Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

))Is Friend over playing his hand in attack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ))Is Friend over playing his hand in attack?

On fox league just now Mick Ennis and Sam Bugress raised this point. And I've shared this view for a little while now. (Even though I loathe both these muppets).

A couple of times of late when the team is attacking the opposition try line the halves have had their hands up for the ball, calling a play, but Friend has brushed them and come up with a poor kicks or the wrong pass. Examples incl. a couple of poor kicks that didn't find the in goal last night v the tiggers and the choice to go Fergo at the 75min mark last week, when the halves should have been given control.

I love Friend.... but is he over playing his hand at the wrong time, when the halves should be given the ball? Keen to know what you all think

Originally posted by SupermanSupportsEasts4Eva View Post
    On fox league just now Mick Ennis and Sam Bugress raised this point. And I've shared this view for a little while now. (Even though I loathe both these muppets).

A couple of times of late when the team is attacking the opposition try line the halves have had their hands up for the ball, calling a play, but Friend has brushed them and come up with a poor kicks or the wrong pass. Examples incl. a couple of poor kicks that didn't find the in goal last night v the tiggers and the choice to go Fergo at the 75min mark last week, when the halves should have been given control.

I love Friend.... but is he over playing his hand at the wrong time, when the halves should be given the ball? Keen to know what you all think
    100% he is. It's hard to watch sometimes. We need some dash and creativity out of dummy half but it's not Jake unfortunately.

Comment

It's a shame his presence will more than likely mean we lose Radley.

Friend would have at least five more years left in him. Can't see Radley hanging around that long.

It will be a difficult decision for the club as he is a Cloey Crocodile.
      Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Why should we lose Radley? He can play second row and Garvey play back up hooker whenever needed.

Comment

Originally posted by OMR View Post
          Why should we lose Radley? He can play second row and Garvey play back up hooker whenever needed.
          Sorry my bad. That's who I meant!

Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

I said that it during the game..Friend is our new Farah.

Sadly his game hasn't improved in these past couple of years. Pretty much stayed stagnant. It would be a tragedy to lose Radley because of him.
            Last edited by Roosterfarian; 08-21-2017, 08:01 AM.
            Exonerate the West Memphis Three - www.wm3.org

Comment

This is in fox sports today..
              HUSH, HUSH

Which half and his coach are at loggerheads over team selections?

This player wants to swap a member of their spine with a rookie as they’ve struck up quite the combination at training but the coach won’t budge.

Could be anyone..??
              but Cooper would demand to play a certain way and I'd imagine him saying this to Trent.
              I say this loosely.. but Radley has a certain 'Cam Smith' about him in his play.
              ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Haha - sorry mate but this takes the cake as the most far-fetched conspiracy theory on here for quite some time. And that’s saying something.
                Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

Comment

absolutely he overplays his hand.

No chance Radley will be lost though.

I would prefer Radley over Friend every day of the week even from now, let alone the big upside to Radley's potential.

Comment

Originally posted by The Skeez View Post
                    This is in fox sports today..
                    HUSH, HUSH

Which half and his coach are at loggerheads over team selections?

This player wants to swap a member of their spine with a rookie as they’ve struck up quite the combination at training but the coach won’t budge.

Could be anyone..??
                    but Cooper would demand to play a certain way and I'd imagine him saying this to Trent.
                    I say this loosely.. but Radley has a certain 'Cam Smith' about him in his play.
                    As loose as a hookers twot.
                    Last edited by Thirteen; 02-19-2018, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Salvatori Grubber View Post
                      Haha - sorry mate but this takes the cake as the most far-fetched conspiracy theory on here for quite some time. And that’s saying something.
                      Im not so sure Grubber...seems very plausible to me. Cronk would be one of the few number 7s to even consider advising his Coach for starters.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

As loose as a hookers swot.
                        Smith reads the numbers about 5 plays ahead of everyone else, and wraps the ball up in defence so efficiently.
                        Radley's not even close to that.. maybe the physique or the way he trots??
                        anyway.. I did say loosely

..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Poor Jake hasn't even stepped on the field in 2018 and already he's being criticised. How about we see how he actually plays alongside Stormboy before we judge his performances for this year. His game may change now he has a different style of No. 7 alongside him.
                          Supporting the RW&B, through good times and bad times.

Comment

Originally posted by novice chook View Post
                            Poor Jake hasn't even stepped on the field in 2018 and already he's being criticised. How about we see how he actually plays alongside Stormboy before we judge his performances for this year. His game may change now he has a different style of No. 7 alongside him.
                            i agree, last years or so hes had people who can be seen as equals to him or less authoritative/skillful. now he has the pinnacle of number 7's most likely telling him what to do. if that's the case i'm extremely excited for the season

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

Im not so sure Grubber...seems very plausible to me. Cronk would be one of the few number 7s to even consider advising his Coach for starters.
                              Think about it Jack’s, no player on the planet would come into a new side and try to oust the captain. Let alone someone as professional and intelligent as Cronk. It would be like the Vietnam war - an unwinnable proposition no matter how well credentialed you were.
                              Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

Comment

Working...
                              X