Gus should coach blues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gus should coach blues

Im not a big fan but he has a brilliant football brain and is a proven motivator, we need him now more than ever , throw in joey, freddy and cartright assistant coachs.

Nah, Laurie is better.
    They should bring back Gal not Gus.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
      Nah, Laurie is better.
      They should bring back Gal not Gus.
      I agree, Laurie Freier should get the gig...
      Originally posted by Bondi Boy

Pathetic!
      What a rabble we are.

Oh well, maybe next year

Comment

You mean Russ?

He can give them a farking motivational speech... :P

Oh yeah and while QLD has that farking [throatie voice] 'QUEEEEEENSLAAANDER!!!' bullshyte going on, we can get the star wars (or star trek... or whatever the fark it is) theme cranking. FREEDOM!!!! RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!!!! [followed by Russ pulling out a fiddle to play a pirate shanty... poorly]

GO FOR IT PHONE CHUCKER!!!
        Last edited by ism22; 07-15-2017, 08:29 AM.

Comment

Any genuine NSW supporter would want Gould. He instills passion and that's what we need.

Comment

origin is a waste of time i hope it's canned like the 9s

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
              Any genuine NSW supporter would want Gould. He instills passion and that's what we need.
              His was the best, not sure if he is willing to give up the commentary gig these days, where he can lay blame on the selectors, players and coaches with no repercussions.

gould has watched us lose 11 from 12, and I can't recall once him putting his hand up to help them out or coach.

Comment

Gus as coach is a no-brainer. We have to have him in there for a one year stint to turn things around. Churchill came back for a stint as PM well after the war.

And I agree that having Freddy and Joey (or anyone else who is a serious contender to take the reins the following year) as assistant coaches is a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by boogie View Post
                  Do you watch it at all Boogie?

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post
                    Gus as coach is a no-brainer. We have to have him in there for a one year stint to turn things around. Churchill came back for a stint as PM well after the war.

And I agree that having Freddy and Joey (or anyone else who is a serious contender to take the reins the following year) as assistant coaches is a good idea.
                    He needs to bite the bullet and step in. His state needs him. If he is so passionate about NSW than surely he must realise.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

Do you watch it at all Boogie?
                      no its crap and hasnt been a spectacle since the super league war

Comment

no its crap and hasnt been a spectacle since the super league war
                        Game 1 was probably the best game of footy iv seen. You should get a copy of the game and watch it

Comment

Originally posted by Bondicigar View Post

Game 1 was probably the best game of footy iv seen. You should get a copy of the game and watch it
                          And game 3 while being a non contest was also brilliant to watch cause QLD did play magnificent footy.

Comment

Pretty much... I still remember how QLD were willing to kick the bucket and cancel it if they lost a 4th series. They've had the eligibility rules changed at least twice when they've been down on luck. Now QLD just win every year... by a LOT!! Also, we only get 2 NSW games 1/3 of the time (IF THAT) which makes it near impossible for us to eek out that final game to secure a series.

It's a whinge I know, but it's becoming about as relevant as the Bledisloe Cup is in Union!!! The Kiwis win every year (by a LOT), only Kiwis bother watching it and there's no bitter rivalry because it's not something we've ever owned (so the sense of 'it belongs to us' is long gone). If we win (which we never do) then it's a cool novelty. But... we've grown to accept that it's very unlikely, and isn't worth getting too stressed about. Let the bros have their one little victory over us in something!

Not saying ditch it (it's a tradition and QLD love it) but look at the NSW crowds!!! Games in QLD are like 99% QLD fans. NSW? It's maybe 75% QLD fans. No matter how passionate Gus the salesman for the NRL pretends to be, NSW fans are gradually switching off.

We're not gonna kick the bucket like QLD and call for rule changes/cancellation because we can't win. BUT... I'm farked if I'm gonna bother taking my family to Origin just to watch NSW get smashed + Roosters players getting injured. The NRL's gotta have a think... is this a genuine rivalry? I'd say that:
                            - Historically it was more of a fun thing where players from all backgrounds play for the state they play in. It was a fun and friendly occasion.
                            - Eligibility has become stupid to the point where people can play for Australia but not NSW, people born in QLD can't play for QLD, some kiwis can play but not others, brothers can play for different states and GI can still play for QLD despite never being eligible (and the rules being changed all because of him). The rules wreck the fun...
                            - You now need a full-time coach, recruitment squad and support crew to be competitive! What was once a fun, even, mid-season exhibition match is starting to demand a lot of resources. I know it's a massive selling point when it comes to TV rights, but I reckon that's all it is now rather than a quality game of footy.
                            - For more than a decade, QLD have always won. They care about it a LOT more than NSW. The one-sided nature of the contest makes it booooring!

Comment

Origin is a cash cow for the NRL. It's not going anywhere and nor should it for that reason.

Comment

Working...
                              X