Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Billy Smith . . . One of the most highly rated schoolboy rugby stars in Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Red. View Post

Pretty sure Junee went to Waverley College.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darren_Junee

Comment

Originally posted by bondi paul View Post
      Winger Steve McFarlane also went to High.
      Under-rated.
      He'd be great today, with this salary cap stuff and all.

I liked him as a winger, he was nearly worth a quarter Mullins , and approached half a Fahey.
      Roosters through and thru...........
      Last edited by eddie; 10-06-2017, 06:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkeye View Post
        Billy Smith ? He'd have to be well into his 70's by now wouldn't he ?
        But he'd bring a lot of grand final experience !
        Lol hawkeye.
        My dad said the same thing word for word yesterday on the phone.

Almost.
        You know what I mean.

Dad worked at stgeorge council during the 60' s..........................there's only ever gonna be one Billy Smith to him.

Comment

BONDI PAUL, MY FIRST YEAR AT HIGH SMITH AND BRASS WERE THE CENTRES!i do remember brass walking around the school in a heavily laden blazer!
          Last edited by stephenj; 10-06-2017, 07:12 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by Chookies74 View Post
            I stand corrected. Apologies Chokies74

Comment

Originally posted by stephenj View Post
              BONDI PAUL, MY FIRST YEAR AT HIGH SMITH AND BRASS WERE THE CENTRES!i do remember brass walking around the school in a heavily laden blazer!
              Thanks for your comments - wow what a classic combo. I recall Smith coming over to league I think he played with Souths from memory. Did he play rep rugby with Brass or later with Hawthorne or Ballesty? Can you recall Stephen ? I really admired Brass' style - the complete footballer.

Comment

Knox are probably the worst of the lot maybe tied with Kings, Both just filthy on the field and their teachers no better.

I saw a Kings teacher go off at the opp school coach once because his student may have hurt his foot, when he put the boot into a player lying hurt on the ground,.
                The Internet is a place for posting silly things
                Try and be serious and you will look stupid
                sigpic

Comment

Seagulls would've smashed all those private schools in the 8o's

Comment

i remember playing against kings old boys when alan jones was thei5r coach, as old high boys we returned a lot of old co0mpliments thgat day old style rucking thge all blacki two step etc.. and we beat th3em i remember him calling out to his players it was me doing damage and i was to be dispose3d of, i continued to do damag4e! he was not impressed, still brings a smile to my face, i went on to play with easts union the next season so i was very ready!

Comment

Originally posted by stephenj View Post
                      i remember playing against kings old boys when alan jones was thei5r coach, as old high boys we returned a lot of old co0mpliments thgat day old style rucking thge all blacki two step etc.. and we beat th3em i remember him calling out to his players it was me doing damage and i was to be dispose3d of, i continued to do damag4e! he was not impressed, still brings a smile to my face, i went on to play with easts union the next season so i was very ready!
                      Did you squirrel grip him?

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

Did you squirrel grip him?
                        No, that was Sam Burgess.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

Because Australian rugby's in such great shape...

Also, how did Scots start getting decent footy players? When I was a lad, Scots and Cranbrook were always the whipping boys. Our team was shyte but I always remember we'd play like the Garlem Globetrotters against both of them in rugby and basketball.

Kings and Joeys were alright. My greatest claim to fame was getting kicked off for... stuff then running back on from the sin bin to tackle Matt Burke after he got a linebreak (which the ref totally missed somehow). Aaaah the days when I brushed with fame.
                          What school did you go to?

Comment

Same school went what me

Comment

Private school boys are tossers...

Comment

Knox ,school of hard ones. Cant remember a thing

Comment

Working...
                                X