Who's still to come in 2018??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's still to come in 2018??

I am sure Uncle Nick as TIT still have another signing to come, who do you speculate is going to be in the 2018 team that we don't know about?
    Last edited by top_joe; 10-03-2017, 09:02 PM.

Originally posted by top_joe View Post
    I am sure Uncle Nick as TIT still have an Ace up their sleeve, who do you speculate is going to be in the 2018 team that we don't know about?
    I think they have played their ace with the Teddy signing. I'm not sure who else is out there that could be regarded as an ace up the sleeve?
    FVCK CANCER

Comment

Cept Cronk but can't see that happening. I've been wrong once before tho.
      FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post
        I think they have played their ace with the Teddy signing. I'm not sure who else is out there that could be regarded as an ace up the sleeve?
        Valid point, changed it to another signing - although cronk sounds nice, another pig like lillyman?

Comment

Yeah, someone in the LOD mold would be nice.
          FVCK CANCER

Comment

I think we were looking at Gagai and Chambers when we thought the cap was going to be 600k higher than it turned out to be. I don't believe we have any cap space now...

Comment

Originally posted by top_joe View Post
              I am sure Uncle Nick as TIT still have another signing to come, who do you speculate is going to be in the 2018 team that we don't know about?
              If he is cleared and found not guilty, MK.

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post

If he is cleared and found not guilty, MK.
                if we are going down the 'fat chance' path, JT. He's a player we need up the guts right now. I personally believe our backs would shine off the back of better go forward up the middle. For me, JWH and Napa could have had better seasons.

FVCK CANCER

Comment

Hopefully an affordable no nonsense experienced bench prop, like Lillyman but cheaper. Aside from that, i'm pretty happy with the squad given the cap constraints that everyone has.

A backline with Tedesco, Mitchell, Toupo, Manu and Gordon? Damn - if the forwards do their job we will be very entertaining next year and probably rack up a few cricket scores. I really don't know why the Pen isn't more excited by this prospect. What more could you possibly hope for within the boundaries of the salary cap?

I really don't understand why people think we can somehow fit in Cronk. You'd have to mathematically illiterate to think that is a possibility.

The one that really bugs me is Fingerson - i'm really unimpressed with attitude and performance, especially given the fact he should have learnt by now. If Uncle Nick hadn't leveraged a 'special deal' with him he wouldn't even still be here.

Last edited by Steakface; 10-03-2017, 10:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Steakface View Post
                    Hopefully an affordable no nonsense experienced bench prop, like Lillyman but cheaper. Aside from that, i'm pretty happy with the squad given the cap constraints that everyone has.

A backline with Tedesco, Mitchell, Toupo, Manu and Gordon? Damn - if the forwards do their job we will be very entertaining next year and probably rack up a few cricket scores. I really don't know why the Pen isn't more excited by this prospect. What more could you possibly hope for within the boundaries of the salary cap?

I really don't understand why people think we can somehow fit in Cronk. You'd have to mathematically illiterate to think that is a possibility.

The one that really bugs me is Fingerson - i'm really unimpressed with attitude and performance, especially given the fact he should have learnt by now. If Uncle Nick hadn't leveraged a 'special deal' with him he wouldn't even still be here.
                    Fingerson - i like that. I think the 1yr deal he got recently would have also played a role in Meninga not selecting him. A no confidence factor.

Comment

Originally posted by Steakface View Post

Agree with most of that except for Fingo, thought he was pretty good in the latter part of the season and damn shame about those couple of dropped balls against the cowboys because outside of that he was close to man of the match, very strong.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxy Walker View Post

Agree with most of that except for Fingo, thought he was pretty good in the latter part of the season and damn shame about those couple of dropped balls against the cowboys because outside of that he was close to man of the match, very strong.
                        I agree. I think he cops quite a bit of unwarranted flak at times.

At times!

As I have said before tho, I would rather take his abilities over his shortcomings. The guys a natural footballer. You can work on the mistakes but natural ability can't be taught.
                        FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by Maxy Walker View Post

If you take away the horrible match turning mistakes.... he actually had a good game.

Tremendous insight

On the topic of next season, pretty sure most clubs got screwed over by the salary cap not going up as much as they all thought. Doubt too many have room for off season shenanigans (unless they cut people loose first)

Comment

What about any of the players from the Bullscum? I mean like Eastwood, Morris etc???? Or maybe even Liccha?

Comment

Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post
                              Hoffman?

Comment

Working...
                              X