Gotta to said: Burgearse is a 1st class grub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gotta to said: Burgearse is a 1st class grub

sick of earring channel Neil bar up over him. The Sam, George and Tom story.

he is a thug. Full of cheap shots, last man in, grub work in most rucks.

not needed because he is also a brilliant footballer. How do you wish to be remembered?

Ch9 manufacture another myth
    Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

There are tough hard footballers that sometimes stray outside the rules. There are footballers that are niggly both vocally and physically.
    Then there is Sam Biurgess an out and out dirty low dog of a player. The stupid thing is as you said Axe, he doesn't have to be but since stepping foot on Australian soil has been nothing but.

Back before he got suspended for that squirrel grip, he was heard to say by a friend of mine, "its amazing, I can do what ever I want and I get away with it"
    The Internet is a place for posting silly things
    Try and be serious and you will look stupid
    sigpic

Comment

Not sure what the history is between him and Latrell, but every time we play each other he pulls something cheap on him in the tackle.

And I'm glad he did last night, he put the nail in the coffin for his rubbish team.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowzy View Post
        Not sure what the history is between him and Latrell, but every time we play each other he pulls something cheap on him in the tackle.

And I'm glad he did last night, he put the nail in the coffin for his rubbish team.
        and every time latrell gets up smiling and laughing at him. brings joy to my life seeing burgess laughed at by a 19 year old

Comment

Can't disagree with all of the above - but I like Sam. I don't think he's nasty and he's a wonderful, wonderful player.

Comment

He did it a few times with Latrell.

The he best was his dive after Jake tapped him. What an embarrassment.

BTW I hated Latrell's dive. We don't do that shit.

Comment

rugby league is supposed to be tough fans wouldnt have a problem with his antics if he played for our team

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post
                Can't disagree with all of the above - but I like Sam. I don't think he's nasty and he's a wonderful, wonderful player.
                Yeah for some reason i like him. I think his brothers are useless but Sam is an absolute machine. Yes he can be grubby but that is Rugby League FFS, I'd imagine he would be pretty inspiring to play with

Comment

Originally posted by Easts75 View Post

Yeah for some reason i like him. I think his brothers are useless but Sam is an absolute machine. Yes he can be grubby but that is Rugby League FFS, I'd imagine he would be pretty inspiring to play with
                  i agree with you its a tough sport and he plays the game tough i find it strange that older fans can call him bad with his antics when the players when we were young in the 70s and 80s got away with all sorts of nastiness that was considered good tough footy nobody today comes close to them in that aspect

if jarred hargraves played for another team he would most likely be the most hated played on this website

Comment

Apart from the fact he plays for Souffs I don't mind Sam Burgess.

He's one of the best forwards I've ever seen and plays tough. He does throw a few forearms in on the tackled player but Mitchell cops a lot of that because the opposition know he reacts.

I wish Sam was a Rooster.

Comment

Reminds me of Morley a lot.. Hard to hate the guy even with the grubbiness and playing for the arch enemy

Comment

Morley wasn't one for the niggle.

If he didn't like you he'd just nail you with a coat hanger or knee you to the face ala Corey Hughes

No half measures from our Big Adrian.

Comment

Originally posted by boogie View Post

i agree with you its a tough sport and he plays the game tough i find it strange that older fans can call him bad with his antics when the players when we were young in the 70s and 80s got away with all sorts of nastiness that was considered good tough footy nobody today comes close to them in that aspect

if jarred hargraves played for another team he would most likely be the most hated played on this website
                          In the old days you never let the opposition know they had hurt you , these days players seem to play for the penalty no matter what damage it does to their " tough boy image".
                          The way the game is refereed , tough aggressive football is a liability and a thing of the past - unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by boogie View Post

really good point to consider. Thanks for raising an alternative point of view

I liked the in all brawls but never liked the coat hangers, coward punches that went on. I was even concerned for John Harvey's elbow.

the point re burgearse is he is a good player in the modern game but resorts to behaviours that are well beneath his abilities and amazingly go unoticed and unpunished.

the only way I'd want him at easts is to piss off the phone chucker.

Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

Ah John Harvey. My 3rd favourite male chicken of all time after Fatty Vautin and Justin Hodges. This forum is going off!!

Comment

Working...
                              X