JWH is in for a rough year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Lip View Post
    I don't get the anti jwh sentiment. I think he is one of the few that can dominate a game - yes he doesn't do it week in week out and we need to find a way to get that out of him more consistently. That's up to the coaching staff. In that enforcer role if that causes penalties we have to cop that.

I think Jwh will have a great season this year running off better placed balls from Cronk. A little bit of space to let him wind up is what he needs and I think he gets it this year - just a little bit is all that's needed to let him get to top pace before contact and I think Cronk might just provide that.
    JWH will still usually run off Friend, not Cronk.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkeye View Post
      Also throw in not facing square when playing the ball. Burgo G, last year in one game played the ball facing the sideline ....ref didn't even blink !
      Well he blinked very, very slowly Hawkeye. Kept his eyes closed as soon as he saw George facing sideways. That was a farce. As are most of Andrew Fifita's play the balls.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkeye View Post
        Also throw in not facing square when playing the ball. Burgo G, last year in one game played the ball facing the sideline ....ref didn't even blink !
        Are you sure about that ?
        I am not sure I ever saw a Burgii play the ball, because they couldn't catch it first
        The Internet is a place for posting silly things
        Try and be serious and you will look stupid
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post

JWH will still usually run off Friend, not Cronk.
          Can't argue with that - hope Cronk can turn friend into smith then.

Comment

Nothing wrong with Friend's service. We've had numerous props have exceptional seasons running off him.

JWH had a good year last year but he was forced into a different role. He was the toiler, not the aggressor. Unfortunately he had to take on the burden of playing long minutes, making the metres & making the tackles because we struggled at times through the middle third especially during the Origin period when we lost players to rep duty & injury.

SST & Cordner missed a lot of footy. Liu & Napa both had underwhelming seasons by their standards.

I thought his performances this year were admirable, takes a lot to sacrifice the plaudits for what's best for the team.

If he can get some support this year from the other middles he can go back to being his destructive self.

Comment

How did Liu have an underwhelming season?

He was a tad slow to start but he was probably our best forward bar Cordner last year.

Comment

Originally posted by roostersrule2 View Post
                How did Liu have an underwhelming season?

He was a tad slow to start but he was probably our best forward bar Cordner last year.
                Agree Liu had a very strong second half of the season and was close to our second best behind Cordner.

JWH's numbers were actually very good last year, just wasn't the intimidating and blockbusting angry beast as in the past but his output was quite high.

His last game unfortunately is what most of us remember his last season by which was probably his poorest game of the season.....
                Originally posted by Bondi Boy

Pathetic!
                What a rabble we are.

Oh well, maybe next year

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
                  Nothing wrong with Friend's service.
                  A few years ago maybe but lately as in the last few seasons it's been very slow, full of double pumps that make it even slower than it already was and idiotic kicking in general play like at times on the 3rd or 4th tackle, admittedly a few of his grubbers in the ingoal have been effective but that's because we had Pearce who only knew how to find the deadball line.

Comment

Originally posted by 4 the all in brawl View Post

Agree Liu had a very strong second half of the season and was close to our second best behind Cordner.

JWH's numbers were actually very good last year, just wasn't the intimidating and blockbusting angry beast as in the past but his output was quite high.

His last game unfortunately is what most of us remember his last season by which was probably his poorest game of the season.....
                    Liu was terrific at the important end of the season and his rise in form started when he played his 100th game in the RWB and scored a rare try. He and Tetevano I enjoy immensely - I’d like to see Tets be a starting player with Napa to the bench. Napa in my opinion is better suited to the bench where he started his career in 1sts

Comment

& unfortunately you're only as good as your last......
                      "Qui audet adipiscitur"

WHO DARES WINS

Comment

Ive said this before JWH is instructed to give penalties away by the coaching staff. The no foot on the ball when playing it is coached into the players.
                        I have no problem with either of those points but I don have a problem with JWH showing no aggression since him & his lovely missus have had a baby daughter.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkone View Post

& unfortunately you're only as good as your last......
                          Taumalolo had a shit game in the grand final so you suggest he is crap too?
                          Originally posted by Bondi Boy

Pathetic!
                          What a rabble we are.

Oh well, maybe next year

Comment

Originally posted by kakaruk View Post
                            To quicken the play,players will play the ball sometimes while nearly still getting to their feet.Some of the big boppers like jarod instead of trying this quick play business should get to their feet,shove the marker back if hes crowding him and play the ball,its as simple as that imo
                            Worked OK in the " old days" - but then if you got hit you could hit back.

Comment

The best exponent of the play the ball I’ve ever seen the original and true Axe - Bunny Reilly - he was quick to his feet BUT his technique so good to watch. Somewhat hard to describe however he had both hands on the ball as it went beneath him then connected the ball with his boot like as he was heeling the ball. A timing thing.
                              For what it’s worth it’s worth googling a old roosters game to see it and it’s in the clip someone posted a while ago that was part of a Saturday arvo flashback at the time of Artie, Peardy and Warren Boland ABC Broadcasts.In it Artie remembers a old team mate John Dykes. Bunny was the best.
                              Last edited by bondi paul; 02-15-2018, 07:27 PM.

Comment

Taumalolo had a shit game in the grand final so you suggest he is crap too?
                                Correction..

His last game was against Australia In the cup

He was epic
                                "Qui audet adipiscitur"

WHO DARES WINS

Comment

Working...
                                X