Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pressure & Expectations. Who’s next to go if no premiership?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PeeGee View Post

Still think Robbo thought we do better than the shyte the team dished up. I reckon he intended to move Matto into the forwards, and shift Latrell to centre with Toups on.
    unfortunatey for Robbo, the team could not have played any worse for the entire game. Error after error after error. Fark.
    Cords said it after the game, we didn't defend our errors, Pearce may have copped the brunt and is gone, but that attempted tackle on feldt by latrell in the corner haunted me for a while

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

I’d have played Matto too cause at least he can tackle. It wasn’t Matto who let us down it was our props who played like fricken girls.
      Gee, after watching the girls play in the cup final today, I reckon they could get a start with us. I'd watch that regularly.

Originally posted by PeeGee View Post

Still think Robbo thought we do better than the shyte the team dished up. I reckon he intended to move Matto into the forwards, and shift Latrell to centre with Toups on.
      unfortunatey for Robbo, the team could not have played any worse for the entire game. Error after error after error. Fark.
      I like Trent, he's tops but what he's been dishing up for is in BIG GAMES could be much, much better. I'm sure he'd be shattered just as much.

But isnt it the coaches job to motivate the side?
      The assistants can devise a game plan but the head coach has the last say, especially pre-game and at half time. I'm not sure Trent can rouse the troops like they need. He's gotta give the players every chance they can to win the game.

He is under pressure as he just signed the Aus halfback and the premiership window is ajar for two more years.

..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Originally posted by The Skeez View Post
        But isnt it the coaches job to motivate the side?
        The players should not have needed the motivation shouldn't playing in the Preliminary Final be motivation enough, I would think it would.

Comment

Originally posted by stringaz View Post

Cords said it after the game, we didn't defend our errors, Pearce may have copped the brunt and is gone, but that attempted tackle on feldt by latrell in the corner haunted me for a while
          Too many errors to defend. Many 20-30 m from our try line
          Roosters For Ever

Comment

Just to set the record straight - I'm a "fanboy" when it comes to Robbo.

But the question I reckon we should all ask is "if we get knocked out in the Preliminaries again in both '18 & '19 does trent go or stay?"

Comment

Originally posted by kakaruk View Post
              Wouldn't be surprised to see fitler back as coach in a couple of years if hes successful with the blues and robbo dosnt deliver the premerships.
              Lol. Freddy coming back as a head coach is a million to one. He can go alright in short stints and probably will do well in Origin but an NRL head coach he is not.

Comment

Originally posted by SupermanSupportsEasts4Eva View Post
                Just to set the record straight - I'm a "fanboy" when it comes to Robbo.

But the question I reckon we should all ask is "if we get knocked out in the Preliminaries again in both '18 & '19 does trent go or stay?"
                From my perspective Prelim is acceptable , if winning GF was easy everyone would win ( especially if picked by NRL favouritism)
                things which are of bigger concern are
                1. Player recruitment and retention , the last few years have been woeful
                2. Use of the interchange , has been questionable to say the least
                3. Players need to be accountable, if you have a “ brain fart “ that costs us the game use the same move in reserve grade for a week or two- that includes penalties in front, kick out consecutively , missing a basic tackle due to lack of commotment.
                4. Hanging around with low life, surely they know better

Comment

'Forget' about winning a premiership.
                  Best to concentrate on playing simple/dumb mistakes-free footy as top priority.
                  Next priority...stop leaking tries down the sidelines.
                  Sharks, Cows etc wingers will think they're in paradise with our wingers wandering around in-field all the time.

It was that Cows try in the corner that sank our march to the GF.

Seems to me that every match next season is gonna be hard-slog tight...like the World Cup final was.
                  One mistake could be the difference between winning and losing games.

Expect 6 nil 8-6 4-2 12-10 results by the dozen

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

Exactly
                    Robbo is the type of bloke who would resign if he thought he couldnt get the team to be competitive.
                    He is the best coach the club has ever had so any suggestion of him being punted if the Chooks dont win the comp next year is madness.
                    Best coach the club has ever had? Mickie....

Jack Gibson, Phillip Ronald Gould and Brian Smith went alright to name a few.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

Best coach the club has ever had? Mickie....

Jack Gibson, Phillip Ronald Gould and Brian Smith went alright to name a few.
                      Robbo has Smith covered, and Gould who has a more decorated overall coaching career with other clubs and SOO probably has Robbo covered but only due to a larger resume.

But as coaches for the Roosters since 1967 only Gibson was better.

1 premiership and 4 times in the top 4 out of 5 years and the ability to have topline players wanting to play for our club and have a very competitive team speaks for itself. People forget this year was a rebuilding year in a sense (most judges had us either in the bottom half of the 8 or just missing out before round 1) and we overachieved. It was a great ride until the PF debacle but we are a work in progress. I cannot forgive certain players for the PF debacle, Robbos selections and bench was questionable but as Thirteen has rightly said I would pointing the finger at some of our players for that loss. The props went missing, some dodgy handling (particularly Fergo),some lazy efforts in defence (Pearce and Mitchell both shockers) and kicking by some of our backs (not mentioning names lol) for that loss. Our number 9 not offering any creativity at all behind the ruck or no initiative either, not sure whether Robbo told him not to run but he probably spat his dummy after being told not to kick on the 4th.

People forget we have won only twice since 1975 and in the past 17 years only Bellamy, Bennett and Hasler as coaches have won more than one and they have had a lot more seasons as a NRL coach than Robbo.
                      Last edited by 4 the all in brawl; 12-03-2017, 04:15 PM.
                      Originally posted by Bondi Boy

Pathetic!
                      What a rabble we are.

Oh well, maybe next year

Comment

Originally posted by 4 the all in brawl View Post

Robbo has Smith covered, and Gould who has a more decorated overall coaching career with other clubs and SOO probably has Robbo covered but only due to a larger resume.

But as coaches for the Roosters since 1967 only Gibson was better.

1 premiership and 4 times in the top 4 out of 5 years and the ability to have topline players wanting to play for our club and have a very competitive team speaks for itself. People forget this year was a rebuilding year in a sense (most judges had us either in the bottom half of the 8 or just missing out before round 1) and we overachieved. It was a great ride until the PF debacle but we are a work in progress. I cannot forgive certain players for the PF debacle, Robbos selections and bench was questionable but as Thirteen has rightly said I would pointing the finger at some of our players for that loss. The props went missing, some dodgy handling (particularly Fergo),some lazy efforts in defence (Pearce and Mitchell both shockers) and kicking by some of our backs (not mentioning names lol) for that loss. Our number 9 not offering any creativity at all behind the ruck or no initiative either, not sure whether Robbo told him not to run but he probably spat his dummy after being told not to kick on the 4th.

People forget we have won only twice since 1975 and in the past 17 years only Bellamy, Bennett and Hasler as coaches have won more than one and they have had a lot more seasons as a NRL coach than Robbo.
                        Robbo could end up one of the best but hes still early on in his career and couldn't be compared to those guys...yet....imho.

I rate Smithy so high for getting three different clubs to the grand final in the toughest RL comp in the world...often from a rebuilding base. Then went overseas and did the same thing. One of the smartest footy brains. Robbo was lucky to ride his coat tails in 2013 and inherited SBW to boot. We were always ready to smash it that year regardless who was at the helm.

And Gould and Jack speak for themselves. Ricky got us to 3 gfs too.

Comment

Originally posted by 4 the all in brawl View Post
                          Robbo has Smith covered,
                          Smith was brought in the clean the side out and rebuild, something he has a good history of doing. I doubt very much if Trent could have done it as he's too much the man manager to make the tough calls like BS did when sending players to play for Newtown when needed, Just my opinion. It will be interesting to see (if he's allowed/ in his job description as Football Manager) how he swing's the axe with the Warriors this year as they always have the talent just lack the motivation.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

Robbo could end up one of the best but hes still early on in his career and couldn't be compared to those guys...yet....imho.

I rate Smithy so high for getting three different clubs to the grand final in the toughest RL comp in the world...often from a rebuilding base. Then went overseas and did the same thing. One of the smartest footy brains. Robbo was lucky to ride his coat tails in 2013 and inherited SBW to boot. We were always ready to smash it that year regardless who was at the helm.

And Gould and Jack speak for themselves. Ricky got us to 3 gfs too.
                            Ricky certainly deserves to be mentioned in that company if we are only talking roosters career.

Comment

Originally posted by Arties Pie View Post

Smith was brought in the clean the side out and rebuild, something he has a good history of doing. I doubt very much if Trent could have done it as he's too much the man manager to make the tough calls like BS did when sending players to play for Newtown when needed, Just my opinion. It will be interesting to see (if he's allowed/ in his job description as Football Manager) how he swing's the axe with the Warriors this year as they always have the talent just lack the motivation.

Yes, he has Smith covered as a Roosters coach. Smith still has a better overall resume so far. He has failed to win a Comp but as JFC pointed out made 4GFs with 3 different clubs with only one of those teams which should have won. The other 3 squads were arguably lucky to make the gf.
                              Last edited by 4 the all in brawl; 12-04-2017, 02:29 PM.
                              Originally posted by Bondi Boy

Pathetic!
                              What a rabble we are.

Oh well, maybe next year

Comment

TR is a much better coach than Smith, especially in man management.
                                In my opinion TR is better than Gould as well. Too much about Gould is all about Gould. Gibson is by far the best
                                The Internet is a place for posting silly things
                                Try and be serious and you will look stupid
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X