Angus Crichton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angus Crichton

A bit of a bye week filler thread but on a list of the ones that got away, this guy must be close to the top.

I know he played some SG Ball in our system but how close were we to signing him before the toothless ones swooped in?

This kid is the most impressive edge backrower to hit the scene since our own Cpt Cordner. He's the complete package and also an outstanding young man off the field.

I'm just glad we nabbed Butcher off the filth in return who I think will be equally impressive once he hits the scene regularly next year!

Gee if Butcher turns out to be 70% of the player Crichton is we'll be doing alright.

Comment

Yes Crichton is star in the making. South's won that deal I'm afraid.

Comment

I am not sure he actually played any SG Ball. Once Scots college found out about his training with the Roosters SG Ball team he was told to stop.
        I would be surprised if the Roosters were expressing any interest in him later on and it would have been RU the one really chasing him.
        $ouff$ stole him out from under the nose of the ARU more than from us.

But he is going well isn't he
        The Internet is a place for posting silly things
        Try and be serious and you will look stupid
        sigpic

Comment

It's hard finding a souffs player somewhat likeable.

Im very keen to see Butcher get more time in first grade considering out of the two he was seen as the better player. Although I believe he's more of a middle then an edge backrower.

Comment

I think Butcher has it in him to be just as good a lock as Crichton is an edge back rower

Comment

The guy is an awesome player.Sure can hit a hole but with a great step as well..He shows real class off the field How I wish he was a chook.Very likeable considering his vermin status.

Comment

I went to school with his Dad Charlie, who played Australian Schoolboys rugby as a hooker. So incredibly strong. We used to have boarder v dayboy rumbles. The boarders murdered us city kids because the country guys were so strong. I remember Charlie throwing me around like I was a rag doll. This kid's body shape is almost identical to his dad.

Comment

Yeah he's quite the physical specimen.

The concensus on here regarding Crichton seems to be unanimous.

There's a lot of impressive kids in the game, and maybe I'm getting ahead of myself, but Crichton strikes me as a very unique talent.

Someone who in 10 years time might be considered to be the best edge backrower of his era. The best since SBW.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                    Someone who in 10 years time might be considered to be the best edge backrower of his era. The best since SBW.
                    lol

Comment

Taking little away from Crighton's performance, but, that game was an awful display of rugby league. Angus was the best of a shithouse bunch.

Comment

He is a top player without a doubt but he will never be as good as Hugh McGahan, SBW, Boyd Cordner or Nick Kouparitsas.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

lol
                          I'll bookmark that.

This kid has all the attributes - both mentally, physically and football skills.

But then you thought Papalii was better than Cordner and also that Hastings was the next big thing so we know all about your ability to judge a footy player

Comment

I'll bookmark that.

This kid has all the attributes - both mentally, physically and football skills.

But then you thought Papalii was better than Cordner and also that Hastings was the next big thing so we know all about your ability to judge a footy player
                            I don't necessarily think Papalii is better than Cordner but he's not that far behind. Papalii is a gun in his own right

Comment

I'll bookmark that.

There's not much between Papalii & Cordner now. Cordner has proven more at rep level and consistently at First Grade but Papalii's edge is his ball playing ability.

And I'm sure you've taken my post out of context, because I've always been a strong believer in Cordner's potential. Do you have the quote?

Chrichton's a very talented prospect but you are notorious for coming up with some grossly over-sensationalised predictions.

Comment

Working...
                              X