• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

But don't you hate Hodges?
    Sorry Thirteen Hodges is the exception. I loathe him

Comment

Originally posted by The Brain View Post

Possibly the Boss just didnt like him.
      I ant gonna talk about it this place isnt the place but Wingy was no chance of staying-he wasnt wanted .shame I rated him highly and he did a great job at hooker but he shouldve remained halfback instead of Davinci Code.
      I heard rumors back then about him getting a little friendly with Uncle Nick's daughter. Lol only hearsay

Comment

N
        Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post

Of those BBQ is the one that hurt the most but that was only for a season and plenty of other things contributed to last year.

Losing Gary Freeman was worse than all of them. He was absolutely all we had.

And you probably don't go back that far but we lost most of our stars after the 1982 season. That basically killed us until Gus came.
        No i don't. But I was born a "rooster booster" (as my old man would call us) in '87. Earliest memories are from the early 90's.

The old man was a "rooster booster" from the time he moved to aus in 74.

Comment

Originally posted by SupermanSupportsEasts4Eva View Post

Sorry Thirteen Hodges is the exception. I loathe him
          he was fat and lazy with us. Never once thought of him as a Rooster.

FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post

He was my favourite player in 02.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post
              It s*x losing players but lets be frank...
              - Keary is faster than Maloney, doesn't give away stupid penalties and he's only 25 so has a longer shelf life
              - Teddy is a more complete player than RT-left-foot-step. He's also a lifetime fan of the club who is willing to play for less $$$ (considering inflation, salry cap increases and his relative maturity/experience)
              - Latrell and Fergo are probably earning about what Jenko would want for himself... both are taller players who have better aerial games
              - We've kept the people who wanna stay!!! You can't buy love. I'd be much more sad to see Cords or Friend leave the club purely because we aren't offering enough $$$.
              - We've survived the storm! In 2016 EVERYBODY left us. It was frigging annoying, but we came 2nd this year and have gone further in the finals than we did in 2014 and 2015 (with the above players). This is telling. IMO doing better than 2014/2015 (already) with Teddy arriving next year is very telling. Like... our recruitment/retention plan is WORKING!!!

Don't wanna get ahead of myself but what happens if we now win a surprise premiership? We treasure those 2013 players because they earned thir premiership rings. Is it arguable that we are now a better team than we were in 2013, with a superstar coming onto our books next year (rather than having a retention nighmare starting right at us). Just a thought... dynasty material v a bit more short-term success in 2016!
              Exactly. Nobody wanted to know about us after they left. Stuff 'em in THEIR time of need.
              Thanks for your memories and all that, but see ya round.

Comment

Any kiwi player who leaves the club they have had success at & go to the Warriors never reach the same heights.
                That club is actually an embarrassment. Im just glad they never got a shot at Bellamy, handshake, Des or even Robbo because they are probably the only coaches that could instill accountability, desire, passion & spirit at that club. They have the most talent out of any of the league teams but the culture at the Warriors is cactus.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
                  He was my favourite player in 02.
                  Over Morley?

I had two dogs at the time named Morley and Crocker.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

Didn't he need $$$ big time after being farked over by some conman who got a heap of footy players at the time?

Like he wasn't poor or anything but I think he put a large portion of his savings into some scam and had to earn it back really quickly, so went to Souffs then Japan.
                    Jeebus, that's rough

Comment

He made his bed, now he can lie in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
                        Any kiwi player who leaves the club they have had success at & go to the Warriors never reach the same heights.
                        That club is actually an embarrassment. Im just glad they never got a shot at Bellamy, handshake, Des or even Robbo because they are probably the only coaches that could instill accountability, desire, passion & spirit at that club. They have the most talent out of any of the league teams but the culture at the Warriors is cactus.
                        Just don't get it with the Worriers. They attract good spine players who underperform and experienced forwards who basically go there to retire.

So glad the culture at our club is so great.

I can only speak for the last 30 years of my football watching life but great players that wanna play for the roosters and stay with us for the majority of their careers end up becoming legends. Freddy, Mini, Fitzy, Ricko etc.

Can't think of a single really good young player leaving us and going onto having a long great career at another club.

Comment

Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post

lol Easts GF winner

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Verlaine's Ghost View Post
                            He made his bed, now he can lie in it.
                            with a ear worm - the guiding light song by ......

Comment

Originally posted by H.K FOO View Post

lol Easts GF winner
                              Was still fat and a lazy.
                              FVCK CANCER

Comment

Working...
                              X