Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which are your Real Deal Teams at this point?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by keggs1 View Post

You must have a short memory.
    Photographic actually, it just never developed

Comment

Originally posted by keggs1 View Post

You are kidding yourself.

Hes on $1 million per year, yes?

If im not mistaken, that’s the most of ANY forward in the competition, yes? Almost the highest paid player in the game.

145m per game and 5th most metres overall for the $1million man is woeful, yes he has gone missing.

He was consistently hitting 200m + last season, mbusting tackles and making line breaks at will. He was destructive last year and was one of the two main players that dragged the cowboys to the GF.

A shadow of the player he was last year.
      His stat's are down on last year and he's not going as well as his best. But id take it at our club in a heartbeat. How. Much do you think cordner and jwh are on at our club? Not a million but both would be up around the 700k mark. They aren't even going 100m a week per average before this last game.

The cows have started slow and lolo is no exception. But they will bounce back sooner rather than later.
      ​​​​

​​​​
      ​​​​​​

Comment

If Taumalolo is missing then what’s Boyd Cordner been all year? He’s been woeful until last week, there was one game where he ran for about 60 metres. Taumalolo’s worst has been 110 metres.

JWH can’t event get in to the starting line up.

Comment

Originally posted by 200 IQ View Post
          If Taumalolo is missing then what’s Boyd Cordner been all year? He’s been woeful until last week, there was one game where he ran for about 60 metres. Taumalolo’s worst has been 110 metres.

JWH can’t event get in to the starting line up.
          True... the NSW captain and the SBW of Union have been underwhelming.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post
            True... the NSW captain and the SBW of Union have been underwhelming.
            Boyd raised the bar a bit last week.
            I was always thinking he'd struggle early after the world cup garbage and his knee.
            He might've been better served missing the first couple of rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelby View Post
              Who will we lose for soo?

Cordner
              Napa
              Fergo

Not a major problem?
              In comes Butcher, Collins and Toops.
              You're joking aren't you?

Comment

These were my ‘real deal’ teams after 5 rounds. By real deal teams I mean teams that I think can win the comp.

1.Warriors
                2. St George
                3. West Tigers
                4.Manly
                5. Penrith

Now after 15 rounds, only 3 teams survive namely Warriors, St George and Penrith with Manly and West Tigers dropping out.

My real deal teams now based on current and recent form are:

1. Sydney Roosters
                2. South Sydney
                3. Penrith
                4. St George
                5. Warriors

As for the Melbourne Storm I don’t consider them a real threat to take the title because there are too many teams much better than them. They need to be much more consistent to earn a real deal place.
                Last edited by roosterchook; 06-17-2018, 04:13 PM.
                “Soon will the present day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead”- (Baha’u’llah)

Comment

I don't have the Warriors as a real deal team. I doubt they can win 3 or 4 in a row away from NZ against quality opposition when it matters.

I would replace them with the Storm although I preface this with no team in over 20 years has gone back to back in a combined comp and no one in the NRL era.

I agree with the rest of your recent list.

Best Regards
                  Last edited by The Coach; 06-17-2018, 08:21 PM. Reason: Didnt know the Storm result until later...

Comment

Originally posted by roosterchook View Post
                    These were my ‘real deal’ teams after 5 rounds. By real deal teams I mean teams that I think can win the comp.

1.Warriors
                    2. St George
                    3. West Tigers
                    4.Manly
                    5. Penrith

Now after 15 rounds, only 3 teams survive namely Warriors, St George and Penrith with Manly and West Tigers dropping out.

My real deal teams now based on current and recent form are:

1. Sydney Roosters
                    2. South Sydney
                    3. Penrith
                    4. St George
                    5. Warriors

As for the Melbourne Storm I don’t consider them a real threat to take the title because there are too many teams much better than them. They need to be much more consistent to earn a real deal place.
                    I wouldn't be completely writing the storm off just yet. I agree they haven't been as good as the last two years but they have had a lot more injuries this year. All the teams you mentioned are in the mix and it is refreshing to see some different teams up the top end of the ladder this year.

Comment

In all honesty, if we continue to play to our potential like we did against Penrith, and that’s a big IF, then I can only see it being between us and Souths tbh.

Penrith’s injury crisis is finally starting to catch up to them, and it’s only getting worse: Edwards, Blake, Mansour, RCG, Wallace, Kikau, McKendry. They’ve been valiant so far but they will struggle.

Dragons are starting to be worked out and Mary still hasn’t figured out that you can’t play at 100 miles an hour for the entire season. They look to be slowing a touch and they need a reinvigoration.

Souths do look good on the back of Cook and Crichton, two lads I find hard to dislike, and now that the Burgess boys have to been told to hold the ball rather than intentionally lose it to gain penalties, they’re in career best form.

Cant write off the Storm with their big and experienced players. With Cronk gone and Slater getting on they may just be finally over the hill, but you just can’t write them off.

Warriors have faded and now only look good agains the lesser teams. Still can’t play consistently enough to be considered major players, but if they go on a hot streak they could cause serious damage.

Sharks and Broncos will make up the 8.

- Cooper Cronk' scapula.

Comment

The return of Hodgson today for the Raiders was significant. That side has deffinately struggled without him and his impact off the bench was immediate. When he gets back to being the starting hooker for them, they will be quite strong and I wouldn’t be surprised to see them make the eight. If Hodgson wasn’t injured this year, they would probably be at least 4 games better than where they are now and challenging for a top four birth.
                        Last edited by rented tracksuit; 06-18-2018, 02:08 PM.
                        FVCK CANCER

Comment

1. Souffs
                          2. Dragons
                          3. Storm
                          4. Roosters

Comment

Saints will disappear with the penalty blitz. Their whole game plan is to get penalties. In the finals they won't have the character to stand up when it gets tough.

Still not sold on Souffs. Their forwards are great but their backline is very average.

Penriff have already exceeded expectations. Don't take them seriously either.

Worriers are hanging in there but could fall off a cliff at any moment.

That leaves us and Melbourne.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
                              Saints will disappear with the penalty blitz. Their whole game plan is to get penalties. In the finals they won't have the character to stand up when it gets tough.

Still not sold on Souffs. Their forwards are great but their backline is very average.

Penriff have already exceeded expectations. Don't take them seriously either.

Worriers are hanging in there but could fall off a cliff at any moment.

That leaves us and Melbourne.
                              Agreed JT..
                              I’ve never seen a team so lucky with penalties on such a regular basis like the Dragons,they seem to always be on the right side of calls..
                              Look at the Nene McDonald try against us this year,the Brett Morris foot in touch in the 2010 GF,the Euan Aitken lie down,Brett Finch copping 10 in the bin when provoked on Anzac Day,I can go on and on..
                              For me it’s Easts,Melbourne or Souths to win the comp!

Comment

Dragons, Penrith, roosters. The winner will come from these three.

Comment

Working...
                                X