Angus Crichton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Such as?

I just recall you saying that Papalii was better than Cordner back in about early 2015.

Now Paps is an excellent player. But on a week to week basis and also in rep footy, and as a leader, Cordner is simply the best going around atm on the edge.

But hey, we all get it wrong from time to time no big deal. I have on many occasions no doubt.

As for this statement, I'm happy to revisit in a few years.

Crichton has outsanding footwork, speed and hole running ability to go with excellent defence, a big motor and a great work ethic. He also has an offload.

I think he can be as good as Cordner.

Comment

Reading this thread I swear I am in the burrow...
      Originally posted by Bondi Boy

Pathetic!
      What a rabble we are.

Oh well, maybe next year

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
        Yeah he's quite the physical specimen.

The concensus on here regarding Crichton seems to be unanimous.

There's a lot of impressive kids in the game, and maybe I'm getting ahead of myself, but Crichton strikes me as a very unique talent.

Someone who in 10 years time might be considered to be the best edge backrower of his era. The best since SBW.
        He's had some solid minutes with Souffs due to them being rubbish and I agree he's really good for a rookie. However, I think saying he's the best young back rower since SBW/Cords is premature.

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

There's not much between Papalii & Cordner now. Cordner has proven more at rep level and consistently at First Grade but Papalii's edge is his ball playing ability.

And I'm sure you've taken my post out of context, because I've always been a strong believer in Cordner's potential. Do you have the quote?

Chrichton's a very talented prospect but you are notorious for coming up with some grossly over-sensationalised predictions.
        Papalii is an overweight, lazy slob who puts in a solid 30 minutes each week. Cords... I think you need to meet him and shake his hand to understand how frigging huge and athletic he is. He's an 80 Minute workhorse who has a knack for bending opposition lines. Papalii's an okay impact player but no Cordner.
        Last edited by ism22; 06-18-2017, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Such as?

I just recall you saying that Papalii was better than Cordner back in about early 2015.

Now Paps is an excellent player. But on a week to week basis and also in rep footy, and as a leader, Cordner is simply the best going around atm on the edge.

But hey, we all get it wrong from time to time no big deal. I have on many occasions no doubt.

As for this statement, I'm happy to revisit in a few years.

Crichton has outsanding footwork, speed and hole running ability to go with excellent defence, a big motor and a great work ethic. He also has an offload.

I think he can be as good as Cordner.
          Josh Paplii definitely realised his potential a lot sooner than Cordner and there's no doubt that a few years ago he was the better play. That's not a representation of what I thought of Cordner's potential, just his ability at that point in time.

I've long been a huge fan of Cordner so I'm not sure why you're coming at me with all this bullshit.

Context is some important!!

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post
            Papalii is an overweight, lazy slob who puts in a solid 30 minutes each week.
            Papalii averages 140m per game and has played the full 80 minutes in every game for Canberra this year.

Papalii is a brilliant player.

Comment

Josh Paplii definitely realised his potential a lot sooner than Cordner and there's no doubt that a few years ago he was the better play. That's not a representation of what I thought of Cordner's potential, just his ability at that point in time.

I've long been a huge fan of Cordner so I'm not sure why you're coming at me with all this bullshit.

Context is some important!!
              Lol

Comment

Sorry it's annoying when someone quotes your post and replies simply with "lol".

I should expand my point:

Cordner dominated the comp at 20/21 on his way to winning the comp in 2013. He was the second best backrower in the comp that year behind SBW.

What was Papa doing at 20/21?

So to suggest that Papa realised his potential before Cordner is absolutely ludicrous and in the GF for dumbest statements all year.

Comment

Sorry TS, but I have to stick up for R6 here.

I remember when he said the Papalli thing and it was true at the time (which was just when Cordner started playing for Oz), when he suggested that as at the time, while both were stand out young players in their positions, that Papalli was better due to consistency and offloads. And the Oz coach seemed to agree as Papalli had a lot more game time than did Boyd for that test series (and the next I believe).

Now of course, it's a whole other story.
                  Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

Comment

Originally posted by Salvatori Grubber View Post
                    Sorry TS, but I have to stick up for R6 here.

I remember when he said the Papalli thing and it was true at the time (which was just when Cordner started playing for Oz), when he suggested that as at the time, while both were stand out young players in their positions, that Papalli was better due to consistency and offloads. And the Oz coach seemed to agree as Papalli had a lot more game time than did Boyd for that test series (and the next I believe).

Now of course, it's a whole other story.
                    100%

Boyd Cordner is the best second rower in the game. I think that's something we can all agree on.

Comment

I'll bookmark that.

This kid has all the attributes - both mentally, physically and football skills.

But then you thought Papalii was better than Cordner and also that Hastings was the next big thing so we know all about your ability to judge a footy player
                      The argument was that Papalii was more talented. Which is probably true, as he has more ball skills, an offload and is a damaging runner.

I do think Cords is the better player though.

Comment

Sorry it's annoying when someone quotes your post and replies simply with "lol".

I should expand my point:

Cordner dominated the comp at 20/21 on his way to winning the comp in 2013. He was the second best backrower in the comp that year behind SBW.

What was Papa doing at 20/21?

So to suggest that Papa realised his potential before Cordner is absolutely ludicrous and in the GF for dumbest statements all year.
                        winning a world cup with australia and state of origin series with queensland

Comment

I hate to get against the grain but the blokes defence is suspect and his mind wanders in and out of games. Sure he runs well. I am not sad he is not a chook
                          barbarian ......arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!!!!!

Comment

Vossy just said that the more he sees of Crichton the more he reminds him of a young Brad Clyde.

That bloody sensationalist 'know nothing' lunatic!

But I digress...

Aren't bye weeks awful?

Comment

Papalii averages 140m per game and has played the full 80 minutes in every game for Canberra this year.

Papalii is a brilliant player.
                              1. This season he has been on the field for almost 80 every game largely because the Raiders don't have a lot of size/talent on their bench.
                              2. At rep level Papalii is used as an impact player, and I think that's how he goes best. He's short and very heavy so it takes a lot of people to get him down.
                              3. I wouldn't compare Papalii to Cordner because their bodies and styles are just so different. I'd say that Papalii is more a shorter, slower version of Fifita who lacks the silky touches.
                              4. In summary... he's one of those (relatively) short, super heavy, low centre of gravity guys. Despite this he has a little bit of speed. Also, he's not bad at offloading because again... he's short and powerful, so he's tough to tackle, which gives him the time to get an arm free (also the Raiders are just really risky in general so trying to offload on every play isn't uncommon).

He's definitely a powerful player (which is always good) but SBW and Cords? He's not a ~190cm forward with silky ball skills... you won't see him doing a heap of cut-out passes and assists.
                              Last edited by ism22; 06-19-2017, 07:20 AM.

Comment

In my always humble opinion Papalii couldn't lace Boyd's boots.

A poor man's Taumalolo - just like Frizell.

Comment

Working...
                                X