Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Gus won't coach origin what about Bennett?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trewhella
    started a topic If Gus won't coach origin what about Bennett?

If Gus won't coach origin what about Bennett?

the bloke sells himself out to New Zealand and England....
    he states he wants Kev Walters job......I reckon NSW take him. He is treacherous enough

• Johnny Tobin
    replied
    Originally posted by roosterproud View Post
    mongrel is what nsw lack.
    And the Melbourne spine.

Leave a comment:

• roosterproud
    replied
    mongrel is what nsw lack.

Leave a comment:

• Arties Pie
    replied
    These guys are supposed to be the elite of NSW so it should be a given that they shouldn't need to be coached per say but rather getting used to playing together as a team and some pet plays. NSW should have done alot better than they did in those last two games and it all came down to desire QLD wanted it more so it doesn't matter who the coach is but rather if the players want it more than their opposition.

Leave a comment:

• trewhella
    replied
    Yeah I love Fitzy. Put him in there somewhere

Leave a comment:

• Headless Chook
    replied
    Originally posted by chopstiks View Post
    Blues also need someone like Langer coaching from behind
    Fitzy!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Kingbilly
    replied
    Gus would be a perfect fit. A losing culture at Penrith and a losing culture at NSW

Leave a comment:

• chopstiks
    replied
    Blues also need someone like Langer coaching from behind

Leave a comment:

• Headless Chook
    replied
    Originally posted by Waylander View Post
    What we need is some go-forward from the props. Start with Klemmer and one of Vaughn, Boyd or Paulo - whoever is in best form and fitness. We need props who will run straight and hard. Fafita may still have a role off the bench, but Woods should not be considered. Too many selections based on players attacking prowess, and not enough consideration on defence. They have to pick a team that will stop Qld from scoring first and foremost, then work out how you are going to score yourself.
    We tried that a few years back and it didn't work. We ended up with guys like Beau Scott playing in the centres. Once Qld got to 16 points we were screwed because we had nothing in attack.

We just need a new coach and a couple of tweaks here and there and we can win. We have the nucleus there with Cords, Jackons, Klemmer, Graham, Bird, Teddy and the two T's from Manly. We need a half to stand up and we need to find a 9.

Leave a comment:

• Waylander
    replied
    What we need is some go-forward from the props. Start with Klemmer and one of Vaughn, Boyd or Paulo - whoever is in best form and fitness. We need props who will run straight and hard. Fafita may still have a role off the bench, but Woods should not be considered. Too many selections based on players attacking prowess, and not enough consideration on defence. They have to pick a team that will stop Qld from scoring first and foremost, then work out how you are going to score yourself.

Leave a comment:

• Mickie Lane
    replied
    Originally posted by Moose View Post
    I'd rather Toovey
    He is the one for sure.
    All Toovs would have to do is show the team a video of him playing & then say to them I wouldnt ask you to do anything I wouldnt do.

Leave a comment:

• The Brain
    replied
    Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post
    Dean Pay as coach, Joey or Freddie to help with the halves/backs and Fitzy as water boy ala Alan Langer
    Good pick he is a real forwards man and attitude adjuster -I am for him

Leave a comment:

• PeeGee
    replied
    Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post
    Dean Pay as coach, Joey or Freddie to help with the halves/backs and Fitzy as water boy ala Alan Langer
    I wonder if they will pick players in form next year OR based on previous Origin Experience ????? I guess the coach will have to have the biggest say

Leave a comment:

• Headless Chook
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Arties Pie
    replied
    Originally posted by ism22 View Post
    Keep the coach and keep the team. I reckon half our problem is that we are actually playing alright
    Keep the team ? Are you a Queenslander ? Damn if Woods, Fifita, Hayne and Fergo wear a sky blue jersey again we damn well deserve to lose.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X