll see his offloading ability. Should be the long term ball playing lock we so desperately need.

Comment

I am certain we are on a winner here .he will get better and better.
                Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Souths will cry that we stole one of theirs, however, the reality is that they didn't even offer him a contract. I think they just expected him to stay out of loyalty. Hope he and his brother cause mayhem for years to come for the Roosters.
                  Sickie Lame .... King of Bestiality

Comment

Isn't he the reason the Vermin Juniors kicked the Rooster junior teams out of their comp ?

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkeye View Post
                      Isn't he the reason the Vermin Juniors kicked the Rooster junior teams out of their comp ?
                      Yep, we took a few of them, think Momorovski was another one

Comment

When crighton comes who drops out of 17. Cause like you ive enjoyed him playing, im liking all the youngsters coming through instead of buying them as adults like manu, Latrell, radley and now him

Comment

When Crighton arrives, someone will be moving on.

And IMO 100% guaranteed it'll be Aubusson, probably to score a good retirement paycheck with the Titans for a year or two.

Comment

I've been supporting Nat here too and likening him the Corey Parker. Plays a very intelligent and aware game and is a willing workhhorse. I think he could fit in anywhere in the pack, although back row seems natural given his size. I think we have him under lock and key as a few clubs have shown interest. I heard Dean Pay was keen to see him in a Bulldogs jumper for one. His form throughout the 2016 season when we took out the U-20's was terrific. Plus he stood up strong and piloted our comeback in the second half.

Butcher scored our first try from sheer determination and was extra busy in defense and offloading that opened spaces for our wider runners. Radley was also outstanding and these two are our future hopes and rising stars. Plus as Gman mentioned earlier, younger brother Egan is coming along nicely and has been a regular in the junior rep sides but obviously a long way from first grade yet. Nat debuted against the Broncos in late 2016 and has been brought along quietly.

But Robbo has stated that his is now a first grade player pushing for a berth.

Comment

I haven’t seen anything to match the hype at the moment. Appears to me to be too small at the moment. I know he is still very young for a forward, but I can’t see him being a world beater. More than happy to be proven wrong!!
                              Red, White and Bluesters!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X