Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matterson no longer the junior burger

Given the plethora of negative rants of late....& deservedly so

Our most youthful 80 min forward is currently IMO the best player in our pack

improving with each game his energy & commitment is earning praise
    "Qui audet adipiscitur"

WHO DARES WINS

I'm a fan, his latest tries show he supports well like fitzy used to pop up in places to dive on a ball etc.

Maybe could develop an offload?

Comment

Originally posted by stringaz View Post
      I'm a fan, his latest tries show he supports well like fitzy used to pop up in places to dive on a ball etc.

Maybe could develop an offload?
      he does have one ive noticed it pop up now and again, but like rest of the team they never seem to use it.

Comment

With due respect, he's not a first grader. At best a bench player. Falls on the ball over the line 3 times and now he's our best player?
        When was the last time you've seen him make/create a line break or make a dominant tackle?
        SST for me has stepped up but unlucky with his knee. He'll be back with a strong impact

Comment

Liu has escaped scrutiny on here for being a passenger the last few games. Especially when Matterson has been getting it done
          ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Does some good things but undoes a lot of it with his defence. Sometimes is like a statue in defence. One of the main reasons Souffs tore us a new one last week. He, Napa and JWH you could drive the Queen Mary past.....

But hey he is a Supercoach fave as he scored a couple of tries.

I'm hoping he plays more like he did against the Sharks tomorrow night. He had a good game that night....
            Last edited by 4 the all in brawl; 04-18-2018, 10:47 PM.
            Originally posted by Bondi Boy

Pathetic!
            What a rabble we are.

Oh well, maybe next year

Comment

Originally posted by Darkone View Post
              Given the plethora of negative rants of late....& deservedly so

Our most youthful 80 min forward is currently IMO the best player in our pack

improving with each game his energy & commitment is earning praise
              Cordner whose form was down in the first four rounds was poor due to lacking fitness and some confidence after virtually no pre season due to the World Cup and Stem cell therapy has started to hit his straps.

Cordners form in last two games comfortably make him the best player in our pack. Punching out well over 100m a game of some of the harder runs to make and a sh*tload of work and cleaning up in defense.

Matto still has some improving to do before he can take that mantle.

Originally posted by boogie

"There's a lot of people competing for title of dumbest chookpen member such as Tommy S, Rusty, Johnny, ROC, Tobin but without a doubt you are the worst, youre thick as a brick christ this is the dumbest thing I've read in a long time you should go back to supporting the panthers"

Comment

I want ugly mean aggressive forwards not Mr.Universe wannabes.

Comment

Cordner and tko are our best forwards no doubt. But really pleased with how matterson is coming along.

Comment

Really pleased with Matto this year...one of our few consistent players.

I think people confuse aggression with mouth frothing and chest beating.

He bends the line forward with the ball and back without it, which is what I want from the forwards.

Comment

Matterson has been one of our best all season, and his versatility means he can slot in wherever there's a gap that needs to be filled if an injury happens mid game - he moved seamlessly into the centres when Joey came off injured against the Sharks.

I only hope that the signing of Crighton for next year doesn't mean that young Matto loses out. He has earned his place in the team and deserves to keep it.

Mean, angry and aggressive forwards give away too many penalties in the modern game - and we can't afford to do that. We struggle to maintain an even share of possession as it is!
                      Supporting the RW&B, through good times and bad times.

Comment

I think Matto is improving nicely but Cords and SST are clearly our best forwards. I'd like to see Matto improve his defence and ability to off-load - assuming Robbo allows our forwards to offload!. He used to be a five-eighth so surely must have some passing skills there.

Comment

Matto and Latrell are really our form players at the moment -Matto is a forward in progress ..I wouldnt be surprised in two years he could be the top forward in the comp.Remembering he is back turned forward 1.5 years ago ...Once his work rate lifts and he starts moving the ball he will be very good.
                          Thats what i want to see from Matto he can passa ball and needs to run into position and start offloading as his big frame says he can
                          Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

If matto is our form forward that doesnt say much for the rest. Hes no sims or frizel thats for sure

Comment

No wonder we suck this season when Matterson is our best in the pack

Comment

Working...
                              X