• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darkone View Post

Correction..

His last game was against Australia In the cup

He was epic
    No, they didnt play against Australia in the Cup, they lost to England......anyway World Cup is tiddlywinks compared to NRL finals....
    Originally posted by Bondi Boy

Pathetic!
    What a rabble we are.

Oh well, maybe next year

Comment

Originally posted by bondi paul View Post
      The best exponent of the play the ball I’ve ever seen the original and true Axe - Bunny Reilly - he was quick to his feet BUT his technique so good to watch. Somewhat hard to describe however he had both hands on the ball as it went beneath him then connected the ball with his boot like as he was heeling the ball. A timing thing.
      For what it’s worth it’s worth googling a old roosters game to see it and it’s in the clip someone posted a while ago that was part of a Saturday arvo flashback at the time of Artie, Peardy and Warren Boland ABC Broadcasts.In it Artie remembers a old team mate John Dykes. Bunny was the best.
      Bunny used to drop the ball towards the ground and then heel it back with his foot just as the ball hit the ground, looked awkward but it was effective. He couldn't do it these days as the coaches would be in to him for taking too long to get to his feet

Comment

Originally posted by 4 the all in brawl View Post

No, they didnt play against Australia in the Cup, they lost to England......anyway World Cup is tiddlywinks compared to NRL finals....
        whatever, my point still stands against you're pi$$weak assumption
        "Qui audet adipiscitur"

WHO DARES WINS

Comment

And what is your point??????

Jared is shit????

Lol, I'm backing him for a big season...

If he does will you bump this one and eat some humble pie?

I doubt it as u only bump threads like premiership prediction ones back in 13 when it was pretty obvious we would win with SBW etc....

A lot of my mates who followed other teams thought we would win it before a ball was kicked in 13 based on the squad we assembled back then so your call before season started was no biggie imo.

Might also pay to do some research before sprouting off ludricous statements like Lolo played well against the Aussie's in the World Cup last year....

But I'm the one who makes pissweak statements, at least they are fact based...
          Last edited by 4 the all in brawl; 02-16-2018, 01:50 PM.
          Originally posted by Bondi Boy

Pathetic!
          What a rabble we are.

Oh well, maybe next year

Comment

Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post

Bunny used to drop the ball towards the ground and then heel it back with his foot just as the ball hit the ground, looked awkward but it was effective. He couldn't do it these days as the coaches would be in to him for taking too long to get to his feet
            It was effective - it looked as though he dropped the ball but held the ball two handedly. I don’t recall him being slow to his feet. The play the ball back in those days the majority of players were slow to their feet. Fairfax was quick to play it.

Comment

It was effective - it looked as though he dropped the ball but held the ball two handedly. I don’t recall him being slow to his feet. The play the ball back in those days the majority of players were slow to their feet. Fairfax was quick to play it.
              not having good day with memory as posters have pointed out but I think the word that sums up the ptb in days gone by as “deliberate”. In those days the marker could strike and challenge for the ball

Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

He was epic
                Lol

Comment

You have been owned

Comment

His play the ball would not have been considered slow back in the 70's, but his manner of playing the ball would mean he would take an age to get to his feet in the modern game. That was the point I was making

Comment

Jarrod is still a good prop but i don't think he is as good as he was before the knee injury.Hes always been penalty prone but other areas of his game compensated for that.See how he goes this year the back end of last year was fairly average imo,calling out Taumolo was not real bright. he needs to lift his game this year.

Comment

Originally posted by kakaruk View Post
                        Jarrod is still a good prop but i don't think he is as good as he was before the knee injury.Hes always been penalty prone but other areas of his game compensated for that.See how he goes this year the back end of last year was fairly average imo,calling out Taumolo was not real bright. he needs to lift his game this year.
                        He never called out Taumolo. The journalist who wrote the article twisted his words to make it sound like he was. JWH was asked about stopping Taumolo and he acknowledged what a great player he was and that they were looking forward to trying to stop him from being effective. Somehow the journo twisted that to say that JWH was gunning for him

Comment

It's amazing how nobody believes the press in here man.

But a journalist runs a headline saying Jared was gunning for Taumalolo and all on here think that the journo's statement was fact. It was clearly an embellishment of the stock standard answer any prop talks about playing an opposition team talking about how they were going to try to nullify the oppositions strength.

Good on you Headless for helping clarify this misnomer.

I'm also backing Jared to have a good year this year. We won't see him like he was at his peak but he will be very good.
                          Originally posted by King Salvo 'Tedesco and Woods will be more than likely Dogs signings but both will give Tigers last shot - we are not in the race anymore'

Comment

Correction..

He was epic
                            Quite possibly the dumbest post of the year so far dudes.
                            Originally posted by King Salvo 'Tedesco and Woods will be more than likely Dogs signings but both will give Tigers last shot - we are not in the race anymore'

Comment

Originally posted by roostersrule2 View Post
                              How did Liu have an underwhelming season?

He was a tad slow to start but he was probably our best forward bar Cordner last year.
                              He finished the season strongly but was really poor for the first 2 thirds of the season. A good finish doesn't make up for that...

Comment

& unfortunately you're only as good as your last......
                                Worst logic ever.

Would make Don Bradman Australia's worst batsman...

Comment

Working...
                                X