Matterson the next sutton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matterson the next sutton

5/8 should i pass kick or run for the rest of his career playing in the back row. Your massive just run straight and hard should be robbos instructions. I can see some early comparisons ?

Although I don't personally rate Sutton, my mates who follow souths love him. I'm sure matterson wouldn't mind the career he's had, including a premiership. I think matto has come on well this season. Looks to be a promising back rower with a better than average skill set how might be able to plug holes in our team when needed.

Comment

i actually see him as a more of a wade graham type of player. A back rower who has the skill to ball play and kick. He is developing nicely and is a big part of our future.

Comment

Originally posted by ChookMaster View Post
        i actually see him as a more of a wade graham type of player. A back rower who has the skill to ball play and kick. He is developing nicely and is a big part of our future.
        Wade Graham is a tough nut, Matterson isnt.
        Hopefully Matterson in the near future starts to put his massive frame to good aggressive use. If he became a real hard focker he would be dynamite.

Comment

It's his first season in the forwards and he was leading our side for metres after contact for a long time.

Let the bloke develop ffs.

Has he even kicked half a dozen times this season?

I would like to see him incorporate his ball playing into his game more if anything.

Comment

I think he is going to take so much from this season playing with the pigs. Like mentioned never gets dominated in tackles and seems to run a nice hole. Definitely has ball skills which to me he has put away almost completely this season, but as he grows as a player I'm sure he will bring them back out and will be devastating for us

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
              It's his first season in the forwards and he was leading our side for metres after contact for a long time.

Let the bloke develop ffs.

Has he even kicked half a dozen times this season?

I would like to see him incorporate his ball playing into his game more if anything.
              Ffs , omg your very touchy
              just saying there are similarities. He is massive more like jane than tarzan atm though

Comment

Matto is one of our success stories this year.

Very happy with his progress.

Comment

can we teach our players to land when tackled on their knees stops domination by the defence and allows a quicker play the ball, just watch how melbourne doi it all the time!

Comment

Originally posted by Bondicigar View Post

Ffs , omg your very touchy
                    just saying there are similarities. He is massive more like jane than tarzan atm though
                    They're really not and you're just dribbling.

Prior to tonight Matterson had kicked the ball a grand total of wait for it... 1 time.

Another very good game from him tonight.

Comment

He's getting confident,

Expressed & imposed himself nicely
                      "Qui audet adipiscitur"

WHO DARES WINS

Comment

Rather Ryan Matterson be himself than someone else.

Comment

i can see matto as the 13
                          1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

I really rate him as a player, and he seems like a great guy. I am sure his kick/pass game will come to the fore once he cements himself in the starting team, and keary/jake/JuJu relinquish some of their control of the game.

Comment

I like him. He's big and strong and will keep developing. He might not be as tough as Wade Graham yet but he's still young and improving. If he keeps growing he will be a very good middle player for many years to come

Comment

Working...
                              X