SOO 3 Match Thread: Rooster Watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bowzy View Post

He did have an ordinary game, that's fair enough, what I'm saying is who else didn't in a blue jersey. At least he was trying, unlike most of that squad.

Were just as bad as everyone else if we want to blame our own players.
    Well maybe because he plays for us that we are discussing him more than a Fifita, or Woods or anyone else...we practically don't give a shit about them. Pearce is in an important role there and as much as the forwards & others didn't do much either, there was little from Pearce to say he did anything effective to try and win the game. I thought Maloney was more effective.. It's got nothing to do with what Pearce did last week or what he does next week. And yes if he keeps winning us games, we'll be cheering very loud and when he stuffs it up, we'll discuss it, no holes barred.

Comment

• Originally posted by ROC181 View Post

Well maybe because he plays for us that we are discussing him more than a Fifita, or Woods or anyone else...we practically don't give a shit about them. Pearce is in an important role there and as much as the forwards & others didn't do much either, there was little from Pearce to say he did anything effective to try and win the game. I thought Maloney was more effective.. It's got nothing to do with what Pearce did last week or what he does next week. And yes if he keeps winning us games, we'll be cheering very loud and when he stuffs it up, we'll discuss, it no holes barred.
      But isn't that the issue? That we can't support the bloke through thick and thin? I'll happily be labelled as a blind chooks supporter, but as long as our blokes give a 100% I'll back them in whatever jersey they're wearing.

Comment

• Its time we just all accept that pearce is a very , very good club half but he is not an origin player , nobody tried harder tonight , but effort isnt what he lacks, as per my previous post munster has it, smith has it and they hardly break a sweat they just see the game differently maybe ? Thurston is all effort but obviously has 10 x the x factor of pearce. A few i can think of slater, sbw, fittler, johns, langer, daley, lockyer all had it....whatever the hell it is ? Pearce doesnt

Comment

But isn't that the issue? That we can't support the bloke through thick and thin? I'll happily be labelled as a blind chooks supporter, but as long as our blokes give a 100% I'll back them in whatever jersey they're wearing.
          You belong in a cult - not the Pen.

Comment

It's got nothing to do with supporting...it's discussing the game. Like Milanja said, no one questions his effort...just his execution. You can say whatever you want about Pearce, Fergo whoever...don't try and gag those who are trying to discuss the game without insulting other posters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post

You belong in a cult - not the Pen.
              Why? Because I support my team and the blokes who play in it?

Comment

• The blues defence was terrible and their attack had no direction 22-6 wasn't a true scoreline it could have been easily a 30 point thrashing or more.
                Oh well hopefully peace's origin career is over for good and can resume playing for us on a weekly basis.

Comment

• I feel really very sorry for Pearcy. I was wishing all night that it would finally be his day. So sad. All I want is him back at his best for the roosters where he plays his best footy behind a reliable pack.
                  “Soon will the present day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead”- (Baha’u’llah)

Comment

• Can Pearce never play origin again please? He was a complete passenger again tonight, as he always is in the origin arena.

Don't get me wrong, there were worse NSW players out there by far (Fifita and Woods for starters), but he just cops so much ****ing abuse after every loss its undoubtedly going to derail out season like it does most years he plays.

Not sure what Maloney does in origin to escape the knives,though. He's played 3 series for 3 losses now, and looked invisible most times he takes the field. Funnily enough once we get inside their 30 he magically appears wanting the ball though

Comment

• If I was in charge of NSW I would make the following changes - Freddy Coach and Joey/Fitzy as assistant coaches and Gussy as consultant- all from a winning culture too

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
                        At the risk of being called a pea heart supporter I'll add that the main problem with Pearce has always been that he doesn't play what's in front of him. He makes up his mind what he will do before he gets the ball. There were numerous times in the game that he passed when he shouldn't have.

Then there was his massive defensive mistake when he ran out of the line.

It's true that his forwards were pathetic (especially the starting props) and the Wade Graham strip was again a massive turning point and the defence was on him way too quick but Pearce was very poor.

I really hope he doesn't go down mentally from it. Our boys have to pick him up like SBW and JWH did in 2013.

PS. Maloney was worse.
                        How fit was Cordner though JT - 70% if that??- I got bagged for saying that Gussy (as you know him too I would say) said he was 1 1/2 weeks from being fit- It was only three weeks from the injury- All this would he play would he not play obviously would disrupt the side - never the less the forwards didn't lay any platform at all and QLD decided the best bet was to move the ball and expose weaknesses in NSW Backs/outside defence which they often did. Made on average plenty more metres than NSW did in their set of six- meaning NSW kicks from 5th tackles were always going to be easily defendable by the back three for QLD as there was no pressure on them as they were from too far out to cause any problems. - I don't recall NSW ever being in a position for an attacking kick and or one for a repeat set all night.

Comment

Yep we were so poor that even a blind, frigging stupid/biased fan like me can't blame the refs/cheating QLD tactics. We just s*cked and there's no way to polish this turd!

No passion and no new tactics = getting thumped. The only positive is that despite getting absolutely smashed, we only lost by 16 points. That was pretty crazy!

Comment

• now that this circus is over we can get back to the important club footy

Comment

• NSW lost because their forwards got completely owned. Not sure what Pearce is supposed to do about that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maxy Walker View Post
                                NSW lost because their forwards got completely owned. Not sure what Pearce is supposed to do about that.
                                EVERYONE got owned backs included. Without going to the stats, did the backs many any breaks? If they did, they sure weren't that memorable. Ferguson let V-Holmes run all over him. Dugan's only contribution was the try and an important tackle. Hayne stopped at the border and looking for penalties. Morris did a little better but hardly any breaks. Tedesco tried hard but couldn't break through, Maloney put a few better bombs for a try....Pearce...well V ordinary. The backs are just as responsible as the forwards.

Comment

Working...
                                X