are we a chance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• are we a chance?

Apart from the Storm, I don't think there are many teams that can beat us. I'm writing this as I watch us going down 38-12 to the Sharks ( 8 mins to go), but to look at today's game and say we are gone is foolish.
    The tone was set in the first half. 100% completion and 5-1 penalties will kill any team's momentum.A couple of bad calls by the ref, which would have given us possesion also cost us. having Cordner and SST back will definitely stiffen up the defense, and I think we are still up there in top 4 contention, and anything can happen in the playoffs.
    I am definitely not giving up, and not slitting my wrists yet. We have plenty of talent, and will come home strong over the last few games of the season.

Hopefully we'll be ok after origin. Any team with a bunch of origin players is going to be up and down this time of year. Look at the sharks they got towelled up last week.

Sone worrying signs today though no doubt.

Comment

we struggled big time against brisbane and should have lost we lost to manly we are getting beaten up by cronulla and it took golden point to beat melbourne without their key players im not sure how you can come to the conclusion that nobody can beat us but melbourne but this season has exceeded my expectations so i am not as upset as others are

Comment

Anyone in the 8 is technically a chance, we need to finish top 2 and basically dodge our way to the grand final with the professional scrappers (Melbourne and Cronulla) knocked out for us by others.

Comment

It's July
          Any team with decent players struggles around the State Of Origin time.
          We just need to win most our games during the rest of the regular season and start firing from about round 22-23 with as little as possible injuries and go into the finals firing.

Comment

Without Cordner and SST we basically have zero go forward outside of JWH.

But even then JWH makes the tough early runs. Only Cords and SST get on the back of it with big runs for metres and momentum.

We just don't go anywhere without them. Always kicking from our own half.

Comment

The tigpies are to the Roosters what the Roosters are to the fish.
              Meet the fish at any point during the finals and the Roosters will lose.
              "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I just think we need to go forward shopping. We need some hard nuts. Even if it means losing CW or Fergo etc. I know there were some horrific defensive reads by our centres, but in reality we got smashed in the forwards. As soon as Liu and Evans hit the field we get steamrolled.

We need to buy another good prop. And Lillyman is not the answer
                Embrace the Hate! JC

Comment

Who possessed Isaac Liu this year and what did they do with him?

He's been bog average all year.

Comment

We are not there yet .Dont know if we will .Last 3 rounds will tell the story
                    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

They all need to aim up defense.

Fergo needs to go, he has no trust in Manu, he continually pushes him in creating an overlap.

He deadset thinks hes he's bigger than the team at the moment.

Friend, has been terrible attack wise this year, he needs to let the game come naturally instead of forcing it.

And Latrell seriously needs to show a bit of heart, has all the talent in the world but can never be bothered, seems like GI 2.0 on the effort behalf.

We we were lucky last week, this week we were horrendous.

Hope Robbo actually has a bit of heart to rip them a new one, they don't deserve a day off this week.

Comment

Originally posted by OMR View Post
                        Apart from the Storm, I don't think there are many teams that can beat us. I'm writing this as I watch us going down 38-12 to the Sharks ( 8 mins to go), but to look at today's game and say we are gone is foolish.
                        The tone was set in the first half. 100% completion and 5-1 penalties will kill any team's momentum.A couple of bad calls by the ref, which would have given us possesion also cost us. having Cordner and SST back will definitely stiffen up the defense, and I think we are still up there in top 4 contention, and anything can happen in the playoffs.
                        I am definitely not giving up, and not slitting my wrists yet. We have plenty of talent, and will come home strong over the last few games of the season.
                        Manly did & can do it again.
                        The Broncos can
                        Cronulla can so can Canberra & the Warriors.

All the rest havnt.

Comment

We don't know how to beat Cronulla or Melbourne when they're both at or near enough to full strength. With this in mind, we're no hope.
                          When we look at the draw each year we normally pencil in the Tigers as a team we're not really intimidated by. I reckon the same can be said when Sharks fans see us in their draw.

Comment

Working...
                          X