Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cordner makes Kangaroos WC Squad Fergo dumped

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Cordner makes Kangaroos WC Squad Fergo dumped

    was wishful thinking that Cordner would give his busted body a good rest and get ready for 2018, he was named in the Kangaroos squad, unsurprisingly Fergo was dumped despite playing in the Anzac Test in Canberra earlier this year.

    Kangaroos squad: Billy Slater, Darius Boyd, Will Chambers, Dane Gagai, Tom Trbojevic, Josh Dugan, Valentine Holmes, Cooper Cronk, Cameron Munster, Michael Morgan, James Maloney, Aaron Woods, David Klemmer, Josh McGuire, Andrew Fifita, Jake Trbojevic, Jordan McLean, Boyd Cordner, Matt Gillett, Tyson Frizell, Wade Graham, Felise Kaufusi, Cameron Smith, Ben Hunt.

  • #2
    pity, he needed a long rest

    Comment


    • #3
      Pretty much what they deserve.

      Jake being dropped for not improving his all round game.

      Comment


      • #4
        just noticed Teddy didn't make it either, unfortunately he will probably play for Italy though.

        Comment


        • #5
          I think this will be the 1st choice team picked.

          1 Billy Slater
          2 Darius Boyd
          3 Will Chambers
          4 Josh Dugan
          5 Dane Gagai
          6 Michael Morgan
          7 Cooper Cronk
          8 Aaron Woods
          9 Cameron Smith
          10 Andrew Fifita
          11 Boyd Cordner
          12 Matt Gillett
          13 Josh McGuire/Jake Trbojevic

          14 Ben Hunt
          15 David Klemmer
          16 Jordan McLean/Josh McGuire
          17 Jake Trbojevic/Josh McGuire


          Tom Trbojevic, Valentine Holmes, Cameron Munster, James Maloney, Tyson Frizell, Wade Graham, Felise Kaufusi,
          "Originally posted by Elvis Rooster"
          So while most of us were getting excited about the start of the season our resident Junkie Jim the Jailbird, the guy who would like to break into your house and steal your tv and toaster, Mickey Lane is at it again. Here is his latest beauty.
          ​"Do you want white or wholemeal toast?"
          I tell you guys this is one sick son of a bitch;

          Comment


          • #6
            Lol @ Boyd on the wing.

            You're right he'll be there.

            But to pick him on the wing over the likes of Holmes Mansour Trbojevic and Addo Carr is ridiculous.

            You need your wingers to make tough metres these days and that isn't Boyd. But yes, the selectors have an unhealthy obsession with him.

            Comment


            • #7
              I thought Latrell may have been picked but by the looks of it Tom Trbojevic is ahead of him on the pecking order.
              "Originally posted by Elvis Rooster"
              So while most of us were getting excited about the start of the season our resident Junkie Jim the Jailbird, the guy who would like to break into your house and steal your tv and toaster, Mickey Lane is at it again. Here is his latest beauty.
              ​"Do you want white or wholemeal toast?"
              I tell you guys this is one sick son of a bitch;

              Comment


              • #8
                Graham?
                Hunt?
                McLean?
                WTF!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Not surprised that Friend missed out as he is only a tackling machine and offers nothing in attack for instance- 0 metres run in the prelim final - not quite sure why he doesn`t run at times from dummy half or kick more - I remember him kicking a 40-20 against the Dogs I think but never since- does Robbo bar him from running and kicking from dummy half? - need to change his game (as does the coach change our game )as if Friend is only going to just pass the ball from dummy half- the defence will crunch the ball runner every time and they will struggle to get out of their half each time- Fergo was a surprise omission though based on last year when he was player of the series in the tri nation.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
                    I thought Latrell may have been picked but by the looks of it Tom Trbojevic is ahead of him on the pecking order.
                    Latrell is a long way from being a rep player despite all the hype - did nothing in the prelim final for instance when he needed to stand up- his try was as a result of a poor cowboys read - too focused on niggling the opposition players and not enough focus on his own game and has many flaws in his game to be selected at this stage at this level.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                      Lol @ Boyd on the wing.

                      You're right he'll be there.

                      But to pick him on the wing over the likes of Holmes Mansour Trbojevic and Addo Carr is ridiculous.

                      You need your wingers to make tough metres these days and that isn't Boyd. But yes, the selectors have an unhealthy obsession with him.
                      Addo-Carr should have been picked- cannot train speed you have it or you don`t and he has it and more. If he maintains his form he should be picked for NSW SOO next year at least.
                      Last edited by King Salvo; 10-02-2017, 08:42 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Boydy would have been one of the first picked.
                        Fergo can count himself unlucky. He was man of the series the last time they toured, and the selectors have traditionally picked and sticked.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

                          Latrell is a long way from being a rep player despite all the hype - did nothing in the prelim final for instance when he needed to stand up- his try was as a result of a poor cowboys read - too focused on niggling the opposition players and not enough focus on his own game and has many flaws in his game to be selected at this stage at this level.
                          Agreed. Love the guy but he has a LOOOT of work to do.

                          Naturally heís a very strong and evasive ball runner. Heís god a LOOOT of power in his kicking too (as weíve seen, sometimes a little too much). IMO after 2 seasons in FG itís reaching crunch time where things are either gonna click or theyíre not.

                          Iím backing him to come good next year. In particular I hope his defensive reads pick up and he bulks up a little (with the right kinda weight). Once thatís done heíll be perfect because heís such a naturally awesome, instinctive attacking footballer.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                            Lol @ Boyd on the wing.

                            You're right he'll be there.

                            But to pick him on the wing over the likes of Holmes Mansour Trbojevic and Addo Carr is ridiculous.

                            You need your wingers to make tough metres these days and that isn't Boyd. But yes, the selectors have an unhealthy obsession with him.
                            Didnít you realise that this is the grand finale for the QLD wankaz? We may never see Darius Boyd, Billy Slater, Cooper Cronk, Cameron Smith...etc play together again.

                            This will just be some rubbish high-fives everywhere, QLD circlejerk. I hope the Kiwis (or like some pacific island stacked with people who missed out on the Aussie pecking order) digs deep and pulls off a key upset. Really do.

                            IMO there should be some combined teams like...
                            1. Combined pacific islands
                            2. Combined europe
                            3. Combined asia
                            Last edited by ism22; 10-02-2017, 10:01 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              And where's Josh Papalii? Is he injured? I thought he'd take Cordner's spot for sure

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X