Runaway minor premiers miss GF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Runaway minor premiers miss GF

The Sharks U20s , which had won the minor premiership by a big margin ( ala Melbourne) have been eliminated after going POP POP in the playoffs. I loved seeing them getting knocked out last week, and today was cream on top.

Originally posted by OMR View Post
    The Sharks U20s , which had won the minor premiership by a big margin ( ala Melbourne) have been eliminated after going POP POP in the playoffs. I loved seeing them getting knocked out last week, and today was cream on top.
    Not a good past fortnight for the Flanagan's

Comment

Wow, that must be terribly disappointing for them given they won the minor premiership by the length of the straight. They can at least take heart that they're doing something right in the Sutherland Shire in terms of their juniors.
      "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Have to admit that though I'm no fan of Manly I was happy to see the Sharks fail to even make the prelim. You dont win titles in July. They have not bee able to take the pressure of the finals.
        Supporting the RW&B, through good times and bad times.

Comment

Now that is funny. Poor Sharkies. Doesn't Flanno's son play for the team?

Comment

The under 20's for me this year was a missed opportunity for us. I didn't follow it as close as some others, particularly from Brisbane but it seemed every week we had a different line up and changes to side from week to week. We saw how good that side could have been when they pumped Cronulla etc. over the last few weeks. Would have been good to see all 3 grades well in mix as I think under 20's at their best and consistent were in top 4 easily. will have to settle for 2.

Comment

Originally posted by mightyrooster View Post
              Yes. Disgusting that he's been allowed to breed.

Comment

Nup Nup!

Comment

Originally posted by mightyrooster View Post
                  Gee, the refs must've been bad.

Comment

Originally posted by <ME> View Post
                    The under 20's for me this year was a missed opportunity for us. I didn't follow it as close as some others, particularly from Brisbane but it seemed every week we had a different line up and changes to side from week to week. We saw how good that side could have been when they pumped Cronulla etc. over the last few weeks. Would have been good to see all 3 grades well in mix as I think under 20's at their best and consistent were in top 4 easily. will have to settle for 2.
                    Throughout the season they drew a couple of games and lost several close ones too which ultimately just cost them a top 8 spot. Throw in the fact too they deeply missed Radley's presence because of FG duties.

Had they scrapped in there would have been some nervous teams because they finished the year with a wet sail.

Comment

they had a few long term injuries and close losses plus players playing in higher grades for a significant part of the year that could still play under 20's- They actually started the Sharks under 20'S Decline when they beat them 26-18 in round 25- Sharks lost round 26 then first and second week of finals
                      Last edited by King Salvo; 09-20-2017, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X