Hot Gossip From The Lurker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Gossip From The Lurker

The NRL Lurker: Sydney Roosters coach Trent Robinson on collision course with Nick Politis over Jake Friend's playing time

April 15, 2018 11:43pm EDT

Trent Robinson is feeling the heat at the Roosters - and needs to make a massive call in coming weeks.

The Roosters are under-performing and one of their major problems is hooker Jake Friend’s struggles at dummy half.

Friend is still good for 50 tackles a game but is giving the team little in attack, taking poor options and playing without confidence.

The Roosters look far more dangerous when youngster Victor Radley comes off the bench to replace Friend and he should be in the starting side.

But there is a problem: Roosters supremo Nick Politis loves Friend - who is one of the game’s best redemption stories.

He won’t take well to the veteran hooker getting the chop - leaving Robinson in a bind.

Just stating the obvious. Nick loved Pearce as well but he bought Cronk, I would give Nick credit for being able to let Robbo stand Friend down if it was for the good of the team. Maybe give it another week, but something might happen before ANZAC Day, that's a very important game for us every year.

Comment

I dare say Nick loves winning more than anything, we can only hope Jake is on borrowed time

Comment

The coach is there to make these decisions. Politis shouldn't have a say in this. The club needs one voice for team decisions. Politis is there to look after the club not the team.

Comment

The bright side to all this is that, Robbo can see what we see.

I think it Robbo can surely see himself we are alot more dangerous when Radley is on and it proved when Jake got the hook in the final 10 of the Rabbits game

Team announcement today... Im hoping to see:

9 - Radley
          14- Baptiste

With Friend out for this week due to a "minor" training injury.

Comment

Lurks wrote something else on this expanding actually saying it was social media tip offs..hahahah despo Jounalist
            Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

The Lurker talks more rubbish than Robbo,I wouldn’t take it seriously..

Comment

All it shows is that the Lurker reads The Chookpen

Comment

Originally posted by David Bill Williams View Post

I think it Robbo can surely see himself we are alot more dangerous when Radley is on and it proved when Jake got the hook in the final 10 of the Rabbits game

9 - Radley
                  14- Baptiste

Please make it happen.

I fear not though.

Comment

Originally posted by David Bill Williams View Post

9 - Radley
                    14- Baptiste

What Robbo would have seen that you’re all missing is all the line breaks that Friend mopped up in defence against Souths. And there were a lot of them. Won’t be dropped, neither should he be.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxy Walker View Post

What Robbo would have seen that you’re all missing is all the line breaks that Friend mopped up in defence against Souths. And there were a lot of them. Won’t be dropped, neither should he be.
                      You must have missed Big League Wrap last night,Cronk and Ennis were talking about Friend and he missed about 4 bootlace tackles on Bunnies forwards in a highlight package

Comment

Originally posted by Lydon View Post
                        You must have missed Big League Wrap last night,Cronk and Ennis were talking about Friend and he missed about 4 bootlace tackles on Bunnies forwards in a highlight package
                        Did they show Cronk’s 4 missed tackles?

He missed more than Jake on the night. And Jake made twice as many as him.

Comment

So called "journalists" using the chookpen AGAIN for rumours and scoops lol

Comment

You were discussing Friend’s clean up play which prompted me to point it out..
                            Check it out if you have Foxtel

Comment

But the difference is all other aspects of Jakes play is utter garbage where as you probably picked the only negative on Coopers.

Comment

Working...
                              X