extreme LOL@SOUFFS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• extreme LOL@SOUFFS

VALE South Sydney under 20’s team from 2018 because it will be no more. South’s will only be represented by an NRL team with the 20’s, like the NSW Cup or “Intrust Super Premiership Competition", playing in North Sydney colors.
    So now we are giving our time for Junior players to advance through North Sydney if they are to make Souths NRL team. What an absolute joke. Maybe some of you can tell me, wasn’t it your ambition when playing in the Junior League to first just make South’s grade ranks. Now your only chance is to be good enough to be an NRL player to do so.
    Mind you Souths is not the only Club punting their under 20’s team to their feeder Club. If my information is right only 2 or 3 NRL Clubs will continue with an under 20’s team. Those Clubs are to be APPLAUDED for putting the future of the game ahead of money
    Now before I go any further it will be a requirement of the NSW Rugby League that teams participating in the “Intrust Competition” must also be represented by an under 20’s team. Be that as it may what I don’t know is what the situation is with an NRL Club and an under 20’s. Does the NRL Club now also need an “Intrust Team” to have an under 20’s because both these grades will presumably come under the banner of the NSW Rugby League.
    I have never been a supporter of the under 20’s competition but for Clubs not being required to have one means another pathway is gone. As I have said before the League should be creating more pathways not abandoning what is already there.
    Over the past 15 years approximately Junior Rugby League has been on a downward spiral, now in Sydney it is in freefall but these people who make the decisions can’t or won’t see, or do, anythig about that. NRL Clubs, in the main, are only interested in their number 1 team and possibly progressing elite players with little or no thought for the game overall. About time you guys woke up that the future of the game is not the current First Graders it is the continuing production line thereafter, where do you think the elite players come from.
    I’ve known positively about Souths not having an under 20’s team for about three weeks after being informed by their CEO. I raised my objection at our Delegates Meeting but the only person who gave me any verbal support was Henry Morris. We obviously live in different times!
    I was going to write about this matter in my next “episode” which is well overdue because I have been busy with other things but as JA asked me the question I have brought this part forward.
    I know I’ve said it before but I believe there are times you have to go backwards to go forwards and this is one of them. We should recreate pathways by again having short Matthews under 15's, SG Ball under 17's Flegg under 19's and Presidents Cup under 21's competions preferaby restricted to locals, as well as 1st, 2nd and either 3rd or under 23’s and none run by feeder Clubs.
    I’ve said players should be able to earn as much as they can out of the game because who knows when they may be injured putting a sudden end to their careers. I should clarify but not at the cost OF the game. However, with all this Salary Cap kafuffle it seems greed is the big issue.
    That’s enough for now

1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

we will probably do the same I see a time where the nrl teams exist as stand alone first grade teams only

Comment

The Pride of the League

Comment

I'd say this is LOL at the NRL. The game is eating itself

Comment

SELLING THE GAME TO THE HIGHEST BIGGER IS WHAT HAS KILLED/ KILLING THE GAME. nein and their team of choice. afl would never sell the game and lose controll like the nrl/arl has

Comment

Originally posted by The ticket View Post
            Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by The ticket View Post
              The Nrl will probably be like the rugby union super 15/16 or whatever it is called, and the intrust cup (reggies) like club rugby. Killing themselves from within.

RIP Nrl ...

Comment

They didn't want to run a 20s team this year
                The Internet is a place for posting silly things
                Try and be serious and you will look stupid
                sigpic

Comment

Lol@souffs last night. Not even with a 10-5 penalty count could they win. Brilliant yet in efficient game management. Lol.

Hate them so much I watch the preso to watch sour Madge. Lol. Even better to see bully boy burgearse try to e plain reason for loss. Truth is they are paying a front rower too much of their cap. HE is their reason for lack of success. Lol
                  Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

And their solution next year is an inconsistent centre on 750k a year.

Souffs are in decline and there ain't no light at the end of the tunnel.

It's delicious.

Comment

How bad are the Burgess twins going !! They are seriously two of the worst players in the comp chewing up a heap of cap space, I piss myself laughing with their mistakes lately

Comment

Originally posted by Easts75 View Post
                        How bad are the Burgess twins going !! They are seriously two of the worst players in the comp chewing up a heap of cap space, I piss myself laughing with their mistakes lately
                        Triplelol@souffs

Comment

I just read this thread and feel I sidetracked the true nature. Apologies.

This is a good thread and deserves comment. I was sitting today with people close to the game and around it. Club's have lost trust in the running of the game. Similar to ARL, too much is spent on admin of the game and not the pathways or grass roots. It saddens me to read this thread. The game will decline if not arrested. Those running the game are killing the goose that laid the golden egg through incompetence, greed and ignorance. Too much arrogance and not enough leadership

They told me a great example was too much structure such as middle management and having two receptionists were prime examples. The game is no better run now than when Quayle and Arko ran the gig.
                          Last edited by The Axe; 05-27-2017, 05:08 PM.

Comment

They are still living in 2014 knowing it's going to be a very VERY long time before they taste success again.

I'm happy for souffs to keep paying overs for those boys. The league needs a bit of comedy sometimes and there's plenty to laugh about with them on the field!
                            FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by The Axe View Post
                              I just read this thread and feel I sidetracked the true nature. Apologies.

This is a good thread and deserves comment. I was sitting today with people close to the game and around it. Club's have lost trust in the running of the game. Similar to ARL, too much is spent on admin of the game and not the pathways or grass roots. It saddens me to read this thread. The game will decline if not arrested. Those running the game are killing the goose that laid the golden egg through incompetence, greed and ignorance. Too much arrogance and not enough leadership

They told me a great example was too much structure such as middle management and having two receptionists were prime examples. The game is no better run now than when Quayle and Arko ran the gig.
                              im pretty much deeply involved with the gold coast jrl and have found that the governing bodies are more about developing the div 1 players and are turning their backs on every one else. sure the game needs the div 1 jnrs but the other 80% who play the game need the same $$$$.

Comment

Working...
                              X